Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Triple Crown Topics/Archive..
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-10-2007, 12:25 PM
Hippodrome Bluebonnets

Default So who Wins the 3 HOY now?

Man it really depends what SS and Curlin do from here on out I think. They are both 1-1 on racing one another. I wonder if that played into the owners eyes for not running SS in the Belmont, to avoid Curlin at all cost while he has the upper hand?
Old 06-10-2007, 12:38 PM
Monmouth Park

only half way home...right now, I say Curlin......but still a long way to go....
Old 06-10-2007, 12:46 PM
Hawthorne

I think Street Sense is still the best of the bunch.....He should come back strong this summer. I can't wait for the Saratoga meet. This should be an excellent Travers this year.
Old 06-10-2007, 01:22 PM
Oaklawn

I think Rags is the obvious choice right now.
Old 06-10-2007, 01:25 PM
Dee Tee Stables

everyone ought to know that right now street sense is ahead, by virtue of his kentucky derby win.
Old 06-10-2007, 01:25 PM
Arlington Park

to many races left and it looks like a long HOT summer.
how about SS and Curlin in the Travers and leave the Haskill and Alabama to RTR.
Old 06-10-2007, 01:31 PM
Santa Anita

right now i'd give the edge to Curlin. he did run in all 3 legs of the tc which is hard to do.
Old 06-10-2007, 01:46 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Is it just me, or is it June 10th?
Old 06-10-2007, 01:49 PM
Hawthorne

Rags To Riches will be aimed towards all of the big races after her performance yesterday. You will see her in the Travers. I don't even think they will bother racing her against other fillies for a while.
Old 06-10-2007, 02:22 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Street Sense has to be in the lead. Curlin could have taken the lead with a win but he didn't get it. Since they are 1-1, the Derby trumps the Preakness. What's more interesting to me is how this affects the HOY race. At this point, I'm going to say that Rags to Riches is in the lead. But she's going to have to do more to be HOY. The only way she holds it is if Street Sense, Curlin and Invasor all falter. If she doesn't face males anymore and one of those three wins the Classic, she can forget it.
Manila, Java Gold, Alysheba, Sunday Silence, Go for Wand, In Excess, Paseana, Kotashaan, Holy Bull, Cigar, Alphabet Soup, Formal Gold, Skip Away, Artax, Tiznow, Point Given, Azeri, Candy Ride, Smarty Jones, Ghostzapper, Invasor, Curlin, Zenyatta, Zenyatta, Goldikova, Havre de Grace, Wise Dan, Wise Dan, California Chrome, American Pharoah, Arrogate, Gun Runner, Accelerate, Maximum Security, Gamine
Old 06-10-2007, 02:23 PM
The Curragh

You are all very wrong. The 3 HOY is going to Digger. Mark my words.
Old 06-10-2007, 02:45 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Glorious
Street Sense has to be in the lead. Curlin could have taken the lead with a win but he didn't get it. Since they are 1-1, the Derby trumps the Preakness. What's more interesting to me is how this affects the HOY race. At this point, I'm going to say that Rags to Riches is in the lead. But she's going to have to do more to be HOY. The only way she holds it is if Street Sense, Curlin and Invasor all falter. If she doesn't face males anymore and one of those three wins the Classic, she can forget it.

Yeah...HOY is still controlled by Invasor, by a large margain! 3yo cats are divided of course and Rags has pretty much already won 3yo filly Eclipse, Street Sense leads in the colt division but Curlin can take the lead with a big win down the road. It seems apparent that the BCC winner will be HOY unless some reformed claimer from Penn National pulls the upset of a lifetime.
Old 06-10-2007, 02:48 PM
Cahokia Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by trifecta124
I think Street Sense is still the best of the bunch.....He should come back strong this summer. I can't wait for the Saratoga meet. This should be an excellent Travers this year.
It would be great to see him at Saratoga. My senses tell me we may not see him at all.
Old 06-10-2007, 02:52 PM
pgardn

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodey17
I think Rags is the obvious choice right now.
No way at this point. Its still way early. And NOt with a bizzare race like that. That was a turf race. I hope Pletcher keeps her against the boys. I would have to give it to Curlin if voted right now. Ran in all three TC races.
Super tough horse. I love the guts.
Old 06-10-2007, 03:01 PM
Del Mar

Well Rags won two classics if you consider the oaks- obviously it's not as big of a deal as the triple crown races, but the score is something like 1.5-1-1 in favor of her if you just consider the last few months or so and give each race equal weight. . . Curlin did more than Street Sense in the preps, in my opinion, so he gets the edge there. It's way too early to tell now, though. The Haskell, Travers, and maybe later races against older horses will determine who wins because right now it's way too close to call. . . If I HAD to guess I'd say Curlin will get it- SS may never race again and Rags may not be as effective at shorter distances. . .
Old 06-10-2007, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgardn
No way at this point. Its still way early. And NOt with a bizzare race like that. That was a turf race. I hope Pletcher keeps her against the boys. I would have to give it to Curlin if voted right now. Ran in all three TC races.
Super tough horse. I love the guts.
I agree totally. Curlin is rapidly becoming one of my favorite horses of all-time. Hopefully he's around for a long time.
Old 06-10-2007, 05:36 PM
Dee Tee Stables

i think curlin will be at three chimneys at the end of the year.
Old 06-10-2007, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig
i think curlin will be at three chimneys at the end of the year.
Perhaps, but I didn't think he'd be in the Belmont. Or the Preakness for that matter.
Old 06-10-2007, 05:43 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid
Perhaps, but I didn't think he'd be in the Belmont. Or the Preakness for that matter.

he's good, no doubt. his third in the derby surprised me. i was hoping he would do well, as i said before, to help out the ark derby....but i didn't expect it. then his preakness, it was phenomenal. his performance yesterday was the icing on his cake. he's something else...hopefully he'll meet street sense in the travers, after a much-deserved break. my only beef with the horse has been his trainer, but i'm not going to hold that against curlin, or deny him the credit that is due him, just because of who conditions him.
Old 06-10-2007, 06:10 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid
Is it just me, or is it June 10th?
cosign.