Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Triple Crown Topics/Archive..
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-02-2010, 02:52 PM
Saratoga

I like Game Ball here...
Old 04-02-2010, 06:50 PM
Tropical Park

Is there any way to verify Backtalk's 6F workout at FG.....1:09:3 breezing???? Anyone ever see a horse breeze 6F this fast???
Old 04-02-2010, 07:53 PM
Gulfstream Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by slotdirt View Post
Recapturetheglory would be 1-9 against this bunch.
1-9? Maybe 9-1. Besides winning the Ill. Derby, what did he ever do?
Old 04-02-2010, 08:01 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

*searches for head banging on keyboard icon*
Old 04-02-2010, 09:08 PM
Weanling

Default Looks like rain

Could be a bit wet, but might be drying out if the rain stops late morning as some weather forecasters are predicting. The drying track at Hawthorne can get real deep, so take a look at the surface an hour before the race.
Old 04-02-2010, 09:10 PM
Weanling

Default Sportsman's Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeWingnut View Post
I know this is a little off topic but.. what did they ever do with Sportsman Park?
The plan is to make it mixed use shopping center and condos, if the economy ever gets going again. Lots of potential up and down Cicero Ave., but not at the moment.
Old 04-03-2010, 10:08 AM
Gulfstream Park

Interesting that Leparoux gave up the mount on American Lion to go to New York up against Eskenderaya with Awesome Act. Given the lack of pace in the Illinois Derby, one has to wonder if that will come back to bite Leparoux.
Old 04-03-2010, 11:13 AM
Weanling

Default Game Ball?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJP View Post
Interesting that Leparoux gave up the mount on American Lion to go to New York up against Eskenderaya with Awesome Act. Given the lack of pace in the Illinois Derby, one has to wonder if that will come back to bite Leparoux.
I think Awesome Act has a great chance in the Wood, especially with a big closing effort. No one better that the Flyin' Frenchman to do it.

Raining here in Chicago, but it should stop by race time. I still think it will be a drying track, and this could play into the hands of Game Ball. Martinez gets booted off of Schoolboy and gets his revenge on Game Ball?
Old 04-03-2010, 11:18 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by rontheman1964 View Post
Is there any way to verify Backtalk's 6F workout at FG.....1:09:3 breezing???? Anyone ever see a horse breeze 6F this fast???
Quote:
At least as noteworthy as Backtalk's comeback win was his final Illinois Derby work last Thursday at Fair Grounds: Six furlongs in 1:09.60. That was easily the fastest six-furlong work of the winter in New Orleans, and would have been among the fastest six-furlong races of the Fair Grounds meeting. Cash Refund went a meet-best 1:09.13 winning the Duncan Kenner Stakes last Saturday.

"I've never seen anything like it," said Billy Pettingill, who has worked as a Fair Grounds clocker for more than 25 years. "I thought there was something wrong with my watch. The only thing I had anywhere near that was a horse called Apprentice for Billy Badgett, who worked in 1:10 flat."
http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/hor...ory?id=5044725
Old 04-03-2010, 12:45 PM
Gulfstream Park

Surface at Hawthorne is currently listed as "good".
Old 04-03-2010, 12:49 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJP View Post
Surface at Hawthorne is currently listed as "good".
Rain has stopped and VERY windy..might be a tad fast, which is like saying that I am a tad slow
Old 04-03-2010, 05:17 PM
Saratoga

Hawthorne is pretty priceless. I rolled down there for a couple minutes today as I was in the area and I see Tom Amoss decked to the nine's, sitting next to a guy that looked like he just woke up at the local Cicero homeless shelter.
Old 04-03-2010, 08:51 PM
Gulfstream Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scav View Post
Hawthorne is pretty priceless. I rolled down there for a couple minutes today as I was in the area and I see Tom Amoss decked to the nine's, sitting next to a guy that looked like he just woke up at the local Cicero homeless shelter.
That could be just about anyone in the Hawthorne grandstand.
Old 04-04-2010, 09:37 AM
Randwyck

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyp View Post
I think Awesome Act has a great chance in the Wood, especially with a big closing effort. No one better that the Flyin' Frenchman to do it.

Raining here in Chicago, but it should stop by race time. I still think it will be a drying track, and this could play into the hands of Game Ball. Martinez gets booted off of Schoolboy and gets his revenge on Game Ball?
.....the french strangler, what a butcher job on A.A.
Old 04-04-2010, 10:05 AM
Gulfstream Park

Not only was that an awful ride, he could've been on American Lion.

Maybe the real reason he went to NY was for Warrior's Reward.
Old 04-04-2010, 10:24 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by alysheba4 View Post
.....the french strangler, what a butcher job on A.A.

I disagree. I have watched it 20 times, Julians thinks hes sitting on a ton and just had nothing. Its not like AA was fighting him, I doubt it took anything out of him. There was no excuse at all not to outfinish that trash bucket Jackson Bend for second, even though he had a soft trip. Turning for home Durkin notices how much Julian appears to have on AA, but guess what JV was already looking around and really had the same hold on his horse.
I was really high on AA but unless he comes out of this with an injury or some major excuse I am convinced he is simply not good enough. His running style might be suited for a mile, or a change back to turf.
Old 04-04-2010, 11:28 AM
Dee Tee Stables

i also thought there was a bit of fighting going on with awesome act and the jock, he didn't look like a happy horse, especially coming around the far turn.
Old 04-04-2010, 12:48 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig View Post
i also thought there was a bit of fighting going on with awesome act and the jock, he didn't look like a happy horse, especially coming around the far turn.
At no point in the race did I saw AA resist Julian, he was just over confident. A cutback, or turf will do this horse good. If he comes out of this ok, I dont see how they could beat him in the Withers.
Old 04-04-2010, 12:57 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHardTen1985 View Post
I disagree. I have watched it 20 times, Julians thinks hes sitting on a ton and just had nothing. Its not like AA was fighting him, I doubt it took anything out of him. There was no excuse at all not to outfinish that trash bucket Jackson Bend for second, even though he had a soft trip. Turning for home Durkin notices how much Julian appears to have on AA, but guess what JV was already looking around and really had the same hold on his horse.
I was really high on AA but unless he comes out of this with an injury or some major excuse I am convinced he is simply not good enough. His running style might be suited for a mile, or a change back to turf.
Trash bucket, eh?

Poorly placed for sure-but far from a trash bucket. Then again-the horse probably would do back flips if someone were to inform him of your past and tht you lumped him in with trash. Keep pulling RHT's shorthairs out of your mouth that keep piling up from all the times you've had his hammer in your mouth. They call you Big Joey- the guy who can be found with a cardboard cutout of Giant Causeway's shlong framed above his bed.
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel