Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-24-2010, 08:41 AM
Coach Pants

The only similarity between the two teams is they both like p.ussy.
Old 12-24-2010, 09:31 AM
Narragansett Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Pants View Post
The only similarity between the two teams is they both like p.ussy.
I don't fault anyone that likes fish, but of course, looking at the source of this statement, it is just another of your idiotic generalizations inferring that all women that play basketball are dykes.
Old 12-24-2010, 09:38 AM
Coach Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slewbopper View Post
I don't fault anyone that likes fish, but of course, looking at the source of this statement, it is just another of your idiotic generalizations inferring that all women that play basketball are dykes.
It's a joke, you dumb creepy f.uck.
Old 12-24-2010, 09:45 AM
Narragansett Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell View Post
My question to you is how accurate are the rankings for womans basketball, especially in regard to high school player? The mens rnkings can be pretty skewed and there is probably 1000 times more coverage/attention paid to that..
I agree with you about the accuracy of the ratings. When Maya Moore was rated #1 in her class, the #2 player Angie Bjorkland chose Tennessee. Maya will be a 4 time All-American. Angie never will. There are 30 players in the country better than her. UConn's freshman point guard was ranked anywhere from 10 to 14 in the various rating services. She might be the best frosh in the country. My point is that Geno is very good at schmoozing kids that are not at the top of the list that turn out to be extremely good players.

Cannon, the recruiting in wcb is a lot more intense than you might think. Because of Title IX, the women receive just as many scholarships as the men. That money is going to be spent even if the program loses money.
Old 12-24-2010, 09:53 AM
Coach Pants

You talk a lot but say nothing.

I especially enjoyed your psychological analysis of a girl you only know through watching her play basketball. And all of your "insider" information on her father.

Just come out as a true douche and post your sports blog, you long-winded Faux intellectual.

Last edited by Kasept : 12-24-2010 at 12:22 PM.
Old 12-24-2010, 11:35 AM
Coach Pants

I'll be back later and expect you to reply in kind, slewbopper. You need to address the hypocrisy or do the wise thing and leave a much more powerful troll be. You don't and cannot f.uck with me. No matter how old school you are, son.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...ient=firefox-a

http://ladyvols.blogspot.com/2007/11...ker-alert.html

Can't have it both ways. Child please.
Old 12-24-2010, 11:45 AM
Narragansett Park

Quote:
You talk a lot but say nothing.

I especially enjoyed your psychological analysis of a girl you only know through watching her play basketball. And all of your "insider" information on her father.

Just come out as a true douche and post your sports blog, you long-winded c.unt. Faux intellectual.
Wow....I guess you put me in my place. I feel fulfilled knowing that I was able to finally elicit more than a one sentence response from you after the 19,000 insulting one line posts you have made over the years.
Old 12-24-2010, 12:22 PM
Narragansett Park

Quote:
I'll be back later and expect you to reply in kind, slewbopper. You need to address the hypocrisy or do the wise thing and leave a much more powerful troll be. You don't and cannot f.uck with me. No matter how old school you are, son.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...ient=firefox-a

http://ladyvols.blogspot.com/2007/11...ker-alert.html

Can't have it both ways. Child please.
So what is your point? I am a racist because I accused my fellow Huskie fans of just that? I go to more games than ever because more good seats are available. And regarding the Aurabass character, he isn't worth mentioning and got everything he deserved from me
Old 12-24-2010, 05:21 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by slotdirt View Post
While I'm not saying a c-level high school team could beat the current UConn women's hoops teams, I understand randall's point. We had a #1 ranked in the state girls high school team when I was a freshman in high school, and as a big tune-up for the playoffs, their coach asked the freshmen boys coach if we could scrimmage them for an hour or so. We beat them by 30, and it wasn't even close.
Just out of curiosity, what year were you a freshman in high school?
Old 12-24-2010, 05:56 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind View Post
Over a period of 10 or so years, how many championships did UCLA win?

I'm not saying it is the SAME....just that it is MORE comparable than many people realize. I doubt you find that an outrageous claim.
I agree. Its actually quite comparable.

The difference in talent that UCLA was getting back then in comparison to what most other teams were getting is staggering. There were a few teams back then that went undefeated. If not for injuries in 1975, the hoosiers would probably have done it two years in a row. Isn't it interesting that since that 1976 Hoosier team, no NCAA men's team has finished undefeated? Why is that?

The game was much different then. There were a maximum of 25 teams in the tournament until 1975 when they expanded to 32 teams.

Recruiting was different then. It was more regional. There certainly weren't any other teams out west that were getting kids to come nationally like UCLA was. Other programs simply weren't paying the kind of money to kids that UCLA had been paying. That being the case, UCLA had a huge advantage. Sure they played midwest and east coast powers too, but a majority of the win streak came against overmatched west coast schools. Then they get to the tournament when you have to play a couple of tough games but the tourney for them back then was only like three games with no conference tourney.

Basketball was a much different game then. Yes, if you had a mens basketball team go on an 88 game winning streak TODAY, comparing UCONN'S winning streak would be pretty dumb. But taking into account the differences in the men's game back then and UCLA's massive competitive advantage over its foes, I think the streaks are much more comparable than some think.
Old 12-24-2010, 06:19 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by randallscott35 View Post
It is being played up by ESPN and UConn in particular. A C level men's high school team would dismember Uconn. Beyond non-story.
How are you in a position to make this judgement? What constitutes a "c" level high school basketball team? Does this vary by region? What is the size of this "c" level team? How tall is the front line?

Now, if you want to say that they would get beaten by a pretty good boys high school basketball team, I could agree with that. Heck, we have some boys teams in our area that could beat some men's college teams. Dematha or Montrose Christian would beat some division 1 men's teams. There is little doubt in my mind that they could handle UConn women.

The difference is mainly in size and not as much in skill although that would vary depending on the team. Top high school teams will have 6'6 wings and centers 6' 8" and up while women's teams are generally going to be shorter and smaller. In my mind, a "c" level high school team will have players that are about the same size or even smaller than the Uconn women and probably wouldn't be anywhere near as skilled and certainly not anywhere near as well coached or seasoned. The same would go for most division 2 or 3 schools and even some bad division 1 schools.
Old 12-25-2010, 07:20 AM
Narragansett Park

dalakhani.... The top women's programs practice against men that attend their school, generally former high school players that are not good enough for the men's program. Probably the coaches at UConn, Tennessee, Duke, etc. would have the best idea what level men's teams they would be competitive against. Most of us can only speculate
Old 12-30-2010, 12:29 PM
Narragansett Park

The streak will in all likelihood end tonight at Stanford. UConn is a very thin team that depends on 7 core players with two frosh sharing the post duties, one of whom is undersized at 6'1. Stanford has five quality post players ranging from 6'2 to 6'5. UConn's senior back up guard is out with a foot injury. Maya will play 40 minutes but it means that none of the 1 2 or 3 positions will get a rest. Early foul trouble to any player will be a killer
Old 12-30-2010, 10:14 PM
Del Mar

Nice call slewbopper.

Anyone know if there was a line?
Old 12-30-2010, 10:16 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalakhani View Post
Nice call slewbopper.

Anyone know if there was a line?
Probably not, hence another reason why most people don't give a damn.

Reguardless, it was still a good call by Slew.
Old 12-30-2010, 10:50 PM
Narragansett Park

From a lesbian trapped in a man's body, take that pantywaist puss/y pants
Old 12-30-2010, 10:58 PM
Coach Pants

That's your team. It's a win-win for you because you're a troll and all you really care about is being right. Add to the fact you're a sissy and of course you're going to pick against your team on the road because what's the worst that could happen? They win?

You might as well ask tampax to sponsor your post.
Old 12-30-2010, 11:00 PM
Flemington

Uconn was minus 11.
Old 12-30-2010, 11:05 PM
Coach Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHardTen1985 View Post
Uconn was minus 11.
In Bizarro Vegas?
Old 12-31-2010, 12:10 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
In Bizarro Vegas?
He was probably jonesing because he hadn't lied on here all day.