View Single Post
Old 10-18-2013, 06:34 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell View Post
Point 1-Ok fine, give it to LeBron that year but Rose certainly could have been considered the 2nd best player that year. That isnt being overrated.

Point 2-Name me an NBA star who isn't a hype machine?

Point 3- Can you name 10 better players at his position than him? He can't be ranked worse than the 3rd best PG in the world can he? It is hard to compare players at different positions but if you were choosing up teams with every player in the world available he'd certainly be in the top 10 selected.

Point 4- His playing or not playing last year has nothing to do with where he would be rated. Assuming he is 100% (and Scavs says he is so it must be so) he is an All NBA player

Point 5- Steals are a horrible way to assess a players defensive ability. I distinctly remember heaing about his coach instructing him to save himself on defense and not take chances because he was so much of the focal point of the teams offense a few years back. He plays for the preeminent defensive coach in the league, his defense will be fine.

Point 5- He is a PG on a team full of rebounding bigs. His career rebounding avg per game is the same as everybodys all american James Harden. He averages a rebound a game more than Tony Parker.

Point 6- His FG% went down for 3 years because A) he took more shots and
B) his number of 3 point shots went way up and naturally the % for 3pt FG's is lower than 2pt FG's though this is tempered by the fact you get 3 points for a basket rather than 2.
His rookie year he took 1200 shots in 3000 minutes
his last full season he took 1600 in 3000 minutes
That is a 25% increase in shots attempted and he took 300 more 3 pt shots than he did his 1st season. His true shooting percentage (combination of 2pt, 3pt and FT's) has actually gone up. His FG% on 2 pt shots is higher than Curry's.

Point 7- You named 8 guys that you'd take over him. That puts him in the top 10 in the world. How is that overrated?
Lets start with point 7 and Ill link that to his health also. Right now I can name 25 guys I would no questions ask take over. The dude missed like 16 months for an injury most men are back in 8-12. He was special though, so he needed double. At his position right now, assuming everyone is healthy I would take Curry, Paul, Wesbrook Irving over him for sure. Im not a big John Wall guy, but maybe even him. Maybe Tony Parker. Those are the straight PG's. Now is Rose a combo, or a 1? Combo we can add in Wade and Harden for sure. Maybe even Williams, who Im thinking will have a really good year. Even though I personally dont love him. Honestly I would take my boy Eric Bledsoe over him right now. Who knows if he will even play, who knows when he will need 16 more months and then have his brother speak for him, who knows Chuck?