Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-07-2010, 04:54 PM
Churchill Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansharbor View Post
So that's what we did? We ran McNabb out of town? You sure it wasn't a BUSINESS DECISION? DId you happen to think about that first or were you too busy wiping the foam from your mouth up, in anticipation of getting a lick in?

They(the organization) OBVIOUSLY are very high on Kolb. He was their first pick in the 2007 draft, so it was only a matter of time before he either saw the field or wsa traded. The brass knew that this day was coming since the DAY they drafted KK- and they capitalized (hopefully) on trading 5 as opposed to letting him walk for nothing next year.

There's no bigger fan of Mcnabb out there than me. But if the price you get in return is right, and you feel you have a plan B that can step in there and do just as good a job- you strike while the iron is hot.

Kolb might not be able to evade defenders and shrug off first contact like McNabb, but he sure as hell throws a more catchable ball. and I don't even want to pull out that meaningless first two games to start a career stat out.
Sounds like......"" In big red we trust "" ?
Gotta Love Horse Racing !!
Old 04-07-2010, 05:50 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by slotdirt View Post
Front page of the Washington Post sports section today discusses the Redskins dangling Albert Haynesworth as trade bait. People who think this team could be a playoff contender are coo coo crackers.
I think they wanted to trade Haynesworth before they paid him a $21,000,000 bonus last week. I doubt they are looking to move him still.
Old 04-07-2010, 07:52 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Dollar Bill View Post
Sounds like......"" In big red we trust "" ?
Correctly pegged. His gameday decisions are laughably bad, but the man knows how to put a contentious team on the field EVERY FKN YEAR. Not to mention a young one. It's only a matter of time until he buttf.ucks the threshold and takes this team to the promised land, Cowher-esque style. Then the Booth Operator can finally take the plum sized anal beads out of his caverneous passage and sit in a bucket of icy-hot while he types how fat Andy is and how lucky he got.

and Slotdirt is right as well. McNabb is the best player to ever put an Eagles jersey on his back. He worked with absolutely no running game for most of his career. I'd love to have seen what other quarterbacks would've done with his pop warner receivers, for again, the majority of his career. He's certainly revered by me, and I will root for him and the Skins in every game not versus or at PHI.

and Uncly....SHawn Andrews?!?!??!? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 04-07-2010, 08:44 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3kings View Post
I think they wanted to trade Haynesworth before they paid him a $21,000,000 bonus last week. I doubt they are looking to move him still.
If his fatass doesn't wanna play nose tackle, then i don't think he fits in if we go to a 3-4 D. I think they could find a taker for him, and he may be gone despite his OVERPAYED contract. But we shall see.
Old 04-07-2010, 09:00 PM
Fairgrounds

Funny to see Synder throw money around. It hasnt bought him a Super Bowl win. If im correct it hasnt bought him a playoff win also. At least Steinbrenner has World Series wins to show for his spending.
Old 04-07-2010, 09:10 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar1966 View Post
Funny to see Synder throw money around. It hasnt bought him a Super Bowl win. If im correct it hasnt bought him a playoff win also. At least Steinbrenner has World Series wins to show for his spending.
The skins won in the first round in Snyder's first year and also beat the bucs in 2005.
Old 04-07-2010, 09:22 PM
Fairgrounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalakhani View Post
The skins won in the first round in Snyder's first year and also beat the bucs in 2005.
My bust on that one. But only two playoff wins and no appearance in the NFC Championship game? Hasn't Synder owned the team for a while now at seven years?
Old 04-07-2010, 09:24 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar1966 View Post
My bust on that one. But only two playoff wins and no appearance in the NFC Championship game? Hasn't Synder owned the team for a while now at seven years?
He has owned the team for 11 years. Unfortunately, he fancied himself a GM and had a puppet in Cerrato for most of that time.

He wants to win...he just doesnt know how. He certainly isnt cheap.
Old 04-07-2010, 09:25 PM
Fairgrounds

Quote:
He has owned the team for 11 years. Unfortunately, he fancied himself a GM and had a puppet in Cerrato for most of that time.

Your very right about him not being cheap.
Old 04-07-2010, 09:32 PM
Del Mar

Quote:

I could not agree with you more, and Joe Gibbs whom I have the utmost respect for has had nothing but good things to say about Snyder. Which says a ton in my book about Daniel, i believe he is very committed to bringing a title back to DC, and these latest moves could see that happen sooner rather than later.
Old 04-07-2010, 10:39 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansharbor View Post
Correctly pegged. His gameday decisions are laughably bad, but the man knows how to put a contentious team on the field EVERY FKN YEAR. Not to mention a young one. It's only a matter of time until he buttf.ucks the threshold and takes this team to the promised land, Cowher-esque style. Then the Booth Operator can finally take the plum sized anal beads out of his caverneous passage and sit in a bucket of icy-hot while he types how fat Andy is and how lucky he got.

and Slotdirt is right as well. McNabb is the best player to ever put an Eagles jersey on his back. He worked with absolutely no running game for most of his career. I'd love to have seen what other quarterbacks would've done with his pop warner receivers, for again, the majority of his career. He's certainly revered by me, and I will root for him and the Skins in every game not versus or at PHI.

and Uncly....SHawn Andrews?!?!??!? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Mcnabb is a better football player than Bednarik or Reggie White? In what way? The other two are 1st ballot, probably unanimous hall of fame selections. I already extolled the virtues of Bednarik because he played before most of us were watching. But anyone who thinks Donavan mcNabb is a better football player than Reggie White is delusional.
Old 04-08-2010, 07:17 AM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell View Post
Mcnabb is a better football player than Bednarik or Reggie White? In what way? The other two are 1st ballot, probably unanimous hall of fame selections. I already extolled the virtues of Bednarik because he played before most of us were watching. But anyone who thinks Donavan mcNabb is a better football player than Reggie White is delusional.
Ive always liked Mcnabb. In reading all of the posts, its obvious that there is a difference in what is meant by "best eagle".

Best career? Mcnabb in a walk. Look at the success individually and the team success over the last decade.

Best Football player? White changed the game and is one of the best d lineman ever. Mcnabb will never be mentioned as one of the best Qb's ever.
Old 04-08-2010, 08:16 AM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Ive always liked Mcnabb. In reading all of the posts, its obvious that there is a difference in what is meant by "best eagle".

Best career? Mcnabb in a walk. Look at the success individually and the team success over the last decade.

Best Football player? White changed the game and is one of the best d lineman ever. Mcnabb will never be mentioned as one of the best Qb's ever.
Are you really saying that Reggie White's 8 years in Philadelphia were less successful individually than Donovan McNabbs? By what measure?

The statements made were that McNabb was the best player to ever wear an Eagles uniform. Reggie White was arguably the best player to ever wear a football uniform period and inarguably is in the top 5. Please tell me how Whites 8 year Eagle career was worse than McNabbs.
Old 04-08-2010, 08:21 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

Cannon, remind me of all the great playoff successes Reggie White's teams had in his Eagles glory years?
Old 04-08-2010, 08:51 AM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Cannon, remind me of all the great playoff successes Reggie White's teams had in his Eagles glory years?
they had a below average offense. cant win if you cant score points.

Its not like we made it to the promise land with the other guy we are talking about either.

Though Van Brocklin and Bednarik won a championship or two
Old 04-08-2010, 09:08 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

I just can't compare NFL championships to the Super Bowl era. First, because there were only like eight teams then and second, because the Lions, Browns, and Cardinals all won multiple NFL championships in that era. That pretty much invalidates anything that anybody ever did prior to the Super Bowl.

I also don't think many folks would say Reggie White was a top five player of all time either, but that is neither here nor there. Lawrence Taylor was a better defensive player in the same era, for starters. That's not even getting over to the offensive side.
Old 04-08-2010, 09:12 AM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antitrust32 View Post
they had a below average offense. cant win if you cant score points.

Its not like we made it to the promise land with the other guy we are talking about either.

Though Van Brocklin and Bednarik won a championship or two
Statisically, thats not so much true. They were as high as 5th in the league in points scored twice during his tenure. They were way below average 3 time. They were very average (12th or 13th) 3 times.

Your point is well taken though. Those eagles teams were about defense from the coach on down with Randall being the only face of the offense.
Old 04-08-2010, 09:14 AM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Could you please explain to me how that has any relevance to Reggie White versus Donovan Mcnabb's "careers"?

Did RW have any control over the teams coaching decisions? Or offense? or Special teams? Or strength of other teams in the conference/division? Why does DM get credit for playing during an era where Dallas went 14 seasons without a playoff win? Or For Jim Johnsons defenses? Or the advantage of not being coached by Buddy Ryan?

For 8 years RW was the best player at his position in the NFL, let alone the Eagles. In 10 years McNabb has never been the best player at his position.
Reggie White missed 1 game in 8 years and never had anything but a great year. McNabb has missed quite a few games and has had a whole lot of bad games. Reggie Whites career with the Eagles was a huge success from day one till the day he left for GB. Can you say the same about McNabb?

Did one time during White's 8 years did you ever say "Boy we could do better if we replaced White with......"? That seemingly happened every week with McNabb.
Old 04-08-2010, 09:20 AM
Sha Tin

Quote:
I just can't compare NFL championships to the Super Bowl era. First, because there were only like eight teams then and second, because the Lions, Browns, and Cardinals all won multiple NFL championships in that era. That pretty much invalidates anything that anybody ever did prior to the Super Bowl.

I also don't think many folks would say Reggie White was a top five player of all time either, but that is neither here nor there. Lawrence Taylor was a better defensive player in the same era, for starters. That's not even getting over to the offensive side.
You are the guy who is saying Donovan mcNabb was a better player than Reggie White and you are going to split hairs between him and Lawerence Taylor?
Old 04-08-2010, 09:27 AM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell View Post
Are you really saying that Reggie White's 8 years in Philadelphia were less successful individually than Donovan McNabbs? By what measure?

The statements made were that McNabb was the best player to ever wear an Eagles uniform. Reggie White was arguably the best player to ever wear a football uniform period and inarguably is in the top 5. Please tell me how Whites 8 year Eagle career was worse than McNabbs.

Inarguably top 5 EVER?

Hmmmm...

Joe Montana
Bart Starr
Johnny Unitas
Dan Marino
Walter Payton
Dick Butkus
Lawrence Taylor
Peyton Manning
Ray Nitschke
Sammy Baugh
Joe Greene
Deacon Jones
Deion Sanders
Jerry Rice
Kellen Winslow

Sure he is in that mix. But you COULD argue whether or not he is in the top five.

I know what you mean though.