Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > International Racing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-21-2007, 08:21 PM
Tropical Park

Default Good opportunity

Are there owners/investors on this board that see buying brazilian horses as a cheaper way to get into the game?

The next season of auctions will begin here in a couple of months and I think that it is an unique opportunity to buy an excelent horse for a lot less money.

Costs of a horse here:
*Top yearling (bought at auctions of the most important brazilian breeders) - US$35.000 to US$50.000;
*Very good experienced horses in training - nearly the same price as above;
*Training expenses: Average of US$10.000/year - including medication, training, and everything else...except, of course, serious injuries.

For instance...a horse bought here by US$50k...price of some claimers in the US...is a horse that, if well bought, can pretty well run stakes in the US...breeding here has developed a lot.

I donīt have the resources to buy them on my own....I only have some claimers here...bought at an average of US$1.500...I am on my tenth horse nowadays...and I have already took some good photos with them on the winners circle.

I can share the expenses...of course the goal is to export them to run outside Brazil. Purses here are too small...here we have to run the bad ones...the good ones must go abroad...and that price I said is for the good ones!

Well...if there is anybody interested, please leave a message here or private message me! This could be very interesting!

See you!
Felipe