Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-19-2011, 03:15 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalakhani View Post
I don't disagree that he will be drafted and will stick around for his rookie contract. His impact will be minimal.

He won't contribute or play as much as chalmers because he can't defend like chalmers who is an excellent perimeter defender.

All of the guys you named can defend Nba pg's to some degree. Fredette cant and he has no hope defending twos.

Again, how many 6' 2" white shooting guards are in the NBA?
Really? How many guys have his shooting ability or range?

Chalmers only plays because they can't get anyone else. He stinks. Hell they imported Bibby who passed away 2 years ago

And again I am not saying he will be star or impact player. But a good coach will be able to figure out how to utilize his abilities in a 12-15 minute a game way
Old 03-19-2011, 08:25 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell View Post

Chalmers only plays because they can't get anyone else. He stinks. Hell they imported Bibby who passed away 2 years ago

And again I am not saying he will be star or impact player. But a good coach will be able to figure out how to utilize his abilities in a 12-15 minute a game way
We will see.
Old 03-19-2011, 08:42 PM
Saratoga

Great retort.

Old 03-20-2011, 08:27 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHardTen1985 View Post
These are the bets Ill be making on sportsinteraction.com. Instead of betting everynight/day Ill go with these futures and route hard.
Good Luck

East Bracket- UNC plus 425 for $150 and Cuse plus 425 for $50.
West Bracket- Uconn plus 425 for $100 and Arizona plus 1800 for $50.
Southeast Bracket- BYU plus 750 for $50 and Kansas St plus 900 for $50.
Southwest Bracket- Notre Dame plus 350 for $150.
National Championship outright- UNC plus 1800 for $150, Cuse plus 1800 for $100, Notre Dame plus 1400 for $100.
Big East team to go furthest- Cuse plus 500 for $50, Notre Dame plus 550 for $50.
1 and 2 seeds to go furthest- UNC plus 1300 for $100, Notre Dame plus 1300 for $100.
Most Outstanding Player- Harrison Barnes plus 2500 for $20 and Ben Hansbrough plus 2800 for $20.

This is why I bet this way. I have lost about 15 games in my bracket but everyone of these is alive. How does the furthest big east bet look with Pitt who I said SUCKS being out?
Old 03-20-2011, 10:00 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
This is why I bet this way. I have lost about 15 games in my bracket but everyone of these is alive. How does the furthest big east bet look with Pitt who I said SUCKS being out?
Uh bad?

And I think $670 of those bets are now RIP
Old 03-21-2011, 07:15 AM
Flemington

poor guy didn't "route" hard enough
Old 03-25-2011, 08:07 AM
Del Mar

Quote:

32 points for Jimmer last night. 3-15 from 3 point range . 6 turnovers and 5 assists. Helpless on defense against a very average college backcourt as drives to the bucket by whoever Fredette was guarding helped free the florida bigs for easy scores.

What coach could get him 15 minutes a game and who could he guard? There is a reason there hasn't been 6-2 inch white shooting guards in the NBA since the 70's.

He will get drafted and probably even go first round to some team in this awful draft. It won't take long to figure out that he can't play at the next level. He can do his mission in Europe and play hoops at night.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:08 AM
Idlewild Airport

Quote:
32 points for Jimmer last night. 3-15 from 3 point range . 6 turnovers and 5 assists. Helpless on defense against a very average college backcourt as drives to the bucket by whoever Fredette was guarding helped free the florida bigs for easy scores.

What coach could get him 15 minutes a game and who could he guard? There is a reason there hasn't been 6-2 inch white shooting guards in the NBA since the 70's.

He will get drafted and probably even go first round to some team in this awful draft. It won't take long to figure out that he can't play at the next level. He can do his mission in Europe and play hoops at night.
He is a self centered douche of a player. He'll be fine in European leagues.
Old 03-25-2011, 12:54 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:

We'll see...

I just wonder what being white has to do with it? He pretty much has the exact same skill set and is taller than Jameer Nelson.
Old 03-25-2011, 12:55 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by randallscott35 View Post
He is a self centered douche of a player. He'll be fine in European leagues.
LOL

Yeah he is a ball hog....
Old 03-25-2011, 10:23 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
We'll see...

I just wonder what being white has to do with it? He pretty much has the exact same skill set and is taller than Jameer Nelson.
You know what I mean by that.

Quick as Jameer Nelson? Come on. Those are two totally different players. Jameer is a true point guard. Fredette would make Derek Fisher look like Derek Rose.
Old 03-25-2011, 11:09 PM
Coach Pants

Quote:
These are the bets Ill be making on sportsinteraction.com. Instead of betting everynight/day Ill go with these futures and route hard.
Good Luck

East Bracket- UNC plus 425 for $150 and Cuse plus 425 for $50.
West Bracket- Uconn plus 425 for $100 and Arizona plus 1800 for $50.
Southeast Bracket- BYU plus 750 for $50 and Kansas St plus 900 for $50.
Southwest Bracket- Notre Dame plus 350 for $150.
National Championship outright- UNC plus 1800 for $150, Cuse plus 1800 for $100, Notre Dame plus 1400 for $100.
Big East team to go furthest- Cuse plus 500 for $50, Notre Dame plus 550 for $50.
1 and 2 seeds to go furthest- UNC plus 1300 for $100, Notre Dame plus 1300 for $100.
Most Outstanding Player- Harrison Barnes plus 2500 for $20 and Ben Hansbrough plus 2800 for $20.
You f.ucked up not taking Arizona for National Championship. Your UNC bet is dead as f.uck.
Old 03-25-2011, 11:38 PM
Idlewild Airport

shocked UNC opens a dog to Kentucky...we'll see where we settle in the morn.
Old 03-26-2011, 04:28 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
You know what I mean by that.

Quick as Jameer Nelson? Come on. Those are two totally different players. Jameer is a true point guard. Fredette would make Derek Fisher look like Derek Rose.
Yeah Nelson is a true point guard...LOL! He averages less than 5 assists a game for his career.

Do you ever watch these people play?

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...Fredette-5810/

Fredette shows excellent quickness, outstanding footwork and incredible creativity with the ball in his hands. He creates space to operate about as well as any guard in college basketball not named Kemba Walker, and he is a more complete scorer than Walker in terms of his offensive polish.

I guess I am not the only one seeing this...
Old 03-27-2011, 12:56 AM
Del Mar

Quote:
Yeah Nelson is a true point guard...LOL! He averages less than 5 assists a game for his career.

Do you ever watch these people play?

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...Fredette-5810/

Fredette shows excellent quickness, outstanding footwork and incredible creativity with the ball in his hands. He creates space to operate about as well as any guard in college basketball not named Kemba Walker, and he is a more complete scorer than Walker in terms of his offensive polish.

I guess I am not the only one seeing this...
Do you watch them chuck? Jameer Nelson averages 6 assists per game this season. Remember, he didn't start until his third year. Every year since then, he has averaged over 5 per game while still playing less than 30 minutes per game. If you weighed iy assists per minute, he is just as good as Tony Parker who is the definition of middle of the road starting NBA pg. How does jameer Nelson compare to jammer fredette??

Do you READ the articles you attach?

"The biggest concern about freddette's transition to the NBA clearly lies on the defensive end. He is a poor defender even at the college level showing average length, heavy feet and unimpressive lateral quickness."
Old 03-27-2011, 05:59 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

F Jimmer. Kemba Walker is so clearly the best player in college basketball this year. It's not even close.
Old 03-27-2011, 11:30 AM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Do you watch them chuck? Jameer Nelson averages 6 assists per game this season. Remember, he didn't start until his third year. Every year since then, he has averaged over 5 per game while still playing less than 30 minutes per game. If you weighed iy assists per minute, he is just as good as Tony Parker who is the definition of middle of the road starting NBA pg. How does jameer Nelson compare to jammer fredette??

Do you READ the articles you attach?

"The biggest concern about freddette's transition to the NBA clearly lies on the defensive end. He is a poor defender even at the college level showing average length, heavy feet and unimpressive lateral quickness."
Oh ok Jameer Nelson isnt an undersized, shoot first PG. Averaging 5 assists a game is hardly the protypical NBA point guard. He did start 55 times his first 2 seasons. I like the guy and think he makes his game work but he isnt a "true" PG at least by any definition I have heard of.

How does Jameer Nelson compare to Jimmer Fredette?
Both played through senior season
Both played for mid majors
Both were scoring PG's in college
Assuming Fredette wins some POY awards as expected both were POY in senior season
Both are undersized for a typical NBA guard
Both averaged 20+ ppg as Seniors
Nelson was drafted 20th/Fredette is projected to go in that range though may wind up higher because of the weakness of this draft
Both can create their own shots
Both are good shooters with 3 point range
Both have great first steps and can split double teams
Neither is a good defender
Nelson is a bit quicker
Fredette is a better shooter
Both are excellent ball handlers

Yeah they are complete opposites

And was there a question that Fredette has issues on the defensive end?
Old 03-27-2011, 02:45 PM
Aqueduct

gl heel fans! Cats are playing with house $....... I hope the tour of revenge continues ....

He's a hack and you guys sold your soul for him. Congrats." coach pants
Old 03-27-2011, 05:13 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Oh ok Jameer Nelson isnt an undersized, shoot first PG. Averaging 5 assists a game is hardly the protypical NBA point guard. He did start 55 times his first 2 seasons. I like the guy and think he makes his game work but he isnt a "true" PG at least by any definition I have heard of.

How does Jameer Nelson compare to Jimmer Fredette?
Both played through senior season
Both played for mid majors
Both were scoring PG's in college
Assuming Fredette wins some POY awards as expected both were POY in senior season
Both are undersized for a typical NBA guard
Both averaged 20+ ppg as Seniors
Nelson was drafted 20th/Fredette is projected to go in that range though may wind up higher because of the weakness of this draft
Both can create their own shots
Both are good shooters with 3 point range
Both have great first steps and can split double teams
Neither is a good defender
Nelson is a bit quicker
Fredette is a better shooter
Both are excellent ball handlers

Yeah they are complete opposites

And was there a question that Fredette has issues on the defensive end?
Nelson can guard an NBA point guard. Fredette can't guard ANYBODY. Nelson is an adequate defender.
Nelson average just under 6 assists per game in his college career. Fredette averaged 3.7
Nelson is a true point guard. Shoot first, yes, but a point guard. Fredette is an undersized 2 guard that doesn't have the quickness, passing skills or floor reading ability to handle it at the next level. The fact that Nelson is a "bit quicker" makes all the difference in the world at the next level. That is like saying Derek Rose is a "bit quicker" than Derek Fisher at this point. That "bit" is light years and it means the Lakers would need Kobe to cover him. And if Derek Fisher is a "bit slow" what would that make Fredette? A bit crippled?

Comparing a slow white 6 2 shooting guard to a NBA quick 5 11 point guard is getting back into the Delonte West zone as far as silliness.

Last edited by dalakhani : 03-27-2011 at 07:01 PM. Reason: Byu is a mid major on second thought
Old 03-27-2011, 06:12 PM
Ellis Park

I have a feeling that with this rack of teams going to the final 4, the tickets will be available for alot less than face value...