Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-04-2013, 11:21 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by -BT- View Post
people with glass jaws shouldn't throw stones......at the biggest man in the NHL

* was the slash on seguin at the end of the game, and the 1+ plus of lip service he gave the ref setting the tone for game 2? The whole team is filled with babies, from mario on down, never seen a team cry wolf so many times in my life. And if Crosby, mr. all world needs to get under Raask's skin in game 1 of this series that should shed some light on how he values his teams chances
-bt-
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3kings View Post
Stop it. He's a whiner and the only time he came close to Chara is after the ref/linesman was between them. If the Bruins are smart they will keep going after Crosby and Malkin. The more they whine the more undisiplined they become and the worse they play. An inferior Flyer team with a sieve for a goalie beat them last year using those tactics.
I totally agree that the entire team is a bunch of whining C***s (Coaches word). Everyone knows Chara would kill him, but at this point it's probably a bigger win for the Pens to get Chara off the ice then vice-versa. Who would believe it, but the Pens can hold their own with Sid in the box.

I think all players try to rattle the goalie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig View Post
doc emrick is the top play by play announcer? yikes.

i don't like him at all, and wish he and milbury would both go the way of the dodo.
I could live without Milbury, Doc is alright, but I feel like he's over-rated a bit. I'm not a gigantic fan of him cause I still relate him to the Devils for being their broadcaster all those years, so I'm skewed.

Who do you like Dani?

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfer View Post
Well, I guess it's a Caps fan thing then, because I have watched/listened to him work for well over 20 years (skipping his Flyer days), and no one else comes close to his preparation, knowledge, and true love and respect for the game and it's players. Every network save ESPN has called on him to be their #1 Play by Play guy, so it's not just me. He and John Davidson were the best duo EVER, any sport, IMO.
I loved JD. Obviously biased, but JD & Sam Rosen were tremendous together. I grew up listening to those guys. Sam's better days are way behind him now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfer View Post
I agree completely about Pierre, who's not only annoying, but creepy as hell, and I also LOVED the laser beam puck. Perhaps because I'm still living in the 80's/early 90's hockey wise myself, his waxing poetic about the great history of the game doesn't bother me a bit.

Who pray-tell would you rather broadcast the games?

Gary Thorne? The absolute, hands down worst play by play man EVER? The NHL leaving Espn was the best thing that could have happened to the league for that reason alone.
Quote:
should be required listening to when it comes to playoff hockey...it's like listening to dave johnson scream "AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME" for horse players, LEGENDARY!!! (i kid, sort of).

it's a new day and age, and NBC sports needs a new voice to carry them into what hockey is becoming (like it or not). I think Jim Hughson out on Vancouver does a great job, and a few others around the league I like.
anyone but the biggest homer announcers ever.... which is awarded to Staggy and Errey, close 2nd going to Jack Edwards in Boston whom i loathe

-bt-
Hate Pierre, he's a douche. I actually liked Gary Thorne, despite his Dave Johnson "Down The Stretch they come" during a 5k claimer at the Meadowlands on a Wednesday night intensity/excitment.

Hughson is the best. Actually all the guys who do the HNIC broadcasts are good. They're just on another level. I think it's just a Canadien thing.

Jack Edwards is so bad that it's laughable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by docicu3 View Post
4 goals in a period just shows you how little the emphasis is on D for the Pens. Every interview is about more offense when they need to stop Boston from scoring if they have any chance......
Defense has been bad, but they can't seem to get the big save when needed.
Didn't see the game last night, but from what I saw of the highlights, Fluery didn't do himself any favors if he's trying to regain the starters job. I'm going back to Vokoun if I'm Disco Dan. Fleury's just a lost cause out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig View Post
math, i saw lighthouse hockey was trying to have some fun with rangers fans...

milbury as coach!? im no rangers fan, but i would have felt horrible for nyr fans if it was true
Wouldn't be happy at all, but it ain't happening anyway. I have a better chance of getting that job.
Old 06-04-2013, 11:28 AM
Dee Tee Stables

yeah, i figure some ranger fans might have had a moment or two of panic before realizing that it was a hoax regarding milbury.

i try to watch the caps with their local announcers, altho craig laughlin is horrid. beninati seems to do a good job tho, and makes up for locker and his voice. the caps radio guy is good imo.
Old 06-04-2013, 12:15 PM
"The Kentucky Killing Machine"

think the pens get the broom..
Old 06-04-2013, 01:58 PM
Dee Tee Stables

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...145808057.html

hilarious

https://twitter.com/BostonsEnforcer/...770496/photo/1
Old 06-04-2013, 02:17 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardus View Post
Emrick is easily one of the best play-by-play announcers in any sport, and for many of the reasons that Golfer mentioned: his preparation, knowledge, and excellent diction.

Emrick doesn't promote himself, rant, or try to take over the games that he announces.

He might seem old-fashioned to some, but in this media era of "over-hype" he is a welcomed voice on national broadcasts.

The "ass clown" remark is itself an ass clown line.
that’s the beauty of this country, everyone is entitled to their opinion.
as a side note, i don't wear the same clothes i did in the late 80's as i do today

-bt-
Old 06-04-2013, 03:05 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoovesupsideyourhead View Post
think the pens get the broom..
That changed quick....
Old 06-04-2013, 03:54 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
come on tom.... come on, tom........you know you wanna!!!
i was watching the game last night with a friend and i was like "poor bastards (referring to the fans)" she replied "why?" and i said, "i can only imagine how many ovetime hours they had to put in at the Mill to afford those tickets!!!"
then i slammed my beer down and yelled "see you f*ckers at the mill tomorrow boys!!!!!" and gave the tv the finger!!!!

-bt-
This is priceless!
Old 06-04-2013, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by docicu3 View Post
That changed quick....
no goalie no defence no wins..
Old 06-05-2013, 09:21 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardus View Post
Emrick is easily one of the best play-by-play announcers in any sport, and for many of the reasons that Golfer mentioned: his preparation, knowledge, and excellent diction.

Emrick doesn't promote himself, rant, or try to take over the games that he announces.

He might seem old-fashioned to some, but in this media era of "over-hype" he is a welcomed voice on national broadcasts.

The "ass clown" remark is itself an ass clown line.
I knew about the double penalty about 2 minutes before Emrick tonight, yea he's a well prepared ass clown.
Old 06-05-2013, 11:27 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoovesupsideyourhead View Post
no goalie no defence no wins..
Pens decided to show up tonight and played very well but Da Goalie was yet again the difference....

There probably is a stat somewhere that says if you have 53 saves in a hockey game you probably win most nights. Tim Who?
Old 06-06-2013, 05:45 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by herkhorse View Post
I knew about the double penalty about 2 minutes before Emrick tonight, yea he's a well prepared ass clown.
Tom, I didn't see the situation you referenced, as the hockey season ended 2 weeks ago (for me). Is it possible that Emrick missed something? Sure, but I will bet that he admitted his mistake and probably apologized for it. Most broadcasters would simply make **** up and pretend it didn't happen. Have you noticed how often broadcasters of all sports will tell you what just happened, then a replay will come up that completely shatters the illusion they have just created, but will stick to their interpretations anyway?

There are a handful of honest, sincere guys out there who's main goal is NOT self promotion. Emrick is one of them.

Want an example of the opposite? Have you ever heard John Sterling broadcast a game?
Old 06-06-2013, 06:23 AM
Flemington

Excellent game to watch last night. Large spans of play with no whistles, plenty of shots, great saves and hits. Entertained enough to stay up till the end. Just got the feeling that they could play till Sunday and the Pens weren't getting another one by Rask, the guy was locked in.

I took a little extra notice last night and thought Emrick was locked in too. Him and Eddie O did a great job.
Old 06-06-2013, 06:24 AM
Flemington

Seth, I was mostly bustin stones. He's well prepared, and very professional. So is Joe Buck, I just find them both a little annoying.

The Bruins look like a different team since that amazing comeback.
Old 06-06-2013, 06:32 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716 View Post
Excellent game to watch last night. Large spans of play with no whistles, plenty of shots, great saves and hits. Entertained enough to stay up till the end. Just got the feeling that they could play till Sunday and the Pens weren't getting another one by Rask, the guy was locked in.

I took a little extra notice last night and thought Emrick was locked in too. Him and Eddie O did a great job.
i agree about the game, awesome...but i didn't make it to the end, throwing in the towel after the first OT. have it on now, an encore presentation, waiting for the gwg.

as for the announcing, at some point my son asked me something about what emrick had said.
i told him, i didn't hear it-i pretty much tune out announcers these days, i don't need their help to know what's up.
Old 06-06-2013, 09:14 AM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716 View Post

That game was as exiting as it gets. WOW. Playoff hockey at its finest.

on a side note...
Mike Milbury is a stooge. he was chicken sh1t as a player, terrible coach and GM. Brutal hairpiece, and brutal on the ears.

After we got those bums who messed with our big race for skinny people, the cup will be Boston's reward.
Old 06-06-2013, 10:17 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabama Stakes View Post
That game was as exiting as it gets. WOW. Playoff hockey at its finest.

on a side note...
Mike Milbury is a stooge. he was chicken sh1t as a player, terrible coach and GM. Brutal hairpiece, and brutal on the ears.

After we got those bums who messed with our big race for skinny people, the cup will be Boston's reward.
Good luck with that..LA or Chicago in 6
Old 06-06-2013, 10:24 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBBob View Post
whooooooooooooooooooa there bob, you might want to pull them reins back

boston is playing the best hockey i've seen out of any team in the playoffs. As much as i want ANYONE from the west to beat this team it's going to be a tall order. Claude has got them boys dialed in, and don't let 'm get a lead on you, they'll milk the sh!t out of Chicago or LA in the neutral zone.

-bt-
Old 06-06-2013, 10:32 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
whooooooooooooooooooa there bob, you might want to pull them reins back

boston is playing the best hockey i've seen out of any team in the playoffs. As much as i want ANYONE from the west to beat this team it's going to be a tall order. Claude has got them boys dialed in, and don't let 'm get a lead on you, they'll milk the sh!t out of Chicago or LA in the neutral zone.

-bt-
I just think it's all relative..sure Boston's playing well, but this is the West where top to bottom the competition is so much tougher. The 7's and 8's weren't Toronto and Ottawa. LA or Chicago ain't giving up 6 goals in a game, which reflects a bit on how much competition Pitt really is.
Old 06-06-2013, 10:46 AM
Flemington

I really believe that either Boston vs LA or Chicago could be an epic series. Boston feels like the destiny team this year. They were left for dead late against Toronto and ended up making a miraculous comeback. Brian's right, they are absolutely dial in right now. They are a solid/complete team, with many guy who can score, the Campbell injury will hurt, but they are very deep and with the way Rask is playing they will tough against anyone from the west.
Old 06-06-2013, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBBob View Post
have to agree Chicago has the tools ..and wont be out hit. boston is good but they haven't played a team with all the pieces yet..the last game in la was a gimme..the team looked sluggish..imo