Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-31-2008, 12:36 PM
5'8".. but all man!

Default Ryder Cup

Faldo picks Paul Casy and Ian Poulter.

First time since 1989 without Colin Montgomerie. Played 8 consecutive Ryder Cup teams.
Old 08-31-2008, 03:42 PM
Santa Anita

tricky choice to make, but I wouldnt have picked Poulter at all.. Besides his decent performance at the Open this year, what has he done? I think Faldo always had it in his mind to pick him..

I would have chosen Monty and Casey.. even though Monty has done nothing really of note for ages, his Ryder Cup record speaks for itself and has been a positive influence on the team.. He could be missed..

#Grand
Old 08-31-2008, 03:48 PM
Flemington

WOW!!!..He is a different player when he is playing for somebody other than just himself. They probably won't need him though.

Villegas shot a 63 to go into Monday at -16. If he is a favorite in betting, then I will have to partake in betting others. You would think he has to get it done one of these times, but he can't seem to do it.
Old 08-31-2008, 05:06 PM
5'8".. but all man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockguy
tricky choice to make, but I wouldnt have picked Poulter at all.. Besides his decent performance at the Open this year, what has he done? I think Faldo always had it in his mind to pick him..

I would have chosen Monty and Casey.. even though Monty has done nothing really of note for ages, his Ryder Cup record speaks for itself and has been a positive influence on the team.. He could be missed..

Kev....I think Monty will be sorely missed. As you said, his Ryder Cup record speaks for itself. I don't believe he and Faldo have been the best of buds through the years though, have they?
Old 08-31-2008, 07:26 PM
Flemington

He had to pick Casey, because he put his foot in his mouth on National TV last week. Casey was lining up a put, and Faldo said if he makes it he's in. Casey sank the put and Faldo started backpeddling, saying well uh, I didn't really mean that.
Old 08-31-2008, 07:42 PM
Flemington

It's on Monty. I mean he shouldn't have put himself in that position. You're asking Faldo to overlook people who have played better than Monty. I think this is one player who is deserving of being "a captain's pick," but Faldo has the right to take the people who he thinks are gunna play best for him. I actually question the selection of Faldo(as Captain) a lot more than the non-selection of Monty.
Old 08-31-2008, 09:26 PM
5'8".. but all man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUDSBROTHER
It's on Monty. I mean he shouldn't have put himself in that position. You're asking Faldo to overlook people who have played better than Monty. I think this is one player who is deserving of being "a captain's pick," but Faldo has the right to take the people who he thinks are gunna play best for him. I actually question the selection of Faldo(as Captain) a lot more than the non-selection of Monty.

Why would you question the selection of Faldo as captain?
Old 08-31-2008, 10:20 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPK
Why would you question the selection of Faldo as captain?
To be honest, he enjoys making fun of people who are trying their best. I think that works for entertaining fans, but doesn't work very well with other players. You've already seen tension between him and players in that warm up team thing they had last year. I mean he is somebody who was so talented that he still has an attitude that kinda says "it's easy guys." Not a modest enough person to really be a good leader of something. To be honest, if somebody else was captain, then I think Monty would of made the team on his own. I don't know how Faldo really is, but he gives the appearance of being a jerk.
Old 09-01-2008, 06:53 AM
Monmouth Park

I actually came on here to post my thoughts on this....glad to see you boys are already on it....I can't even debate the selection of Faldo as captain...actually if you are going to debate a captain, debate Azinger.

I think that Faldo missed the boat with both picks. Monty brings that whole sinister swagger into this which is so important. But the one that really shocked me was Darren Clarke. How on earth does he not pick him? Especially since he is playing well again...2 wins this year. Not to mention the emotional lift he brings. Poulter and Casey are 2 nice players and will probably do okay, I just think that Clarke and Monty would have made more sense. Or at least one of them and I think if I had to choose only one I would have had to go with Clarke.

Any thoughts on who Azinger is going to pick?
Old 09-01-2008, 02:49 PM
5'8".. but all man!

Quote:
WOW!!!..He is a different player when he is playing for somebody other than just himself. They probably won't need him though.

Villegas shot a 63 to go into Monday at -16. If he is a favorite in betting, then I will have to partake in betting others. You would think he has to get it done one of these times, but he can't seem to do it.

Kid loves to put on a skirt in the final round, dont he Scuds?
Old 09-01-2008, 04:08 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPK
Kid loves to put on a skirt in the final round, dont he Scuds?
BIG TIME!! Camillo be da CHOKAMAN!!
Old 09-01-2008, 09:36 PM
5'8".. but all man!

Quote:
BIG TIME!! Camillo be da CHOKAMAN!!

Incredible playing by Vijay today. Love seeing guys with the nuts to go out and play like that when it really matters.
Old 09-01-2008, 10:12 PM
5'8".. but all man!

crybaby...

http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/news/story?id=3561283
Old 09-02-2008, 07:50 PM
Gulfstream Park

So Azinger screws my boy Woody Ausin who finished in 10th place in the standings to put in WHO???? with his 4 picks....thats what he came up with?

USA is gonna get smoked this year!

http://<b>http://www.facebook.com/pr...ef=profile</b>
Old 09-02-2008, 08:46 PM
5'8".. but all man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Cadet
So Azinger screws my boy Woody Ausin who finished in 10th place in the standings to put in WHO???? with his 4 picks....thats what he came up with?

USA is gonna get smoked this year!

Ron...they were/are gonna get smoked no matter who he picked.
Old 09-04-2008, 06:37 PM
Flemington

Kev, another major choker rocketed to the front (again...lol) on the Nationwide. This Branshaw guy is a mental mess. He has plenty of game.
Old 09-04-2008, 09:33 PM
5'8".. but all man!

Quote:
Kev, another major choker rocketed to the front (again...lol) on the Nationwide. This Branshaw guy is a mental mess. He has plenty of game.

Hell yeah...TONS of game. Hits an insane amount of greens (about 75%) and can get hot with the putter occasionally, like today. But for the most part his putting sucks.

Bad putter = mental basketcase
Old 09-06-2008, 03:16 PM
5'8".. but all man!

Scuds....your favorite Colombian is teasing you again this week.
Old 09-07-2008, 03:07 PM
5'8".. but all man!

Scuds....not sure if you are watching (probably watching that suck ass .500 ball club you love ) but the Columbian is trying his hardest to puke all over himself on the back 9.
Old 09-07-2008, 03:15 PM
Santa Anita

can he do worse than McIlroy did today? He's will be a fine player but today must have hurt!!

#Grand