Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Stakes Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-05-2009, 07:15 PM
Havre de Grace

I was surprised to hear Albertrani say afterwards that they're thinking about running her back on the dirt, possibly in the Alabama.

I hope they give the Beverly D some consideration.

NT
Old 07-05-2009, 07:15 PM
Arlington Park

I didn't bet the two.
Old 07-05-2009, 07:16 PM
Sheepshead Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_fat_man
First class headon replay by HOL. You can really dig into a race with such comprehensive video.

Congrats Fatman.

You hit your 5000th complaint on here. You did it so soon in your career.

We expect #10000 by Travers weekend.

Kleenex should hire you as their spokesman with all that crying coming from your end.
Old 07-05-2009, 07:17 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyJ
The race was won by Desormeaux's move into the stretch. Great ride by him to get first run in the best spot on everyone...Heady rides more often than not are the difference on the grass, case and point, Elvis Trujillo yesterday on Presious Passion, who clearly has the ability to go fast on the front end in a marathon. Rather than try and wrangle him back, he let him roll and do what he does best on the front end, and look what happens. Heady ride by Kent today to not get stuck in behind horses breaking from the rail in a 14 horse field.

CLears thoat:

"Park your car, Sir?"
Old 07-05-2009, 07:18 PM
Sheepshead Bay

Quote:
The race was won by Desormeaux's move into the stretch. Great ride by him to get first run in the best spot on everyone...Heady rides more often than not are the difference on the grass, case and point, Elvis Trujillo yesterday on Presious Passion, who clearly has the ability to go fast on the front end in a marathon. Rather than try and wrangle him back, he let him roll and do what he does best on the front end, and look what happens. Heady ride by Kent today to not get stuck in behind horses breaking from the rail in a 14 horse field.

Great ride by Kent. At the start I wondered what the hell he was doin so far back. Too bad Leparoux didnt get a cleaner trip. Might have given the 1 a run for her money.
Old 07-05-2009, 07:19 PM
Lincoln Fields

Fat Man...

Quote:
Originally Posted by the fat man
CLears thoat:

"Park your car, Sir?"
Are you disagreeing saying that Trujillo gave him a stupid ride even though the horse continues to win employing the same style, rather than rating the horse into submission...Other riders against a horse like Presious Passion are damned if they go with him and damned if they don't.
Old 07-05-2009, 07:22 PM
Sheepshead Bay

Quote:
Are you disagreeing saying that Trujillo gave him a stupid ride even though the horse continues to win employing the same style, rather than rating the horse into submission...Other riders against a horse like Presious Passion are damned if they go with him and damned if they don't.

Trujillo gave a brilliant ride. He knows he has a monster horse under him, why screw around. Presious Passion has to be one of the coolest horses to watch run in years. I know Monterey Jazz will be going BC Mile probably, but would be kinda wild to see those two in the same race. Both are gutsy frigggin horses.
Old 07-05-2009, 07:28 PM
Sheepshead Bay

Not sure if Rosario has won a Grade I in his career, but I think he gets it here on Noble Court. This race is ideal for the horse. Plus there is enough speed for him to run at. NC's last was very impressive. Use with Siren lure,Rebellion, and Rush With Thunder in exotics. Even throw in Star Nicholas at a huge price in exotics.
Old 07-05-2009, 07:32 PM
Arlington Park

Triple Bend, a 3 yr old taking on older...worth taking a shot against?
Old 07-05-2009, 07:37 PM
Havre de Grace

Multiple horses are coming out of the same race (Ack Ack) that fell apart but this race does not have nearly as much speed.

I think the hype on Zensational has been ridiculous but he's so much faster than anyone in here early that if he gets the lead it's over.

NT
Old 07-05-2009, 07:39 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTamm1215
Multiple horses are coming out of the same race (Ack Ack) that fell apart but this race does not have nearly as much speed.

I think the hype on Zensational has been ridiculous but he's so much faster than anyone in here early that if he gets the lead it's over.

NT

What about the 1?
Old 07-05-2009, 07:41 PM
Lincoln Fields

Quote:

NT
He very well may, but isn't 9/5 kind of a ridiculous price to take on a horse like Zensational coming out of a NW1X stepping up to face older in a graded stake? I mean I am going to fool around with Bet on Victor who could pick up some pieces if there's a hot pace duel and who is relatively lightly raced, and because he's 44-1, but I would demand more value before playing a horse like Zensational.
Old 07-05-2009, 07:42 PM
Arlington Park

Street Magician from the 1 post may hook him, I am certain his better distance is closer to 6 than 7. I think I am going to have to think out of the box here, knowing Ezpinoza he may not go to the lead leaving SM alone and to lead as far as Bejarano can take him, I did think his last race was excellent at PID.
Old 07-05-2009, 07:43 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
He very well may, but isn't 9/5 kind of a ridiculous price to take on a horse like Zensational coming out of a NW1X stepping up to face older in a graded stake? I mean I am going to fool around with Bet on Victor who could pick up some pieces if there's a hot pace duel and who is relatively lightly raced, and because he's 44-1, but I would demand more value before playing a horse like Zensational.
Oh I'm not betting Zensational but I can't find a reason to be excited about any of the plodders from the Ack Ack, save maybe Star Nicholas.

NT
Old 07-05-2009, 07:45 PM
Lincoln Fields

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSC
Street Magician from the 1 post may hook him, I am certain his better distance is closer to 6 than 7. I think I am going to have to think out of the box here, knowing Ezpinoza he may not go to the lead leaving SM alone, I did think his last race was excellent at PID.
I am strongly against Street Magician here...I think he wants no part of 7F, and his last while the figure came up good, let's take a closer look at who he beat in there...the 2nd place finisher was running for a 25K tag at one point in the last two years, as well as the fact that the third place finisher is a turf sprinter who's claim to fame was a 3rd in the Breeders Cup Sprint won by bomb Desert Key. I want no part of him from the rail although you are geting a price if you like Street Magician.
Old 07-05-2009, 07:46 PM
Lincoln Fields

Quote:
Oh I'm not betting Zensational but I can't find a reason to be excited about any of the plodders from the Ack Ack, save maybe Star Nicholas.

NT
Definately agree with you there...that's why I landed on the ridiculous Bet on Victor who probably has no shot to even hit the board in here, but he's a huge price, and he's only run 4 times and could improve a bit compared to the same old horses who show up time and time again.
Old 07-05-2009, 07:47 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Definately agree with you there...that's why I landed on the ridiculous Bet on Victor who probably has no shot to even hit the board in here, but he's a huge price, and he's only run 4 times and could improve a bit compared to the same old horses who show up time and time again.
At least Vladimir Cerin is riding a jockey that can enable him to take advantage of the weight break.

NT
Old 07-05-2009, 07:49 PM
Del Mar

Okay, took rebellion at 4-1 to w/p.

Good luck all.
Old 07-05-2009, 07:50 PM
Lincoln Fields

Quote:
At least Vladimir Cerin is riding a jockey that can enable him to take advantage of the weight break.

NT
After the last race you might as well throw a dart at the board and see where it ends up after that 6 won the allowance before this.
Old 07-05-2009, 07:56 PM
Santa Anita

Looks like he passed the test... What a nice horse.