Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-08-2006, 08:31 PM
Flemington

Default Happy Ticket

Oh,I am quite familiar with that type of ride she got today.Some things don't change.Atleast he can blame it on the surface this time.
Old 10-08-2006, 08:36 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHoss9698
She never looked happy at all, and really didn't run a lick. Can't really blame the jock, well let me rephrase that, you can, but I doubt many others will blame the jock. Sometimes horses don't fire, especially on the poly.
Like I said,he has the surface to blame.
Old 10-08-2006, 08:54 PM
Steve Byk

She was full of run and had the rail close on her.. Was moving best of all when it happened too. It's OK.. She'll get 'em in November.
Old 10-08-2006, 08:57 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHoss9698
I actually just watched the replay a few times, and I want to change my first response. She did come running at the end, but was shut off on the rail, but really I can't blame Gomez, Bridgmohan almost put him over the rail. I highly doubt she was beating Asi Siempre today anyway. At least be consistent, Gomez gave 3 great rides before today on Islero Noir on friday, and Admiral Bird and Aussie Rules. Didn't happen to catch them?
I am very consistent.I have pointed out that he often gives nervous rides on chalk,and great rides on better priced horses.This weekend is an example of his riding.I have no problem betting the guy on a price,but I ain't using him on chalk.
Old 10-08-2006, 09:06 PM
Gulfstream Park

if this filly ever didnt try itd be a clear indication there was a physical problem with her or shes just sour and didnt wanna race anymore! yes shes ultra fast but her heart is huge and shell try on anything underneath her
Old 10-08-2006, 09:31 PM
Flemington

On the rail again
I got my butt stuck on this here rail again
Seems I'm so often stuck behind another horse
And I don't see why I'm stuck on this rail again.

On the rail again...............
Old 10-08-2006, 09:33 PM
Cunningham Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept
She was full of run and had the rail close on her.. Was moving best of all when it happened too. It's OK.. She'll get 'em in November.
I agree...I think this just enhances her price in the BC Distaff...I know she likes CD...Polytrack?..who knows about that surface...Spun Sugar ran even worse...

Happy Ticket had her head turned when they broke from the gates and she didn't get the best of starts because of it....then, when she began to move on the turn and straightening for home, she got shut off and lost a lot of momentum....

Let me say this about Polytrack just from my experience and opinions based on the information I have on it....IMO, it would be a surface that would be very hard to regain momentum on due to its softness and with all of the give in the surface.....think about it...once you lose momentum and have to try to re-accelerate quickly I bet you do a lot of spinning of the wheels trying to get back to full stride and momentum....just a guess but it makes a helluva lot of sense to me....

Happy Ticket will be fine....I know how genuine she is...I'm sold on that and have been for a long time....her Polytrack disappointment will only inflate her odds on BC day....I'll take her and run at 8-1 or better in the Distaff....
Old 10-08-2006, 10:09 PM
Cunningham Racing

Well, realistically - around 5-1....I forget this is a horrible renewal of the race....Balletto and Healthy Addiction will both take action....I personally believe that Pine Island will be the favorite in the race, but thats just me...everybody knows Shug's record in this race and I think a lot of people love to bet her style in a race that figures to fill and have a ton of early speed....Oonagh Maccool intrigues a little and is good enough to run with these if she's not dead....must be hurt though...hadn't heard...I'm sure she would've prepped had she been right...Spun Sugar will be a nice betting prospect at 10-1 or so off her Polytrack debacle...Lemon's Forever will be an underlay because she won the Oaks, but still be 10-1....

Indian Vale is apparently dead....what a shame because she had talent....Fleet indian will obviously take money a should be second choice off of her streak...Who else is there?...Island fashion, Balance (might be dead too)? Ermine ran horrible Friday night..Baghdaria isn't good enough...Round Pond is climbing an uphill battle after her very average race this weekend...Pool Land isn't good enough IMO...Bushfire could fire big but not sure 1 1/8 miles around two turns is where she'll be at her best...Teammate is not good enough...no Euros/Canadians coming that I can think of or have heard of....

To be dead honest, I would be VERY intrigued by Dubai Escapade if they put here in here....yeah, i know she is pretty brilliant around one turn to imagine her going 1 1/8 miles, but she is by Awesome Again and her sister Madcap Escapade was good enough to carry her speed a route of ground in important races like the KY Oaks, so it is ceratinly possible...She is definately as or more talented than the rest of these fillies and mares...would be very intriguing, but they won't run her...they'll go in the Sprint if anything..

Bad year for Distaffers...
Old 10-09-2006, 12:25 AM
Oaklawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunningham Racing
Let me say this about Polytrack just from my experience and opinions based on the information I have on it....IMO, it would be a surface that would be very hard to regain momentum on due to its softness and with all of the give in the surface.....think about it...once you lose momentum and have to try to re-accelerate quickly I bet you do a lot of spinning of the wheels trying to get back to full stride and momentum....just a guess but it makes a helluva lot of sense to me....
That is a VERY interesting observation and makes perfect sense to me. You can't "dig" into it as much it would seem.

We at LaD really wanted Happy Ticket to run well because she would become the all-time leading Louisiana-bred. From the start, even in the gate, she never looked pleased and was then hindered further by a tough trip. Give her clear sailing and I still don't think she would have done much today. From the start she didn't look like she wanted any part of the racing. Maybe next time.