Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-22-2007, 02:58 PM
Randwyck

Default Kentucky Fans Chase Tubby to Minnesota

Film at 11!
Old 03-22-2007, 03:02 PM
Havre de Grace

Tubby took the hint.....the board also gave him the 1.5mil he was due to receive in April. Less pressure....more time to take a decent program to the next level.
Old 03-22-2007, 03:59 PM
Arlington Park

UK fans that wanted tubby out are crazy! he needed some help recruiting but tubby is a Good Coach! who do they think they will get better?
tommy amaker would do a nice job at UK.

Alford is leaving iowa and taking the new mexico job. iowa ran him out too.
Old 03-22-2007, 04:31 PM
Sheepshead Bay

Good for him, class act.

College Basketball is totally different now, those dumb hillbilly racists don't realize you don't go to the Final Four every year.

I predict an Alabama scenario, many will pass, because of the insane fans. Guess what UK fans? Billy Donovan don't want to come there and why should he.
Old 03-22-2007, 04:51 PM
Coach Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointg5
Good for him, class act.

College Basketball is totally different now, those dumb hillbilly racists don't realize you don't go to the Final Four every year.

I predict an Alabama scenario, many will pass, because of the insane fans. Guess what UK fans? Billy Donovan don't want to come there and why should he.
Bearcats fans shouldn't talk smack about any school.
Old 03-22-2007, 04:52 PM
Coach Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmgirvan
Tubby took the hint.....the board also gave him the 1.5mil he was due to receive in April. Less pressure....more time to take a decent program to the next level.
Yeah most schools would be happy with a coach like Tubby. He won't get you to the final four, but you'll make the sweet sixteen every few years.
Old 03-22-2007, 04:56 PM
Sheepshead Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pillow Pants
Bearcats fans shouldn't talk smack about any school.
Bearcat fans aren't delusional like UK fans are, the guy on local sports radio just made the best suggestion for a new UK Coach, cardboard cutout of Adolph Rupp, because the UK fans can't get past him not coaching.

They already were going to be an average team next year, probably a repeat of this year, but now they aren't going to the Tournament at all...
Old 03-22-2007, 04:59 PM
Coach Pants

Quote:
Bearcat fans aren't delusional like UK fans are, the guy on local sports radio just made the best suggestion for a new UK Coach, cardboard cutout of Adolph Rupp, because the UK fans can't get past him not coaching.

They already were going to be an average team next year, probably a repeat of this year, but now they aren't going to the Tournament at all...
Big deal about next year. Morris was leaving anyways and Crawford is flunking out.

I went to the Florida and LSU games this year and it was clear Tubby had lost control of the team. He was overpaid and won a championship with Pitino's players. How many more years did he need to get to the final four at 2.5 mil a year? 20 more?
Old 03-22-2007, 04:59 PM
Sheepshead Bay

He also made the same comment about Alabama, cut out of Bear Bryant, because the insane Alabama fans can't get past him not coaching. Oh well, at least they gave Nick Saban a nice retirement package, sit back, not work real hard and be an analyst in 3-4 years, not to bad, too bad the Alabama Fans can't see that.
Old 03-22-2007, 05:01 PM
Coach Pants

Quote:
He also made the same comment about Alabama, cut out of Bear Bryant, because the insane Alabama fans can't get past him not coaching. Oh well, at least they gave Nick Saban a nice retirement package, sit back, not work real hard and be an analyst in 3-4 years, not to bad, too bad the Alabama Fans can't see that.
Hello Don Shula
Old 03-22-2007, 05:01 PM
Sheepshead Bay

Quote:
Big deal about next year. Morris was leaving anyways and Crawford is flunking out.

I went to the Florida and LSU games this year and it was clear Tubby had lost control of the team. He was overpaid and won a championship with Pitino's players. How many more years did he need to get to the final four at 2.5 mil a year? 20 more?
He should get credit for winning with Pitino's Players, that's harder to do with your own players.

You don't realize how much College Basketball has changed, it's like the NFL, parity everywhere, there's not much that seperates teams anymore and you don't go to the Final Four every year, he went to 2 Elite Eights in the last 5 years, that's not too bad.
Old 03-22-2007, 05:05 PM
Coach Pants

Quote:
He should get credit for winning with Pitino's Players, that's harder to do with your own players.

You don't realize how much College Basketball has changed, it's like the NFL, parity everywhere, there's not much that seperates teams anymore and you don't go to the Final Four every year, he went to 2 Elite Eights in the last 5 years, that's not too bad.
UK has money out the a$$ and so does Bama. Why should they settle for "not too bad?" That mentality is for losers. They don't have all of those championships by being satisfied with also rans.
Old 03-22-2007, 05:06 PM
Sheepshead Bay

You are probably right, those two crooked programs can probably pay the players plenty.
Old 03-22-2007, 05:07 PM
Coach Pants

Quote:
You are probably right, those two crooked programs can probably pay the players plenty.
Yeah Tupac State (Cincy) didn't pay their players.
Old 03-22-2007, 05:07 PM
Sheepshead Bay

Quote:
Yeah Tupac State (Cincy) didn't pay their players.
I don't recall them being on probation like UK was.
Old 03-22-2007, 05:08 PM
Coach Pants

Quote:
I don't recall them being on probation like UK was.
Yeah because not getting caught means you're playing by the rules. How are the new rides in Fantasyland?
Old 03-22-2007, 05:12 PM
Sheepshead Bay

Quote:
Yeah because not getting caught means you're playing by the rules. How are the new rides in Fantasyland?

Just fine.
Old 03-22-2007, 05:20 PM
Sheepshead Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bababooyee
Their players are all on probation individually, so what's the diff!?!?
Not anymore.
Old 03-22-2007, 05:26 PM
Hollywood Park

The budding campaign to make Chris Lowery the next coach of UK.... talk about a snag...he would whip the laziness out of Kentucky. God, I've never seen as lazy a Wildcat roster as the one this year. Just absolutely lazy. The seniors I mean.
Old 03-22-2007, 05:30 PM
Coach Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by jman5581
The budding campaign to make Chris Lowery the next coach of UK.... talk about a snag...he would whip the laziness out of Kentucky. God, I've never seen as lazy a Wildcat roster as the one this year. Just absolutely lazy. The seniors I mean.
She-Ray Thomas and Boobie Perry?