Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > The Steve Dellinger Discourse Den
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-30-2010, 09:09 AM
Keeneland

Default What now? Muslims sue Public Pool.

When I was a kid, some 40 years ago there were rules against wearing clothes on the pool deck. I imagine it was and is a sanitation issue as we were also 'forced' to shower before entering the pool deck area.

Now 40 years later a woman in headdress and her shirt-wearing family are going to sue? I hope the town of Lyons brings out all the lawyers for this one and recoups its cost of defending itself against this obviously, frivolous action. For future ease in understanding the rule perhaps a picture of a woman in headscarf swimming and then a line drawn through it demonstrating the rule to prevent any language barriers should be posted at all pools. I would also suggest the police department of Lyons keeps a special eye on this family and do regular safety checks of vehicle and property as they have already displayed either their inability or unwillingness to follow even the simplest rules.

And since Riot already educated us on the fact only a small percentage of muslim woman wear the headscarf, removing it should be moot.

http://www.suntimes.com/3074019-417/...t-aquatic.html

Last edited by dellinger63 : 12-30-2010 at 07:37 PM.
Old 12-30-2010, 02:52 PM
Arlington Park

chp captain to retire. read all about it.

http://www.theacornonline.com/topstory-mrpk.html

i thought i'd join dell in posting my local news as if anyone else would really care about it.

enjoy!
Old 12-30-2010, 03:17 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by dellinger63 View Post
When I was a kid, some 40 years ago there were rules against wearing clothes on the pool deck. I imagine it was and is a sanitation issue as we were also 'forced' to shower before entering the pool deck area.

Now 40 years later a woman in headdress and her shirt-wearing family are going to sue? I hope the town of Lyons brings out all the lawyers for this one and recoups its cost of defending itself against this obviously, frivolous action. For future ease in understanding the rule perhaps a picture of a woman in headscarf swimming and then a line drawn through it demonstrating the rule to prevent any language barriers should be posted at all pools. I would also suggest the police department of Lyons keeps a special eye on this family and do regular safety checks of vehicle and property as they have already displayed either their inability or unwillingness to follow even the simplest rules.

And since Riot already educated us on the fact only a small percentage of muslim woman wear the headscarf, removing it should be mute.

Do you even read the articles that you post?
"Have the clean racing people run any ads explaining that giving a horse a Starbucks and a chocolate poppyseed muffin for breakfast would likely result in a ten year suspension for the trainer?" - Dr. Andrew Roberts
Old 12-30-2010, 05:19 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:

And since Riot already educated us on the fact only a small percentage of muslim woman wear the headscarf, removing it should be mute.

why would a mute remove the woman's head scarf??
Old 12-30-2010, 07:39 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig View Post
why would a mute remove the woman's head scarf??

OK moot as in RIOT and anything she posts here.
Old 12-30-2010, 07:43 PM
Keeneland

Why didn't they identify this wronged family by name? Where is Jesse Jackson & Co.? Lot's of unanswered questions but tomorrow I'll look up the plaintiffs and name them as a public service.
Old 12-30-2010, 07:47 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi_im_god View Post
chp captain to retire. read all about it.

http://www.theacornonline.com/topstory-mrpk.html

i thought i'd join dell in posting my local news as if anyone else would really care about it.

enjoy!

Can you tell me the relation to this thread?

If not start another thread on FEMA's inability to do its job in your community.

BTW I sympathize.
Old 12-30-2010, 08:34 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Can you tell me the relation to this thread?

If not start another thread on FEMA's inability to do its job in your community.

BTW I sympathize.
you seem to have missed the part of life where everyone learned that no one outside your neighborhood really cares about your local news.

hopefully the family suing is attacked by a racist mob and burned to death or the pool visited by suicide bombers. then your overinflated view of the importance of everything that appears in the local paper will be proven right.

in the meantime, try to understand that a hispanic kid punching a white kid at the middle school down the block isn't an illustration of the national debate on immigration. at least not to anyone who isn't a drunk windbag.
Old 12-30-2010, 09:06 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
OK moot as in RIOT and anything she posts here.
when you post things like the article above, you have no business talking about another person and their posts.
Old 12-31-2010, 08:49 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by merasmag View Post
Wow. Man's best friend indeed.
Old 12-31-2010, 11:18 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Why didn't they identify this wronged family by name? Where is Jesse Jackson & Co.? Lot's of unanswered questions but tomorrow I'll look up the plaintiffs and name them as a public service.
You're doing a heck of a job, Brownie.

Here: Read about The War Over Muslims In America http://www.huffingtonpost.com/qasim-..._b_801427.html
"Have the clean racing people run any ads explaining that giving a horse a Starbucks and a chocolate poppyseed muffin for breakfast would likely result in a ten year suspension for the trainer?" - Dr. Andrew Roberts

Last edited by Riot : 12-31-2010 at 11:49 AM.
Old 12-31-2010, 07:08 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot View Post
Here: Read about The War Over Muslims In America http://www.huffingtonpost.com/qasim-..._b_801427.html
Got it done. It's CAIR (Republic of Ignorant Arab Citizens, they spell it backwards to keep in step w/their evolution so far), Mahmoud Yaqub and his wife (don't know whether number 1 or 40) but the name Faten Alaraj makes me think closer to 40 than 1 v. Cook County IL. Filed in Cook County so they can draw it out and appeal to Federal Court?

Fake God was right in that this is a local issue and should be handled locally as in the people of Lyons, no county, State or Fed needed.
Old 12-31-2010, 07:12 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot View Post

and for some reason the anti-virus program I'm running won't let me go to huffington.

Happy New Years over and out! Headed to Lyons IL for a party!