Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > Joe Silverio Simulcast Center
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-01-2006, 02:53 PM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip away
He doesnt "crush horses" very often oracle. He tends to stick to his job for making the money he needs. Hes smart enough to know that people dont make money in the long haul gambling. He does have the occasional score but it wont be on a weekday, typically he bets more at Saratoga and on the Big days.

Glad you hit this, we thought $7 was rather generous as well
Well I had the exacta cold and thought that 31 bucks and change was even better!!! Now rolling in the pik-4's, ask Brian what he likes in the last three at Belmont.
Old 06-01-2006, 02:54 PM
Hollywood Park

Default Nice Hit

Nice Hit Oracle.
Had win and place on the winner and a small exacto box.
Also played your pick 4 ticket....

It looks like it will come down to Carlos and the 9th.

Back on track and keeping our fingers crossed.

Good Luck
Old 06-01-2006, 03:06 PM
Morris Park

At the moment he is out and I doubt I will hear from him before 5pm, so good luck with your pick 4.
Old 06-01-2006, 03:54 PM
Morris Park

Oracle, I like the 7 horse in the last at Belmont but will be rooting for your 5. Take it down!
Old 06-01-2006, 03:58 PM
oracle80

Quote:
Oracle, I like the 7 horse in the last at Belmont but will be rooting for your 5. Take it down!
Damnit, was 2nd at 44-1 in the 7th. tesher never has a horse ready off the layoff and hes just gotta buck that today. I suspected she might be live when he named Gomez. Not much in prices in the two spread races but the payout still represents a decent creation of value. If you put 72 bucks to win on the 5 here at even money(cost of the pik-4 singling her), you would get back 144 bucks. For the same 72 bucks the way we played it youd be getting back over 200 bucks. Thaats the goal of this bet, to create value on your single by having the payout represent more than you would have gotten if you took the same investment and made a win bet on the single.
I think he rolls.
Old 06-01-2006, 04:11 PM
Morris Park

I went with #7 .
Old 06-01-2006, 04:14 PM
oracle80

Quote:
I went with #7 .
nice call but Prado oughta be gelded for that ride he gave the 5
Old 06-01-2006, 04:16 PM
Morris Park

Thanks, I thought your 5 looked okay but not worth the 4/5, where did those odds come from? Must be a lot of angry people but its horse racing. 7 crushes em
Old 06-01-2006, 04:18 PM
oracle80

Quote:
Thanks, I thought your 5 looked okay but not worth the 4/5, where did those odds come from? Must be a lot of angry people but its horse racing. 7 crushes em
Well considering he rode him like he was Secretariat instead of a maiden claimer I guess he looked at the tote board himself.
I never woulda bet him to win at 3-5. I dont make those kind of plays. Singling a horse in a pik wager is different.
Old 06-01-2006, 04:18 PM
Hollywood Park

Default Skip Away Saver

Thanks Skip Away for the saver on the 7.. Boxed him with Oracle' 5 which saved me in the Pick 4.....

Net net up for the day. Thanks for the ride gentleman. Could have been a really good day if we caught the opener and nightcap.

Good night

PSH
Old 06-01-2006, 04:20 PM
Morris Park

Oracle- That pick 4 was sweet, too bad you didnt use the 7 and spread less in the others. That wasnt the kind of race to single a horse in. Would have been an awfully nice score for you, better luck in LA.
Old 06-01-2006, 04:23 PM
oracle80

Quote:
Oracle- That pick 4 was sweet, too bad you didnt use the 7 and spread less in the others. That wasnt the kind of race to single a horse in. Would have been an awfully nice score for you, better luck in LA.
I disagree with the spread summation. To add one more horse in the last race would have doubled the ticket. Its easy to say now but those two races in between were murder. And to be honest, to cut the ticket in those races would have meant going 3X3 instead of 6x6, no way Im gonna use Tesher's horse off the layoff first time back in a sprint only going 3 deep, no way no how.
Old 06-01-2006, 04:26 PM
Morris Park

I played mister zee on oaks day and wasnt impressed. he put in a huge late run but to me didnt look like a horse that should be 4/5 today off that race and a so so effort on the dirt. I hate closers, they are always at the mercy of the jockey and the pace. No thanks, not at 4/5. Those are the types that you let beat you.
Old 06-01-2006, 07:58 PM
Les Bois

Quote:
Originally Posted by oracle80
nice call but Prado oughta be gelded for that ride he gave the 5
Keep blaming the jockeys. By August you will have gone through them all.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:28 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
He tends to stick to his job for making the money he needs. Hes smart enough to know that people dont make money in the long haul gambling.
Tell that to Jim Bentner who made millions betting Hong Kong races.

Check out the posters MathBoy, bigplayer, and DD' on bj21.com. These guys are full-time pros who average over 100K/year from gambling. (not from racing, however)

To generalize that "people don't make money in the long haul gambling" is an error.

--Dunbar