Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-14-2012, 10:08 PM
pointmanscousin

I do think There's Johnny's defensive gem to be the more shocking of the two.

All the same, it's good to see the Browns get that last victory of the year out of the way.

Now, they can concentrate on losing again.

New topic:The Ohio State defense, do you know where it might be?Is it allergic to the color green? Do they have too much empathy for opposing offense? Is Mr. Rogers secretly spending quality time with them? Do they think the other teams point total stands for the defenses point total? Could they be that dumb?

Is there such a thing as "the spread defense"?

Would like your input here.
Old 10-15-2012, 03:51 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by pointmanscousin View Post
I do think There's Johnny's defensive gem to be the more shocking of the two.

All the same, it's good to see the Browns get that last victory of the year out of the way.

Now, they can concentrate on losing again.

New topic:The Ohio State defense, do you know where it might be?Is it allergic to the color green? Do they have too much empathy for opposing offense? Is Mr. Rogers secretly spending quality time with them? Do they think the other teams point total stands for the defenses point total? Could they be that dumb?

Is there such a thing as "the spread defense"?

Would like your input here.
I haven't viewed much college football this year. I'm tired of God's conference propaganda. I should probably take in an OSU game as they are now run by a God's conference alum and they have a really good qb I think. And of course Urban also personally coached God's personal qb at Florida as well, so he's been God-struck in many ways this Urban...God's conference, God's qb, etc. Maybe giving up 700 yards a game is just a ploy to get his qb in Heisman consideration or something? It could be just a precursar to going to flag football in NCAA and NFL as the perpetual concussion syndrome crazy people will eventually lead to that perhaps, and Urban is just ahead of the curve as he always is being a God's conference alum. That's all I can come up with?
Old 10-15-2012, 05:12 PM
Coach Pants

Look OSU had an opportunity to join the Lord's conference. They decided not to pursue it.

If Missouri, the heathens who keep the good christian folk from entering the west, can join...so can Ohio State.

Maybe we'll get bold and invite USC-West to the conference. Technically they're in the southeast if you're Japanese.
Old 10-15-2012, 05:18 PM
pointmanscousin

ooooooh-tay!!

Perhaps I should stick to the Browns.

And perhaps not.

At least the Tribe has that key ingredient: A manger who can lose with bad teams and win it all with really,really good teams.The very hard part will now be to field a really,really good team.

The Indians front office is poster dyslexic.

They have gutted the farm system.

They would have to outrageously overpay for top free agents( and they need that type)....( and they won't overpay).

They're only realistic hope is to trade Choo(who won't bring a lot, a little....but not a lot), trade C-Perez ( he's like so gone anyway) and I do think they can get more for him.The only other possible worthy trade would be A-Cabrera.Really, for the holes they have they should trade him.For him, they could get a good deal....I would think.They do have some good field no hit ss's in the minors.

Otherwise, why even play next year?

I think that's the only immediate way to get to .450.
Old 10-15-2012, 05:58 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
ooooooh-tay!!

They have gutted the farm system.

They would have to outrageously overpay for top free agents( and they need that type)....( and they won't overpay).

They're only realistic hope is to trade Choo(who won't bring a lot, a little....but not a lot), trade C-Perez ( he's like so gone anyway) and I do think they can get more for him.The only other possible worthy trade would be A-Cabrera.Really, for the holes they have they should trade him.For him, they could get a good deal....I would think.They do have some good field no hit ss's in the minors.

Otherwise, why even play next year?

I think that's the only immediate way to get to .450.
I got a huge kick out of C Perez this year. All his blather was simply a ploy to try to get himself traded. He could sit there and see who the pitchers were starting baseball games this year. Their best and most consistent starting pitcher was Zach McCalister and he really stunk. Bat was hideous this year and it looks like 2011 was actually the anomoly for him...sad. Of course as bad as Bat was, he was like Verlander compared to our favorite guy--OBALDO! Perez was doing everything he possibly could with every statement he made to try to get out of there. It was funny.
Old 10-15-2012, 07:21 PM
pointmanscousin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Pants View Post
Look OSU had an opportunity to join the Lord's conference. They decided not to pursue it.

If Missouri, the heathens who keep the good christian folk from entering the west, can join...so can Ohio State.

Maybe we'll get bold and invite USC-West to the conference. Technically they're in the southeast if you're Japanese.
And give up those 3 point slobber knockings over Indiana?

Besides, they bought themselves a brand new ,somewhat synthetic hc for 4 million.His stated desire is to score 100 points in a game here....though the bigger problem will be keeping his opponent under 100.

Besides, who else would make Pelini frustrated enough to go Mr. Hyde on his defense?
Old 10-15-2012, 07:27 PM
pointmanscousin

Quote:
Originally Posted by horseofcourse View Post
I got a huge kick out of C Perez this year. All his blather was simply a ploy to try to get himself traded. He could sit there and see who the pitchers were starting baseball games this year. Their best and most consistent starting pitcher was Zach McCalister and he really stunk. Bat was hideous this year and it looks like 2011 was actually the anomoly for him...sad. Of course as bad as Bat was, he was like Verlander compared to our favorite guy--OBALDO! Perez was doing everything he possibly could with every statement he made to try to get out of there. It was funny.
You ssssssssso got it about Perez!

If anyone was screaming, "Get me the fucl< out a heah!"....it was him.

There are people who claim Jiminez can still pay off while the two of the top 50 prospects we traded are trying to stay above water.

I'd reverse that trade any day.

I want Vic Power back....he really incensed Woody Hayes.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:46 AM
Flemington

I just heard a report that Holmgren is out as Browns president (looking for a link).
Old 10-16-2012, 10:57 AM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716 View Post
I just heard a report that Holmgren is out as Browns president (looking for a link).

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/85...al-sources-say
Old 10-16-2012, 12:00 PM
Dee Tee Stables

new owner, new pres.

also saw that philly fired their dc. why would a coach move someone who was always coaching offense to defensive coordinator? reid needs to do something and soon, and improve that team, or he's gone too.
Old 10-16-2012, 03:52 PM
pointmanscousin

Mass firings at years end.

New GM,coaching staff....qb taken in round one and running back in two.Many trades for more draft picks.

This is so refreshing.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:16 PM
pointmanscousin

The city and owner might like a dome on the football stadium,this so the huge bowl could have something to do more than 18 days a year....sitting on almost priceless lakeside land.

Maybe they should have built it elsewhere in the first place.

But that would have made too much sense.

Sense does not exist in pro sports and city politics.When they blend together....citizens are in huge trouble.

Uhm,Danny...go away.
Old 10-17-2012, 03:54 AM
Santa Anita

They need to bring back the Cleveland Arena. I went there once when I was a little boy but don't remember it. It may have even been when Lenny Wilkens was playing for them, not sure. I have fun reading stories about that place though. Isn't there something about football needs to be played outdoors on grass or something like that that prompted the current situation that exists?? Of course I'm guessing bribes were involved as well.

"Cavaliers’ head coach Bill Fitch, after his team won only 15 games in its inaugural 1970-71 NBA season, said the only stat his team led the league in was cars stolen from the parking lot."

http://www.google.com/imgres?hl=en&c...,r:0,s:0,i:111
Old 10-17-2012, 04:06 AM
Santa Anita

You know what, I just looked at that last post I put up and over 40 years later and we're still winning 15 games!! You can destroy the old buildings but some things you just can't change!
Old 10-17-2012, 08:15 AM
pointmanscousin

Oh my GOD Mr. Horsey!!

You must hide me! That raving ass.hole Indian Malarkey is going to slaughter my behind!! I am so very frightened! He drinks Goat's Mookys...you know, the breakfast of Tampions.

Plus, the Court Jester Da Loss has joined forces with him.What do they call that when two inept parts become a whole and that results in more ineptness in the whole than the sum of the parts? Isn't that lessergy?

Doesn't matter.I think the reason to join forces is that Da Loss is getting laughed off NoAdvantage and Indian Malarkey is failing miserably to get an NT girl interested in him.Tired of fucl<ing goats ,I guess. That's like so weird.

I. M. says he is confident he can slaughter me! He must have injected yeast into the confidence portion of his noodle.

Maybe even Lasix!

Hide me!!

PLEASE!!

Last edited by pointmanscousin : 10-17-2012 at 08:26 AM.
Old 10-17-2012, 06:54 PM
pointmanscousin

Heats off Mr. Horsey....they're incompetent hit men.

36th and Euclid is where it once stood....the Arena.

Big ol' brick building that did not look at all as it were a sports arena,less the sign.

It said, "This is a Sports Arena."

The Coliseum was A#1.Too bad you never got to see it because it was one of the best in the league. This Gund Arena blows.

As does the new Browns stadium.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:23 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Heats off Mr. Horsey....they're incompetent hit men.

36th and Euclid is where it once stood....the Arena.

Big ol' brick building that did not look at all as it were a sports arena,less the sign.

It said, "This is a Sports Arena."

The Coliseum was A#1.Too bad you never got to see it because it was one of the best in the league. This Gund Arena blows.

As does the new Browns stadium.
OH, I went to the Coliseum much more than Gund...(in fact I've never been there), it was a lot closer to home being a Canton boy too.....that's what was there when I grew up. Gund was built after I had moved away. I remember going to see the Buffalo Braves and Bob McAdoo and Ernie D back in the mid 70s at the Coliseum my first game I saw there. Went to to a couple concerts there as well and of course Blossom right there too. It was a neat place. Got a lot of flak for being in the wilderness and winter driving in that area was a ton of fun too!! For folks from the south the Coliseum was better to go to not having to go all the way to the city. But it was a nice place. I agree.

Last edited by horseofcourse : 10-17-2012 at 08:33 PM.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:35 PM
Santa Anita

Whenever I stray, many hit men tell me I am so incompetent that I have to stay only on this thread. I had to post by myself many months as noone else understands cleveland sporty things very much on here. even slot dirts didn't come to complain about the Tiggers this year.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:18 PM
pointmanscousin

Quote:
OH, I went to the Coliseum much more than Gund...(in fact I've never been there), it was a lot closer to home being a Canton boy too.....that's what was there when I grew up. Gund was built after I had moved away. I remember going to see the Buffalo Braves and Bob McAdoo and Ernie D back in the mid 70s at the Coliseum my first game I saw there. Went to to a couple concerts there as well and of course Blossom right there too. It was a neat place. Got a lot of flak for being in the wilderness and winter driving in that area was a ton of fun too!! For folks from the south the Coliseum was better to go to not having to go all the way to the city. But it was a nice place. I agree.
Well glad you got to see it then.I came up from south of there and it cut the driving time in half.The only new place you would like is the new baseball stadium.I still like the old stadium best, but the baseball stadium---- they did that very well.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:22 PM
pointmanscousin

Quote:
Whenever I stray, many hit men tell me I am so incompetent that I have to stay only on this thread. I had to post by myself many months as noone else understands cleveland sporty things very much on here. even slot dirts didn't come to complain about the Tiggers this year.
!!

Team Israel can be very turf conscious.

Sometimes it's not a bad choice to just stay away from known war zones.I don't, but have a feeling I may be sent packing....now.

Old Slots would still be complaining about not sweeping the Yankee swine in three,if you know what I mean.

Been nice knowing you!