Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-03-2011, 04:23 PM
Narragansett Park

Default Wimmin's NCAA tournament...wanna make some money?

There are only four teams that can win this tournament....UConn, Stanford, Baylor, and Tennessee.

My guess of the future book odds once the draw is made
UConn 8/5, Baylor 5/2, Stanford 3/1, Tennessee 7/2

What I think the future book odds should be
Stanford 6/5, Tennessee 5/2, Baylor 4/1, UConn 4/1

As much as P***y Pants might degrade me, I do know something about this sport. I DO know that UConn will be a heavy false favorite. I have seen 28 out of 30 of their games. I have seen the other three play at least 6 times

I would be very appreciative if any of you know of a site to sign up with and actually bet the futures which come out after the draw. BoDog? I am a UConn fan but am very confident that Stanford will walk through this tourney at a decent price.
Old 03-03-2011, 04:37 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slewbopper View Post
There are only four teams that can win this tournament....UConn, Stanford, Baylor, and Tennessee.

My guess of the future book odds once the draw is made
UConn 8/5, Baylor 5/2, Stanford 3/1, Tennessee 7/2

What I think the future book odds should be
Stanford 6/5, Tennessee 5/2, Baylor 4/1, UConn 4/1

As much as P***y Pants might degrade me, I do know something about this sport. I DO know that UConn will be a heavy false favorite. I have seen 28 out of 30 of their games. I have seen the other three play at least 6 times

I would be very appreciative if any of you know of a site to sign up with and actually bet the futures which come out after the draw. BoDog? I am a UConn fan but am very confident that Stanford will walk through this tourney at a decent price.
Thanks Slew. I am going to try to make this bet.
Old 03-03-2011, 04:52 PM
Narragansett Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalakhani View Post
Thanks Slew. I am going to try to make this bet.
Let me know if you can find a site to fund. Thanks
Old 03-04-2011, 09:07 AM
Coach Pants

Did you rape any of the women on the respected teams with your eyes yet, weirdo?
Old 03-04-2011, 11:00 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Let me know if you can find a site to fund. Thanks
"The Greek' should have a line for it.
Old 03-04-2011, 10:51 PM
Narragansett Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Pants View Post
Did you rape any of the women on the respected teams with your eyes yet, weirdo?
Only the black ones
Old 03-10-2011, 01:21 AM
Narragansett Park

Don't know this site but these futures are outrageous.

http://www.looselines.com/freeliveod...-futures-20423

UConn...........-245
Baylor...........+230
Stanford........+820
Tennessee.....+1050

Field..............+1500

Some fool must have loaded up on UConn. I don't see how these prices will last

UConn
Strengths...Geno Auriemma is the best coach on any level of basketball. Maya Moore is the best female to play the game since Reggie Miller's big sister Cheryl. We are talking 25 years. They don't foul. They out rebound every team they play despite being small. They play better offense than any team in wcb.

Weaknesses....They have a six man rotation.....two seniors, one junior, one soph, and two frosh. The sixth woman is a 5'2 senior midget that does not score. Two months ago, a super frosh from Dayton, 6'1 Samaria Walker transferred to Kentucky because she missed her girlfriend. This really killed UConn's depth. She was a nasty powerful bull dyke that could keep the likes of Baylor's 6'8 Brittney Griner out of the paint and make her shoot 10 foot jump shots. If 6'5 frosh Stephanie Dolson gets in foul trouble, it is lights out because UConn will have no one player over 6' on the floor.

Baylor
Strengths...Great coach in Kim Mulkey. She has won two championships as an AA point guard at La Tech in the early 80s, one as an assistant coach at La Tech, and one as a head coach at Baylor. Kim has an extremely talented young team led by sophomore Griner and freshman PG Odyssey Sims who lit up Oklahoma for 37 with 9 treys last week

Weaknesses...they may have lost their do everything senior team leader 6' Melissa Jones to a fluke accident. She can only see out of one eye. She will probably play in the tourney but will not be herself. Sims is a freshman and very erratic. Griner is never in position for boards. She averages 8 a game and should get 13. She allows other post players to keep her out of the paint. She should be Wilt at Kansas in '57 but she isn't. She has not progressed in her sophomore year. Good coaching and a physical presence that makes her shoot 10 foot jumpers neutralizes her

Stanford
Strengths...Coach is second to only Geno in the wimmin's game. .Big strong veteran team that had the best UConn team ever on the ropes in the championship game last year. Have two first team all-Americans in 6'4 all purpose senior Kaila Pederson and 6'2 junior Nneka Oguamike. 6' point guard Jeanette Poulan who lit up UCon for 31 is very good. Nneka's baby sister freshman 6'3 Chiney might be better than her. Pederson will hold the Pac 10 rebound record before the season is over and she shoots threes

Weaknesses.....Other than Poulan, their guard play is weak.

Tennessee
Strengths...on paper they have 9 high school all-Americans and should never lose. They are playing their best ball of the season. If they are on as they were in the SEC tourney final hitting 16 of 18 treys, nobody beats them.

Weaknesses....Pat Summitt is a dinosaur but she has won over 1000 games and 8 titles. She still thinks that you win championships by rebounding and playing defense. She should have rethought that in '03 when her team out rebounded UConn by 20 but still lost by 9. She is a weak ofensive coach. There are three Tennessee players trying to run the point, but none are very effective.

Last edited by Slewbopper : 03-10-2011 at 01:52 AM.
Old 03-15-2011, 05:51 AM
Narragansett Park

Another site

Sports Interaction....They are in Montreal. Anyone know anything about them?

The tourney is set for the semis to be UConn/Tenn and Stanford/Baylor. I feel pretty confident that Stanford and Tennessee will play for the title

http://www.sportsinteraction.com/bas...betting-lines/

UConn -265
Baylor +200
Stanford +800
Tennessee +1200
Field +1200
Old 03-17-2011, 05:24 PM
Narragansett Park

Just got down in Reno.

Got 6/1 on Stanford and 10/1 on Tennessee. 250 on Stanford. 150 on Tennessee. 1350 or 1250 profit on 400 if either wins. We will see. I don't see my Hussies in the title game, but it will be hell if my heart and pocketbook are conflicting.

Last edited by Slewbopper : 03-17-2011 at 05:36 PM.
Old 04-04-2011, 03:04 PM
Narragansett Park

Quote:
Just got down in Reno.

Got 6/1 on Stanford and 10/1 on Tennessee. 250 on Stanford. 150 on Tennessee. 1350 or 1250 profit on 400 if either wins. We will see. I don't see my Hussies in the title game, but it will be hell if my heart and pocketbook are conflicting.
What a revolting development. StanFraud allows A & M to press them for 40 minutes and never figures it out. They lose by a point on a coast to coast dribble with 7 seconds left by the A & M PG who feeds for a layup My Hussies were handled pretty easily by Notre Dame (who beat Tennessee). I DID see that one coming since it was the fourth meeting of the year and was in Indy.

How did I screw up? Didn't put $50 on the field at 12/1
Old 04-04-2011, 03:09 PM
Coach Pants

That's rough. Been there plenty of times. It's why I'm on a siesta outside of a $20 spot wager here and there.
Old 04-05-2011, 08:32 AM
Santa Anita

Old 04-05-2011, 06:24 PM
Narragansett Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDog View Post
I like it but I think that "girl" has a pecker on her hot pants
Old 04-05-2011, 06:59 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
I like it but I think that "girl" has a pecker on her hot pants
Can't be!
Old 04-05-2011, 07:33 PM
Narragansett Park

On a serious note. Maya Moore was getting all the accolades this year. She had a chance to cement her legacy but blew it. She is a fabulous player but she has a way to go to being the best female player in the world.
DT is the girl that ran past the Tennessee bench in 2003 in the championship game after nailing a trey with two Vols in her face and said to Pat Summitt "This is my m***** f****** show." There will never be another like her

This former Hussie IS the best player in the world

http://biffella.home.comcast.net/~bi..._detected.html

Hey BTW......Hershel's little girl is pretty good too. We gets us some girls in Storrs.. That kid from Syracuse Brianna Stewrt committed

Last edited by Slewbopper : 04-05-2011 at 07:47 PM.
Old 04-06-2011, 07:35 AM
Jerome Park

Quote:
On a serious note. Maya Moore was getting all the accolades this year. She had a chance to cement her legacy but blew it. She is a fabulous player but she has a way to go to being the best female player in the world.
DT is the girl that ran past the Tennessee bench in 2003 in the championship game after nailing a trey with two Vols in her face and said to Pat Summitt "This is my m***** f****** show." There will never be another like her

This former Hussie IS the best player in the world

http://biffella.home.comcast.net/~bi..._detected.html

Hey BTW......Hershel's little girl is pretty good too. We gets us some girls in Storrs.. That kid from Syracuse Brianna Stewrt committed
Diana is the best player in the world. Maybe 2nd best all time to Cheryl Miller. But I wouldnt blame UConn's loss on Maya Moore.. didnt she have 38 points? The rest of her team isnt as good as it was in years past, or maybe talented and just too young? and one player cant win it all for you.
Old 04-06-2011, 07:49 PM
Narragansett Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antitrust32 View Post
Diana is the best player in the world. Maybe 2nd best all time to Cheryl Miller. But I wouldnt blame UConn's loss on Maya Moore.. didnt she have 38 points? The rest of her team isnt as good as it was in years past, or maybe talented and just too young? and one player cant win it all for you.
Agree with Cheryl. Different era in the women's game. Diana won two championships with similar talent to what Maya had this year. That is the defining difference between the two IMO. Maya is more physically gifted and probably a better pure shooter, but DT is the one you want to start a team with. Candace Parker is awfully damn good too.
Old 04-06-2011, 07:58 PM
Goodwood

Sydney Colson was kinda hot, for a woman's basketball player.