Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-27-2007, 10:33 PM
Flemington

Default Vick's Co-defendant gunna deal

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2952092

Vick's World is imploding on him,and it is sweet.Don't feel sorry for any of this scum.They could rape,stab, shoot etc. someone you love,and laugh about it.They should all be in cages.
Old 07-27-2007, 11:21 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUDSBROTHER
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2952092

Vick's World is imploding on him,and it is sweet.Don't feel sorry for any of this scum.They could rape,stab, shoot etc. someone you love,and laugh about it.They should all be in cages.
i'm a white guy with a monkey as an internet icon.

i'm telling you that you have issues.
Old 07-27-2007, 11:27 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi_im_god
i'm a white guy with a monkey as an internet icon.

i'm telling you that you have issues.

That's about as useful as a belch.See,this is what amazes me.These are exactly the type that would not think twice about doing something violent.Suffering of others is totally unimportant to these guys,but I "got issues" for wanting to keep society protected from them? I don't think so.You got a problem of thinking bad things are gunna only happen to others.That's a common mindset.You cry after this scum does something.That's a mistake.People who willingly sit there and watch dogs get their necks destroyed are exactly the ones that feel nothing inside when they rape,stab,shoot,or even crush somebody's head with an aluminum bat.Watch this video.You wonder who could do this stuff? All 4 of these guys(Vick and his buddies) are very capable of doing this (without guilt.) They feel bad about it when they get caught,because they see people (they give a crap about) get upset.Until that point,they feel nothing.Just like they feel nothing when they see these dogs tearing each other up.Just like they feel nothing when they executed the losing dogs.

http://video.nbcsandiego.com/player/?id=119038

Last edited by SCUDSBROTHER : 07-28-2007 at 12:05 AM.
Old 07-27-2007, 11:59 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
That's about as useful as a belch.See,this is what amazes me.These are exactly the type that would not think twice about doing something violent.Suffering of others is totally unimportant to these guys,but I "got issues" for wanting to keep society protected from them? I don't think so.You got a problem of thinking bad things are gunna only happen to others.That's a common mindset.You cry after this scum does something.That's a mistake.People who willingly sit there and watch dogs get their necks destroyed are exactly the ones that feel nothing inside when they rape,stab,shoot,or even crush somebody's head with an aluminum bat.

what color are empathetic people?
Old 07-28-2007, 12:28 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
That's about as useful as a belch.See,this is what amazes me.These are exactly the type that would not think twice about doing something violent.Suffering of others is totally unimportant to these guys,but I "got issues" for wanting to keep society protected from them? I don't think so.You got a problem of thinking bad things are gunna only happen to others.That's a common mindset.You cry after this scum does something.That's a mistake.People who willingly sit there and watch dogs get their necks destroyed are exactly the ones that feel nothing inside when they rape,stab,shoot,or even crush somebody's head with an aluminum bat.Watch this video.You wonder who could do this stuff? All 4 of these guys(Vick and his buddies) are very capable of doing this (without guilt.) They feel bad about it when they get caught,because they see people (they give a crap about) get upset.Until that point,they feel nothing.Just like they feel nothing when they see these dogs tearing each other up.Just like they feel nothing when they executed the losing dogs.

http://video.nbcsandiego.com/player/?id=119038
Do u apply this same thinking to me then because I don't care anything about the dogs fighting? I feel nothing when I watch the dogs die. I love horse racing but I don't feel anything when a horse breaks down and has to be destroyed. Ok, I take that back. I was upset for a few minutes when Go for Wand went down and when Lion Heart was injured. But only for a few minutes. So does this mean that I'm one that would also rape, stab, shoot, or even crush someone's head in with a bat? So far, I've never done any of those things and never had a thought to do them. But I need to know if it's in my future because apparently, if u don't feel anything for dogs or other animals, u can't feel anything for humans. Because animals and humans are one and the same. Right?

I also didn't feel anything when I sprayed the ants that had trailed into my house this afternoon. Yeah, rape surely can't be far behind.
Manila, Java Gold, Alysheba, Sunday Silence, Go for Wand, In Excess, Paseana, Kotashaan, Holy Bull, Cigar, Alphabet Soup, Formal Gold, Skip Away, Artax, Tiznow, Point Given, Azeri, Candy Ride, Smarty Jones, Ghostzapper, Invasor, Curlin, Zenyatta, Zenyatta, Goldikova, Havre de Grace, Wise Dan, Wise Dan, California Chrome, American Pharoah, Arrogate, Gun Runner, Accelerate, Maximum Security, Gamine
Old 07-28-2007, 12:30 AM
pgardn

This does not look good for Vick now. His bud is going to talk.

God I pray to you every night. And I am going to tell you I sincerely believe Scuds is not a racist. He just hates white southerners like myself because we pray to you.

Nah... Scuds likes his animals. And I think he sees the height of cruelty when people take animals that dont know any better, and purposely cause them to suffer and get enjoyment out of it. I never understood the people that drug cats behind cars either. Its completely sickening. I think Scuds is saying "we" (as in people, not as in immortals such as yourself God) know what we are doing when making animals suffer and that takes a special kind of cruelty. They are completely innocent. Now white southerners on the other hand... Beat the hell out of em.

And yes yes go into the arguement of what people do to people, we have been around that bend before.
Old 07-28-2007, 12:40 AM
pgardn

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Glorious
Do u apply this same thinking to me then because I don't care anything about the dogs fighting? I feel nothing when I watch the dogs die. I love horse racing but I don't feel anything when a horse breaks down and has to be destroyed. Ok, I take that back. I was upset for a few minutes when Go for Wand went down and when Lion Heart was injured. But only for a few minutes. So does this mean that I'm one that would also rape, stab, shoot, or even crush someone's head in with a bat? So far, I've never done any of those things and never had a thought to do them. But I need to know if it's in my future because apparently, if u don't feel anything for dogs or other animals, u can't feel anything for humans. Because animals and humans are one and the same. Right?

I also didn't feel anything when I sprayed the ants that had trailed into my house this afternoon. Yeah, rape surely can't be far behind.
The bolded... are you serious? You feel nothing watching dogs tear each other apart knowing that people put them in the ring to watch them suffer? Dont mean to judge (but I will anyway) but I think that is strange. Most people I know do not like to watch animals purposely slaughtered for amusement. So I think your are the one a bit out there on this.

I had trouble putting a seagull down when I found it flopping around with a broken wing, trembling, with ants on it. I slit the gull's throat with my fishing knife and the whole thing was perfectly awful. The animal was suffering. I dont like to see animals suffer. Furthermore, I dont like to watch people suffer. I find this even more revolting and sad. But I clearly think there is something different about a person that feels "nothing" watching an animal suffer needlessly.
Old 07-28-2007, 12:47 AM
Flemington

Quote:

Well,it's real easy to say you don't care,but until you go and watch dogs squealing in pain,then you don't know if you could just sit there as that is going on.Anybody who can just sit there(as dogs squeal from being destroyed) is scum that could kill or rape without guilt.If you've been to these fights,and enjoyed it this way,then you are human garbage(like Vick.)
Old 07-28-2007, 01:06 AM

Scuds, I didn't say I enjoyed it. I said I don't feel anything. I've seen dog fighting and I just wasn't bothered by it. That doesn't mean I enjoyed it. It's not something I would look forward to attending on a Saturday night with the guys. I couldn't see myself ever deciding to attend because it doesn't bring me any pleasure. At the same time, it doesn't appal me either. I just find it interesting that from that, u can deduce that I could rape or kill a human being without guilt. The two aren't even remotely close.

Pgardn, I realize that I'm in the minority here and that's ok. I'm not even suggesting that anyone should feel the same way I feel or that it's even normal that I feel the way I do. Perhaps I'm missing something if I'm not turned off by it. But I'm just not. I am the same way with horses. I love the sport. I love watching the horses run and the efforts they put forth. But I can't stand horses. I don't like to even be near them. I remember a friend of mine wanted to actually fight me after a horse we had bet on broke down in the stretch and I was more concerned with who won the race than the horse that broke down. He asked me if I felt bad because the horse that I was betting on died while trying to earn us money. I didn't. Why? I don't know but I just didn't. I understand that most people involved in the sport are actual horse people and love the animals. I can respect that and I do try and be respectful of their feelings when something happens to one, especially one that they were attatched too. But they can never seem to respect that not everyone is like them. They seem to think that since they love animals, everyone should and if u don't, then u are no different than a rapist or a murder. That's what pisses me off. I don't judge them for what they feel but they are quick to judge me. It pisses me off that Scuds, who's never met me in life, can tell me that I am the type of person that could kill or rape a human being simply because I don't have the same feelings as he does about animals.
Manila, Java Gold, Alysheba, Sunday Silence, Go for Wand, In Excess, Paseana, Kotashaan, Holy Bull, Cigar, Alphabet Soup, Formal Gold, Skip Away, Artax, Tiznow, Point Given, Azeri, Candy Ride, Smarty Jones, Ghostzapper, Invasor, Curlin, Zenyatta, Zenyatta, Goldikova, Havre de Grace, Wise Dan, Wise Dan, California Chrome, American Pharoah, Arrogate, Gun Runner, Accelerate, Maximum Security, Gamine
Old 07-28-2007, 03:45 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Scuds, I didn't say I enjoyed it. I said I don't feel anything. I've seen dog fighting and I just wasn't bothered by it. That doesn't mean I enjoyed it. It's not something I would look forward to attending on a Saturday night with the guys. I couldn't see myself ever deciding to attend because it doesn't bring me any pleasure. At the same time, it doesn't appal me either. I just find it interesting that from that, u can deduce that I could rape or kill a human being without guilt. The two aren't even remotely close.

Pgardn, I realize that I'm in the minority here and that's ok. I'm not even suggesting that anyone should feel the same way I feel or that it's even normal that I feel the way I do. Perhaps I'm missing something if I'm not turned off by it. But I'm just not. I am the same way with horses. I love the sport. I love watching the horses run and the efforts they put forth. But I can't stand horses. I don't like to even be near them. I remember a friend of mine wanted to actually fight me after a horse we had bet on broke down in the stretch and I was more concerned with who won the race than the horse that broke down. He asked me if I felt bad because the horse that I was betting on died while trying to earn us money. I didn't. Why? I don't know but I just didn't. I understand that most people involved in the sport are actual horse people and love the animals. I can respect that and I do try and be respectful of their feelings when something happens to one, especially one that they were attatched too. But they can never seem to respect that not everyone is like them. They seem to think that since they love animals, everyone should and if u don't, then u are no different than a rapist or a murder. That's what pisses me off. I don't judge them for what they feel but they are quick to judge me. It pisses me off that Scuds, who's never met me in life, can tell me that I am the type of person that could kill or rape a human being simply because I don't have the same feelings as he does about animals.

It's about being able to see(and especially hear) suffering,and feel "nothing."
Like I said,if you can hear the animals in pain,and feel nothing,then there is no reason why you would feel different about the suffering of a person.Dogs have been bred to be more and more like us(in a lot of ways.) If you don't find their pain to be a problem to you,then I really don't think you would find human pain to be a problem for you either.So,you are scum,and you could kill.Just because you haven't doesn't mean you won't.There is a % of society that is scum.I believe it is about 2-5%.Call it what you want....Scum,Sociopaths,Psychopaths...........Don' t act upset, either.If you don't have a problem with dogfighting,then you're scum.Deal with it.Don't tell us that you aren't a sick person.You are sick.Like you said you feel nothing,and if you think it is normal,then you're incorrect.I understand that it is normal to you to feel that way.Your brain is gunna tell you you're normal.What would you expect it to do?You're in the minority here because you're part of the 2-5 % that are severely f'd up inside.You can see yourself as unique,or just different,but you're a sick person.The 2 types of suffering are very close,and I do not think you only tolerate 1,and not the other.If it doesn't bother you,then I doubt that human suffering bothers you.YOU WILL HAVE BEEN CONDITIONED TO LIE ABOUT YOUR TOLERANCE OF ONE TYPE OF SUFFERING.THAT'S ALL.People lie about it all their lives.I would not expect you to admit you have tolerance of human suffering.You're conditioned to deny that.I don't believe you.

Last edited by SCUDSBROTHER : 07-28-2007 at 04:25 AM.
Old 07-28-2007, 07:14 AM
Monmouth Park

You know this is quite interesting to me. The fact that someone could watch animals put in a situation for human entertainment fight to the death or worse near death and left to die and feel nothing is beyond me. Now the point is does it make it wrong. Who am I to judge that? What about when people actually go out to the barn or yard or whatever to get dinner? What do they feel when they ring a neck or chop a head off? If anything, they feel they are 5 minutes closer to a full belly. I couldn't do it, but does it make it wrong? Who am I to judge that? On the other hand, you have all the statistics about violent criminals that got their start with animal cruelty and how they end up locked in a cell, because they snapped and took a baseball bat to someone, or assaulted someone and when questioned felt or showed no remorse. Not everyone thinks alike and with this thread, one's personal opinion feeds right into the other person's statistics of what could potentially happen. Now if I see a horse break down, I turn the other way, and the same goes with dog fighting or anything else where an animal is suffering. But if someone is near me and isn't bothered by the sight of it, I don't go claiming to have discovered a potential violent criminal either. Do I hope Vick has played his last down ever and if the indictment is true gets big time punishment? Absolutely!! Do I understand that there may be people out there saying "they were pit bulls, that's what they were bred to do!" Absolutely! I truly see both of your points and as I said, it's pretty interesting.......
Old 07-28-2007, 07:27 AM
Turf Paradise

Default Vick

Morality debates aside, let's not lose sight of the fact that all of us are to abide by the rule of law. What Mr Vick is alleged to have done is against the law. If he's guilty then he'll be sentenced pursuant to established guidelines accordingly. And if that happens the NFL will have lost (at least for awhile) one of its most overrated players.
Old 07-28-2007, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanefrank
Morality debates aside, let's not lose sight of the fact that all of us are to abide by the rule of law. What Mr Vick is alleged to have done is against the law. If he's guilty then he'll be sentenced pursuant to established guidelines accordingly. And if that happens the NFL will have lost (at least for awhile) one of its most overrated players.
Contrary to what some say, I'd be totally fine with that happened. Only my reasoning would be not because of the morality issue but the stupidity one.
Old 07-28-2007, 08:03 AM
Dee Tee Stables

actually, i have seen studies that many violent criminals lack the ability to feel empathy for others. doesn't mean that everyone who lacks those sensitivities will become a criminal tho. but there is a correlation between violence to animals leading to violence against humans. i doubt vick feels any more empathy for a woman yelling at him than at a dog in pain, wonder if he smacks his girls around too?
Old 07-28-2007, 09:02 AM
pgardn

Mr. KIng I respect your honesty a great deal.

And I am not going to get into morality and philosophy.

Yes you are imo, in the minority. I will be honest with my thoughts. I think a person is a bit off if they dont feel a thing watching an animal suffer needlessly. Especially mammals as they are very much like us. Its not an alive v. dead issue as much as suffering. I dont think this necessarily makes you a bad or a good person. But I am very curious as to how (upbringing, etc...) you are actually able to not feel a thing. And I would agree with the correlation Z stated above.

King and Repent sound a whole lot alike... thats curious.
Old 07-28-2007, 11:22 AM
pgardn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samarta
You know this is quite interesting to me. The fact that someone could watch animals put in a situation for human entertainment fight to the death or worse near death and left to die and feel nothing is beyond me. Now the point is does it make it wrong. Who am I to judge that? What about when people actually go out to the barn or yard or whatever to get dinner? What do they feel when they ring a neck or chop a head off? If anything, they feel they are 5 minutes closer to a full belly. I couldn't do it, but does it make it wrong? Who am I to judge that?
I think it comes down to intentions. People who use their own farm animals as food do so to eat. They dont torture the animals. Wringing the neck is a fairly quick, fairly painless way to kill food in the form of a bird. The people want to efficiently and quickly kill the animals so they can get down to butchering. I had to wring the neck of a goose that had been shot by a friend. The goose was flailing around in a rice paddy (he cussed at himself for a bad shot that did not lead to a clean kill). It was not pleasant and I actually completely tore the head and neck off and sent the body of the goose catapulting 50 yards. My friend got mad and said I should not hammer throw the bird (geese are quite large). I had never done it before and just wanted to make sure the bird was not suffering.
I think this is very different than putting animals together knowing they will tear each other apart and suffer... very different. Killing animals for food is not a new invention by humans. Neither is torturing animals for some thrill. But I would argue the torture for thrill is done on a much smaller scale and is clearly not done for survival (eating). Its done for entertainment. Torture for entertainment. Very different.
Old 07-28-2007, 11:22 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samarta
You know this is quite interesting to me. The fact that someone could watch animals put in a situation for human entertainment fight to the death or worse near death and left to die and feel nothing is beyond me. Now the point is does it make it wrong. Who am I to judge that? What about when people actually go out to the barn or yard or whatever to get dinner? What do they feel when they ring a neck or chop a head off? If anything, they feel they are 5 minutes closer to a full belly. I couldn't do it, but does it make it wrong? Who am I to judge that? On the other hand, you have all the statistics about violent criminals that got their start with animal cruelty and how they end up locked in a cell, because they snapped and took a baseball bat to someone, or assaulted someone and when questioned felt or showed no remorse. Not everyone thinks alike and with this thread, one's personal opinion feeds right into the other person's statistics of what could potentially happen. Now if I see a horse break down, I turn the other way, and the same goes with dog fighting or anything else where an animal is suffering. But if someone is near me and isn't bothered by the sight of it, I don't go claiming to have discovered a potential violent criminal either. Do I hope Vick has played his last down ever and if the indictment is true gets big time punishment? Absolutely!! Do I understand that there may be people out there saying "they were pit bulls, that's what they were bred to do!" Absolutely! I truly see both of your points and as I said, it's pretty interesting.......
Sam,
I agree that this thread is interesting.
The only thing I'll add is that there's a huge difference between killing an animal for food (quickly and without suffering) and watching one die slowly, suffering for entertainment. It's the difference between stopping at KFC for a big bucket of deepfried on the way to the cockfights.
And, for those that put in the effort to get a horse on to the track, all I can tell you is there is incredible care and patience. When one is injured, or worse yet euthanized, there is an emotional loss.
Interesting thread.
Old 07-28-2007, 11:56 AM
Oriental Park

I think Vick is a dirt bag and is in the wrong. I don't agree that there is a connection between dog fighting and committing crimes against other individuals. My issue with this topic is the millions of dollars spent to build the case against Vick. I do not condone his actions but I beleive our goverment money can be better spent.
Old 07-28-2007, 12:03 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3kings
I think Vick is a dirt bag and is in the wrong. I don't agree that there is a connection between dog fighting and committing crimes against other individuals. My issue with this topic is the millions of dollars spent to build the case against Vick. I do not condone his actions but I beleive our goverment money can be better spent.
how does it cost money? cops get paid the same regardless of the case they work on, and da's are on a salary....and there is a connection between dog fighting and other crimes, most notably drugs--it was a drug bust that lead to the finding of the dog fighting ring. one of the initial articles when all this first came out said that most involved in one, are involved in the other.

and don't forget, it was vick who was caught a few months ago at the airport with a bottle with a hiding place--which smelled of marijuana.

and most serial killers start out on animals.
Old 07-28-2007, 12:12 PM
Oriental Park

It costs a great deal of money to build a case of this magnitude. There are many jurisdictions involved, local,state and federal. How come there has been no further mention of the drugs? Dog fighting happens in seedy sections of most cities on any given weekend but is not prosecuted to this extent. Let me stress that I think it is a dispicable crime, but does not warrant this type of prosecution.