Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-20-2006, 11:34 PM
Tropical Park

Default Horse pedigree

People,

I´ve been offerred a colt and a filly on a private sale, but I am not very good about pedigrees!

What do you think of these two?

Colt - Blush Rambler (USA) and Reforce (BRZ), by Tumble Lark (USA):

Filly - Romarin (BRZ) and Guiguilove (BRZ), by Minstrel Glory (USA)

Which are their pros and cons?

Thank you for your help!

Last edited by fmc123412 : 07-20-2006 at 11:37 PM.
Old 07-20-2006, 11:41 PM
Tropical Park

The complete pedigree of these horses can be found on:

Blush Rambler: http://www.pedigreequery.com/blush+rambler

Reforce: http://www.pedigreequery.com/reforce2

Romarin: http://www.pedigreequery.com/romarin

Guiguilove: http://www.pedigreequery.com/guiguilove
Old 07-20-2006, 11:47 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

I'm far from a pedigree expert, but after glancing quickly, I'd say the colt would be the better choice, as they both seem to be bred for turf, but the filly may top out at a mile or so.

But eh, take what I say with a grain of salt. I'll defer to the real pedigree people on here.
Old 07-20-2006, 11:57 PM
Washington Park

Fmc, just wanted to say good luck in whichever you choose - if either. Have fun but more importantly be careful!!!

I cant believe what a bunch of nerds we are. We're looking up money laundering in the dictionary.

www.myspace.com/dustinfabian
Old 07-21-2006, 07:07 AM
Tropical Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st_Saturday_in_May
Fmc, just wanted to say good luck in whichever you choose - if either. Have fun but more importantly be careful!!!
Thank you 1st_Sat!

I am being careful....and also those horses are not tooo expensive (US$3.500 the colt and US$7.000 the filly)...this is only to have fun!

I am only trying to find an insight on their pedigrees....
Old 07-21-2006, 07:10 AM
Tropical Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid
I'm far from a pedigree expert, but after glancing quickly, I'd say the colt would be the better choice, as they both seem to be bred for turf, but the filly may top out at a mile or so.

But eh, take what I say with a grain of salt. I'll defer to the real pedigree people on here.
Thank you!

The breeder told me the colt is for turf...and to classic distances... (a mile and a half, maybe)...the filly is more a sprinter...but he didnt told me her surface, yet...
Old 07-21-2006, 07:34 AM
Keeneland

I'm no expert either but the progeny records don't seem overly impressive and if they are correct and up to date (not sure whether Brazilian horses are kept up with) these would represent the 1rst winners for each mare???
If both horses are sound though I don't see how you could go wrong (pricewise) especially for the colt.
Old 07-21-2006, 07:50 AM
Tropical Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by dellinger63
I'm no expert either but the progeny records don't seem overly impressive and if they are correct and up to date (not sure whether Brazilian horses are kept up with) these would represent the 1rst winners for each mare???
If both horses are sound though I don't see how you could go wrong (pricewise) especially for the colt.
The colt´s damn has 3 classic placed sons out of 5 that raced....(one of them, former track record holder at 7,5 furlongs on the dirt surface)...all of them won at least 2 races on their campaigns...She won 2 races herself at 3 and 4

The filly´s damn has only one race son, which is a classic placed colt. She won 2 races herself at 3

They are sound i think...i will send a vet to take some exams next week
Old 07-21-2006, 08:43 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmc123412
The colt´s damn has 3 classic placed sons out of 5 that raced....(one of them, former track record holder at 7,5 furlongs on the dirt surface)...all of them won at least 2 races on their campaigns...She won 2 races herself at 3 and 4

The filly´s damn has only one race son, which is a classic placed colt. She won 2 races herself at 3

They are sound i think...i will send a vet to take some exams next week
Then I think you answered your own question. Hopefully they pass inspection and Good Luck as a new owner..
Old 07-21-2006, 09:24 AM
Tropical Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by dellinger63
Then I think you answered your own question. Hopefully they pass inspection and Good Luck as a new owner..

Thank you dellinger!

But are their pedigree good? Besides the record of their damns? Does they have good family bloodline, which may increase the expectation of a good career? If they race well...will they be well valuated on breeding?
Old 07-21-2006, 09:31 AM
Keeneland

i say yes. put a post out to pedigreeann. she is an expert.