Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-09-2014, 05:58 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudeboyelvis View Post
Sharp decline is a bit harsh IMO. He had an abysmal 2013 season, hampered by an ongoing hip injury that he played through. According to all accounts in camp, he was 100% going into this season and looked to have regained his 2012 form plus put on a little size.

I wouldn't write his skills off just yet, but can see no scenario where he would be viable on any team.

Christ, if Ricky Incognito is still enemy #1 for picking on a 6'5 320 lb football player, does anyone really think he has a prayer?
I agree with this and thats why someone will take a shot on him this year. Almost every team in the NFL could use him. 3rd down back? He catches the ball well. He does a lot well. I do agree with Point though. He has to take control of his life and speak up about domestic abuse, the same way Vick did about dog fighting.
Old 09-10-2014, 12:02 AM
Havre de Grace

football players are violent people. most were the biggest baddest person in their high school, and no one you would mess with in college. surprised you don't see more of this.

Ray, you don't hit girls. Men don't do things like that.
Old 09-10-2014, 04:11 PM
Dee Tee Stables

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...09-10-16-58-36

AP Newsbreak: Source says Rice video sent to NFL

By ROB MAADDI
AP Pro Football Writer

ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. (AP) -- A law enforcement official says he sent a video of Ray Rice punching his then-fiancee to an NFL executive five months ago, while league executives have insisted they didn't see the violent images until this week.

The person played The Associated Press a 12-second voicemail from an NFL office number on April 9 confirming the video arrived. A female voice expresses thanks and says: "You're right. It's terrible."
Old 09-10-2014, 06:02 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

‏@NorahODonnell
NFL exec says AP report doesn't change what Goodell said but "if there's a delivery sitting under someone's desk there will be consequences"

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Old 09-10-2014, 06:53 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid View Post
‏@NorahODonnell
NFL exec says AP report doesn't change what Goodell said but "if there's a delivery sitting under someone's desk there will be consequences"

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
So....who will be the sacrificial lamb who says oops, you mean this video???
Old 09-10-2014, 07:19 PM
Dee Tee Stables

http://www.slate.com/articles/sports...of_an_nfl.html
Old 09-11-2014, 03:41 PM
Dee Tee Stables

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11...ce-meet-lawyer

see, ray rice should have just kept appealing instead of fessing up to anything.
deny, deny, deny
Old 09-11-2014, 09:41 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig View Post

see, ray rice should have just kept appealing instead of fessing up to anything.
deny, deny, deny
Or he should have claimed he thought she was a burglar

http://www.theweek.co.uk/world-news/...s-her-decision
Old 09-11-2014, 09:55 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudeboyelvis View Post
Or he should have claimed he thought she was a burglar

http://www.theweek.co.uk/world-news/...s-her-decision
Old 09-12-2014, 09:11 AM
Dee Tee Stables

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...09-12-03-52-05

Sep 12, 3:52 AM EDT

Motivated to win for Rice, Ravens top Steelers

Debby Nash was wearing a No. 55 Terrell Suggs jersey while standing outside the players' parking lot before the game. In her view, the Ravens and the NFL were too harsh on Rice.

"It was political, everyone protecting themselves," she said. "If I had a Ray Rice jersey, I'd have worn it tonight."

lol
it's ok, suggs jersey is close enough!

"He's still a great guy," wide receiver Torrey Smith said. "Take away those two minutes of his life and he's a model citizen. He's a great person."

true.
same for john wilkes booth for that matter.....

i have to admit, after laughing at the irony of calling a defender for hitting a 'defenseless receiver', i put on the byu/houston game.
Old 09-12-2014, 01:23 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

I have to wonder if folks are just stupid or really need attention!? I recall one of my favorite groups...Heart (love the Wilson sisters) doing a benefit concert for Charlie Manson and my WTF reaction! There are countless other incidents when folks just seem to lose their minds defending evil. By the way the "I thought she was a burglar" defense ended up not having leg to stand on...too soon??
Old 09-12-2014, 05:37 PM
Dee Tee Stables

NFL have rules for child abuse? Adria pin Peterson indicted in Texas for whipping his kid with a switch.

Edit....he has been deactivated for Sundays game

Last edited by Danzig : 09-12-2014 at 06:14 PM.
Old 09-12-2014, 07:33 PM
Havre de Grace

Default Hardy getting a pass ?

Saw a very disturbing piece on tv about what Hardy did and cannot believw the team and the NFL is doing nothing about it; even calls to 911 by neighbors played on air,then Hardy himself calling 911 ckaiming she was beating him up

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...192832611.html

this discussion.
But as of now, Hardy is not only a paid member of the Panthers and is expected to suit up this weekend against the Detroit Lions, but the Panthers reportedly have no plans of cutting him anytime soon, or at least until his legal case plays out, per CBS Sports.

The NFL's domestic violence issue isn't leaving prime time soon

How will NBC handle it?

By: CHRIS STRAUSS 13 hours ago

James Brown did his best to save his network’s big night.

As For The Win‘s Chris Chase pointed out Thursday evening, the veteran host was in the untenable position of balancing the excitement of the inaugural Thursday Night Football broadcast on CBS with the gravity of the ongoing fallout from the Ray Rice situation.

The network decided Thursday afternoon to cancel an opening performance by Rihanna, a prior victim of domestic abuse herself, in favor of a more serious pregame tone. They didn’t have that ability when it came to the host team. So CBS handled the issue as best they could, reporting on the ongoing league aspect of the situation and then giving Brown the forum to deliver his brilliantly crafted statement.

While Rice’s specter remained all over MT&T Bank Stadium, his absence was at least an indication that a proper punishment was finally being doled out, no matter how booby-trapped (intentionally or not) the NFL’s path to that resolution proved to be. For as resonant as Brown’s message proved to be, any statement he, league officials, fellow players or any other broadcasters made on the subject would certainly have been undermined by having Rice on the sideline.

Unless something changes in the next nine days, NBC’s announcers and producers are going to have that exact predicament during next two Sunday night games. Sam Francisco 49ers defensive end Ray McDonald suits up this week as his team hosts Chicago, but the real test will come in Week 3 when Pro Bowl defensive end Greg Hardy’s Carolina Panthers host the Pittsburgh Steelers.

There is no incriminating video of a May incident between Hardy and his ex-girlfriend, which is probably why the Panthers star is still playing despite being found guilty by a North Carolina district judge of assault. Unlike McDonald, who was arrested but has yet to be charged for a recent incident with his pregnant fiancee, Hardy was convicted and sentenced for his crime. He’s currently awaiting a jury trial after appealing the decision, but it’s hard to argue that he’s entitled to any further due process from the league after the initial verdict.

Unless the league decides to suspend Hardy between Week 2 and Week 3, he’ll be in front of a national audience as the Panthers host the Steelers at Bank of America Stadium. The last time he had such a primetime platform he was memorably bombastic.

During a Week 14 game last December against New Orleans, the Pro Bowl defensive end wore sunglasses during the traditional player introductions, introducing himself by his nickname “Kraken” and insisting that he went to “Hogwarts,” the school from the Harry Potter books. It was funny at the time, something you’d expect from a guy who predicted prior to the season that he’d amass 50 sacks in the coming year.

That kind of stunt would generate grimaces now.

With Rice now in seclusion, Hardy now becomes the most visible domestic abuser in the NFL. Unlike Rice, Hardy hasn’t admitted any wrongdoing in his own incident, only apologizing this past July for being a distraction to his teammates.

If the league or the Panthers aren’t going to move swiftly to punish Hardy under the new domestic violence policy that Goodell announced several weeks ago, there needs to be more outside pressure on them to do so.

Here’s an idea for Bob Costas if Hardy is still on the field in Week 3. During the usual halftime segment where he often devotes a few minutes to speak about an issue affecting the NFL, Costas should just read the domestic violence protective order filed by Hardy’s ex-girlfriend after the incident aloud.

“Greg Hardy attacked me in his apartment. Hardy picked me up and threw me into the tile tub area in his bathroom. I have bruises from head to toe, including my head, neck, back, shoulders, arms, legs, elbow and feet. Hardy pulled me from the tub by my hair, screaming at me that he was going to kill me, break my arms and other threats that I completely believe. He drug me across the bathroom and out into the bedroom. Hardy choked me with both hands around my throat while I was lying on the floor. Hardy picked me up over his head and threw me onto a couch covered in assault rifles and/or shotguns. I landed on those weapons. Hardy bragged that all of those assault rifles were loaded. Landing on those weapons bruised my neck and back. Hardy screamed for his administrative assistant (Sammy Curtis) to come into the room and hold me down. Hardy and Curtis then took me into the living room area. I wasn’t nearly strong or fast enough to escape. I begged them to let me go and I wouldn’t tell anyone what he did. They took me out into the hall, pushed me down and went back inside his apartment. I crawled to the elevator and ran into CMPD.”

Hardy's scheduled jury trial is set for Nov. 17. In July, Hardy was found guilty by a judge of assaulting and threatening ex-girlfriend Nicole Holder — a decision that Hardy appealed, which is his right as a criminal defendant in the state of North Carolina.

The law in that state says that in cases where the defendant is convicted of a misdemeanor, the jury trial will occur as if previous trial hadn't taken place. Hardy's lawyer seems to think that the court's backlog will prevent the case from even going to trial until 2015.

So for now, Hardy, who practiced with the team on Friday, remains a Panther in good standing, and the team is allowing the legal case to be completed before they consider parting ways with him."

Sooooo. they can use him to play 2014 then not resign him for 2015 , @ $13 mil. so they get thEir moneys worth, and hide.

Blaise Pascal

Last edited by Benny : 09-12-2014 at 08:03 PM.
Old 09-12-2014, 08:12 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny View Post
Saw a very disturbing piece on tv about what Hardy did and cannot believw the team and the NFL is doing nothing about it; even calls to 911 by neighbors played on air,then Hardy himself calling 911 ckaiming she was beating him up

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...192832611.html

this discussion.
But as of now, Hardy is not only a paid member of the Panthers and is expected to suit up this weekend against the Detroit Lions, but the Panthers reportedly have no plans of cutting him anytime soon, or at least until his legal case plays out, per CBS Sports.

The NFL's domestic violence issue isn't leaving prime time soon

How will NBC handle it?

By: CHRIS STRAUSS 13 hours ago

James Brown did his best to save his network’s big night.

As For The Win‘s Chris Chase pointed out Thursday evening, the veteran host was in the untenable position of balancing the excitement of the inaugural Thursday Night Football broadcast on CBS with the gravity of the ongoing fallout from the Ray Rice situation.

The network decided Thursday afternoon to cancel an opening performance by Rihanna, a prior victim of domestic abuse herself, in favor of a more serious pregame tone. They didn’t have that ability when it came to the host team. So CBS handled the issue as best they could, reporting on the ongoing league aspect of the situation and then giving Brown the forum to deliver his brilliantly crafted statement.

While Rice’s specter remained all over MT&T Bank Stadium, his absence was at least an indication that a proper punishment was finally being doled out, no matter how booby-trapped (intentionally or not) the NFL’s path to that resolution proved to be. For as resonant as Brown’s message proved to be, any statement he, league officials, fellow players or any other broadcasters made on the subject would certainly have been undermined by having Rice on the sideline.

Unless something changes in the next nine days, NBC’s announcers and producers are going to have that exact predicament during next two Sunday night games. Sam Francisco 49ers defensive end Ray McDonald suits up this week as his team hosts Chicago, but the real test will come in Week 3 when Pro Bowl defensive end Greg Hardy’s Carolina Panthers host the Pittsburgh Steelers.

There is no incriminating video of a May incident between Hardy and his ex-girlfriend, which is probably why the Panthers star is still playing despite being found guilty by a North Carolina district judge of assault. Unlike McDonald, who was arrested but has yet to be charged for a recent incident with his pregnant fiancee, Hardy was convicted and sentenced for his crime. He’s currently awaiting a jury trial after appealing the decision, but it’s hard to argue that he’s entitled to any further due process from the league after the initial verdict.

Unless the league decides to suspend Hardy between Week 2 and Week 3, he’ll be in front of a national audience as the Panthers host the Steelers at Bank of America Stadium. The last time he had such a primetime platform he was memorably bombastic.

During a Week 14 game last December against New Orleans, the Pro Bowl defensive end wore sunglasses during the traditional player introductions, introducing himself by his nickname “Kraken” and insisting that he went to “Hogwarts,” the school from the Harry Potter books. It was funny at the time, something you’d expect from a guy who predicted prior to the season that he’d amass 50 sacks in the coming year.

That kind of stunt would generate grimaces now.

With Rice now in seclusion, Hardy now becomes the most visible domestic abuser in the NFL. Unlike Rice, Hardy hasn’t admitted any wrongdoing in his own incident, only apologizing this past July for being a distraction to his teammates.

If the league or the Panthers aren’t going to move swiftly to punish Hardy under the new domestic violence policy that Goodell announced several weeks ago, there needs to be more outside pressure on them to do so.

Here’s an idea for Bob Costas if Hardy is still on the field in Week 3. During the usual halftime segment where he often devotes a few minutes to speak about an issue affecting the NFL, Costas should just read the domestic violence protective order filed by Hardy’s ex-girlfriend after the incident aloud.

“Greg Hardy attacked me in his apartment. Hardy picked me up and threw me into the tile tub area in his bathroom. I have bruises from head to toe, including my head, neck, back, shoulders, arms, legs, elbow and feet. Hardy pulled me from the tub by my hair, screaming at me that he was going to kill me, break my arms and other threats that I completely believe. He drug me across the bathroom and out into the bedroom. Hardy choked me with both hands around my throat while I was lying on the floor. Hardy picked me up over his head and threw me onto a couch covered in assault rifles and/or shotguns. I landed on those weapons. Hardy bragged that all of those assault rifles were loaded. Landing on those weapons bruised my neck and back. Hardy screamed for his administrative assistant (Sammy Curtis) to come into the room and hold me down. Hardy and Curtis then took me into the living room area. I wasn’t nearly strong or fast enough to escape. I begged them to let me go and I wouldn’t tell anyone what he did. They took me out into the hall, pushed me down and went back inside his apartment. I crawled to the elevator and ran into CMPD.”

Hardy's scheduled jury trial is set for Nov. 17. In July, Hardy was found guilty by a judge of assaulting and threatening ex-girlfriend Nicole Holder — a decision that Hardy appealed, which is his right as a criminal defendant in the state of North Carolina.

The law in that state says that in cases where the defendant is convicted of a misdemeanor, the jury trial will occur as if previous trial hadn't taken place. Hardy's lawyer seems to think that the court's backlog will prevent the case from even going to trial until 2015.

So for now, Hardy, who practiced with the team on Friday, remains a Panther in good standing, and the team is allowing the legal case to be completed before they consider parting ways with him."

Sooooo. they can use him to play 2014 then not resign him for 2015 , @ $13 mil. so they get thEir moneys worth, and hide.
Yeah, I linked to a story about hardy above....he appealed, so they say it isn't settled..
Either have a policy or don't. But how can you apply to some and not others?
Old 09-13-2014, 12:37 AM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Yeah, I linked to a story about hardy above....he appealed, so they say it isn't settled..
Either have a policy or don't. But how can you apply to some and not others?
Exactly. The team is afraid of being sued and unwilling to suspend him,while the owner cries. Time for the NFL to enforce its own rules as you stated. If you had heard the 911 call from his neighbor,who said , some girl is getting her ass kecked, screaming please send police before its too late. Maybe if that is played enough on national tv, it will motivate the team and nfl, who only acted in the Rice case when the elevator video was played ad nauseum.Goodel is toast, as he has shown no leadership and the cases keep popping up.while the players are allowed t play. You would think that NOW or another org would do something too.Sheesh

READ THIS & SIGNUP

http://action.now.org/p/dia/action3/...nGoodellaction

Blaise Pascal

Last edited by Benny : 09-13-2014 at 12:59 AM. Reason: NOW
Old 09-13-2014, 06:46 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny View Post
Exactly. The team is afraid of being sued and unwilling to suspend him,while the owner cries. Time for the NFL to enforce its own rules as you stated. If you had heard the 911 call from his neighbor,who said , some girl is getting her ass kecked, screaming please send police before its too late. Maybe if that is played enough on national tv, it will motivate the team and nfl, who only acted in the Rice case when the elevator video was played ad nauseum.Goodel is toast, as he has shown no leadership and the cases keep popping up.while the players are allowed t play. You would think that NOW or another org would do something too.Sheesh

READ THIS & SIGNUP

http://action.now.org/p/dia/action3/...nGoodellaction

now demanded his resignation the other day.

of course, after reading some of the comments from fans after the baltimore game, i figure the nfl is hoping everyone takes the attitude of 'poor ray' for all these guys.
Old 09-13-2014, 06:56 AM
Arlington Park

The NFL is on a roll.

A revised drug policy made retroactive. Under the new policy Josh Gordon wouldn't have tested positive. Therefore he should be able to play immediately since there was no infraction under the new guidelines.

Instead they reduce the suspension to 10 games.

Goodell desperately trying to stay in power. Typical Napoleon.
Old 09-13-2014, 07:22 AM
Dee Tee Stables

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/...ddata=module-b

TRENTON, N.J. -- The pretrial intervention program offered to Ray Rice in the assault case involving his wife was granted in less than 1 percent of all domestic violence assault cases from 2010-13 that were resolved, according to New Jersey Judiciary data obtained Friday by "Outside the Lines.

According to New Jersey's pretrial intervention website, PTI is used in criminal cases that don't involve "violence" and for "victimless crimes."
Old 09-14-2014, 10:45 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Hardy of the panthers now inactive...but he, and Peterson, still get paid. I have one question.

Why is hardy not under suspension by the NFL?
Old 09-14-2014, 10:55 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

Unhappy

Quote:
Hardy of the panthers now inactive...but he, and Peterson, still get paid. I have one question.

Why is hardy not under suspension by the NFL?
There is no good answer to your question, at least Carolina finally bowed to public pressure! Vikings acted correctly in deactivating Peterson, the details of his abuse certainly justify a long suspension...time will tell.