Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-19-2007, 08:55 PM
Saratoga

Default Kansas - CBB

They have a bunch of f'n ballers and they aren't going to do crap in the tourney for three reasons

1) This point guard thinks he is playing in inner city Chicago

2) Bill Self

3) Scav has future money on them
Old 02-19-2007, 09:20 PM
Randwyck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scav
They have a bunch of f'n ballers and they aren't going to do crap in the tourney for three reasons

1) This point guard thinks he is playing in inner city Chicago

2) Bill Self

3) Scav has future money on them

I think Kansas State might be team to watch the next couple
of years under Coach Huggins. They said he has one of the best
recruiting classes coming in next year. He must of recruited all the
juvenile delinquents that can play ball

Look who is very lucky #13

They just had a nice interview with there Head Coach on the ESPN
radio show "The Pulse" with Doug Gottlieb.

Associated Press Top 25
No. School Record Points Prev
1 Wisconsin Badgers 26-2 1747 3
2 Ohio State Buckeyes 24-3 1728 2
3 Florida Gators 24-3 1647 1
4 UCLA Bruins 23-3 1611 5
5 North Carolina Tar Heels 23-4 1474 4
6 Kansas Jayhawks 23-4 1403 9
7 Memphis Tigers 23-3 1378 8
8 Texas A&M Aggies 22-4 1283 6
9 Washington State Cougars 22-4 1172 10
10 Pittsburgh Panthers 23-4 1161 7
11 Nevada Wolf Pack 24-2 1146 11
12 Georgetown Hoyas 20-5 1009 14
13 Southern Illinois Salukis 23-5 962 16
14 Air Force Falcons 23-4 831 17
15 Butler Bulldogs 24-4 695 13
16 Marquette Golden Eagles 21-7 510 12
17 Vanderbilt Commodores 18-8 413 _
18 Duke Blue Devils 20-7 410 _
19 Texas Longhorns 19-7 332 _
20 Louisville Cardinals 19-8 286 _
21 BYU Cougars 20-6 264 _
22 West Virginia Mountaineers 20-6 240 23
23 Oregon Ducks 20-7 218 15
24 Virginia Cavaliers 18-7 185 _
25 Alabama Crimson Tide 19-7 177 25
Others Receiving Votes: Southern Cal 170, Virginia Tech 126, Oklahoma St. 123, Kentucky 110, Stanford 88, Winthrop 75, Boston College 74, Arizona 59, Maryland 48, Notre Dame 39, UNLV 35, Kansas St. 34, Xavier 28, Indiana 21, Akron 19, Creighton 16, Old Dominion 15, Davidson 8, Va. Commonwealth 7, Santa Clara 6, Drexel 4, Massachusetts 4, New Mexico St. 3, Texas Tech 3, Tennessee 2, Vermont 1.
Old 02-19-2007, 09:35 PM
Saratoga

Yeah, hoping for top ten pre-tourney, would be awesome. a great feeling for a midmajor fan. We have a 'smart' team too as long as Boyle is not on the court.

About K-State, I was just 'looking' at them and they look like they are developing some thugs there. Looks very Cincy to me......
Old 02-19-2007, 09:37 PM
Saratoga

This game just got awesome, bodies all over the place
Old 02-19-2007, 09:39 PM
pgardn

Texas at 19... they go nowhere, no D. In the Big 12, the ATM group is by far the most capable.

Scavs you hit it with Kansas. Extremely athletic. But your SIU team could take them with that pesky D because they are wild, just like ATM took them down in Kansas. Texas would be a tougher draw for your group. And ATM... that would be a slugfest of defensive delight. I might be the only person in the nation that would appreciate that matchup.
Old 02-19-2007, 09:44 PM
Saratoga

Kansas would beat SIU by 20-30 points. I think Self will sit the youngin down and tell him to chill out and control the game, and make him aware that Kansas isn't the inner city. If he distributes the ball to the scorers/big guys, Kansas will not be stopped, if he turns the ball over with crazy passes(like that one right there that worked), they will get smoked by a vetern team in the tourney
Old 02-19-2007, 09:48 PM
Saratoga

Huggins is so hilarious, he just completely took this team out of this game...

Also, for the people that are watching, Kansas looks like they can defend the ball to and have some authority down low, they have been bringing down some man rebounds.

I am starting to like what I see.
Old 02-19-2007, 09:53 PM
pgardn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scav
Kansas would beat SIU by 20-30 points. I think Self will sit the youngin down and tell him to chill out and control the game, and make him aware that Kansas isn't the inner city. If he distributes the ball to the scorers/big guys, Kansas will not be stopped, if he turns the ball over with crazy passes(like that one right there that worked), they will get smoked by a vetern team in the tourney
Scavs if you watch how smart teams play them you can see the Kansas weakness. ATM is a very disciplined team and just shot fakes them to death and gets open jumpers. And then they just beat their butts on the boards by position and bodying. SIU could easlily take Kansas on a quiet neutral court where the Kansas kids would not get pumped... this is against K-State so they are putting in a big effort.

Texas Tech also beat Kansas exactly the same way. Smart play. Ball fakes, controlled drives, and using position instead of athleticism.
Old 02-20-2007, 08:47 AM
Randwyck

p, I disagree. I think kansas would beat SIU 9 times out of 10. I saw them play live against butler. They are very solid team(one I'll be rooting for come tourney time along with butler) but if kansas plays solid basketball, they can beat about anyone in the nation. Everyone has blips and kansas will have more then most because of their lack of big game experience(anyone else notice their are 0 seniors on the team) When your offense is being run by a freshman it takes time to get timing down. Last night he showed both sides of himself. If he's patient, they will be fine. If not someone will step up and beat them.
Old 02-20-2007, 08:56 AM
Bendaredonedat

i think huggins will put K state on the map as a contender in the big 12, with the class coming in next year (dont know them but couple mags have this being a good class) and bill walker back they can win some games...i live in UK land but close enough to Cincy and before Huggins came to Cin they were terrible, like 3-25 bad. Like his style or not he wins. Did i see that stat right last night that said K state hasnt beat KU in Manhattan in 20+ yrs???
Old 02-20-2007, 08:58 AM
Saratoga

Skip, I have these futures, which I placed back in October

Kansas $50@9/1 = $500 payout
Georgetown $30@20/1 = $630
Louisville $20@30/1 = $620

Kansas and Georgetown are locks for the tourney, and SOLID contenders in my opinion, Louisville not so much but all I have to say is Rick Pitino. I should have played SIU at like 150/1 but I was a chicken, NO LOVE FROM ME for the 13th team in the nation......

Extremely happy with Georgetown at 20/1 as they will be played, and as solid as Kansas or North Carolina in my opinion. Looking forward to the tourney
Old 02-20-2007, 10:45 AM
Randwyck

scav i like those bets. I have a small one on indiana(hometown team, have to do it) Georgetown has been playing unreal basketball as of late. I only have two worries
1. HIbbert needs to stop disappearing in big games. He must demand the ball.
2. Inconsistent guard play will kill them in the tourney. They need to take better shots and be smarter with the ball

I've already discussed kansas, I think they have a very good shot to hit the final 4 depending on where and how they are seeded. If collins can grow up quick, they have to be one of the favorites.

Louisville has looked much improved the last month. Pitino finally has them playing solid basketball. If they can make the tourney, they will do some damage because of the pressing style of defense. Caracter has really shown up the last 5-7 games.

I like your futures scavs, good luck with them. I hope at least all 3 make the tourney.
Old 02-20-2007, 08:25 PM
pgardn

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippy3481
p, I disagree. I think kansas would beat SIU 9 times out of 10. I saw them play live against butler. They are very solid team(one I'll be rooting for come tourney time along with butler) but if kansas plays solid basketball, they can beat about anyone in the nation. Everyone has blips and kansas will have more then most because of their lack of big game experience(anyone else notice their are 0 seniors on the team) When your offense is being run by a freshman it takes time to get timing down. Last night he showed both sides of himself. If he's patient, they will be fine. If not someone will step up and beat them.
The two most disciplined teams in the Big 12 have beaten them. Kansas is so athletic they look hard to beat. I keep up with the Big 12 and I think Kansas can easily go down to a patient older team that runs a time consuming offense and plays defense. I dont think Kansas is fundamentally sound. I think they play very aggressive defense but its not smart, they take too many risks and dont help well on D. I think they hit the boards very aggressively, many times at exactly the wrong time. I have already seen how frustrated they can get with teams that take the air out of the ball like ATM and TT. On the other hand they can give any talented team trouble, especially if they feel they are underdogs. Just dont see the consistency to make the final four, but of course this depends on how they are seeded and matchups.

Do think Scavs has hit the right teams at the right time. All 3 are playing very well right now.