Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Stakes Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2015, 08:08 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Frederick View Post
I'm all for being sporting and thought they made the right choice going to Dubai, but going to Ascot is dumb.

He has no real shot in any race they are pointing him to.
Yeah, going to race in a country where the penalty for homosexuality is death, stoning people to death still occurs, and almost all construction in the UAE is done by slave labor is the right choice because 10 million dollar race. Going to Ascot for a race is dumb. Personally I think, that running in a country where homosexuality is not a death sentence where you have no chance is a much wiser choice and decision, but maybe that's just me.

(sorry, I limit my posts here to almost nothing because I upset people and am not liked, but I couldn't resist this one!) In summary, I admire this Ascot decision by the dumb asses and despised their Dubai decision.
Old 03-29-2015, 08:12 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by horseofcourse View Post
Yeah, going to race in a country where the penalty for homosexuality is death, stoning people to death still occurs, and almost all construction in the UAE is done by slave labor is the right choice because 10 million dollar race. Going to Ascot for a race is dumb. Personally I think, that running in a country where homosexuality is not a death sentence where you have no chance is a much wiser choice and decision, but maybe that's just me.

(sorry, I limit my posts here to almost nothing because I upset people and am not liked, but I couldn't resist this one!) In summary, I admire this Ascot decision by the dumb asses and despised their Dubai decision.
Old 03-29-2015, 08:30 PM
Jerome Park

"Owner Sheikh Hamdan said on Sunday he had donated the $6 million prize-money to charity.

The son of Godolphin founder Sheikh Mohammed saw his colours carried to victory in the world's richest race by 14-1 shot Prince Bishop at Meydan on Saturday.

He tweeted: "I am pleased to announce that I have donated the Dubai World Cup prize of 6 million dollars to the Dubai Autism Centre."

http://www.racingpost.com/news/horse...846221/latest/
Old 03-29-2015, 08:52 PM
Sunshine Park

Quote:

I'm looking at it from a racing standpoint. Not political.

10 million on dirt where you're the favorite or MUCH less on turf where you have no shot.

Seems like an easy choice to me.
Old 03-29-2015, 09:05 PM
helicopter11

Quote:

Did you do your silent protest by not betting or watching the race?
Old 03-30-2015, 10:31 AM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny View Post
Looking at the pp's of Main Sequence, Lasik was added in his US races. Will its witdrawl lessen his performance ? has Motion addressed it ?
Any word from Motion on MAIN SEQUENCE ? I think he was off poorly and then more up w/ the pace instead of that explosive late kick.if my memory serves.

Blaise Pascal
Old 03-30-2015, 11:40 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by helicopter11 View Post
Did you do your silent protest by not betting or watching the race?
Classic.
Old 03-30-2015, 11:42 AM
Havre de Grace

Quote:

I'm sure the political situations in each respective place were heavily considered by Coburn and Martin. They seem like the types that are really plugged into that stuff.
Old 03-30-2015, 11:49 AM
Goodwood

I read that Coburn got to suitup against some cripples for a game of 21.
Old 03-30-2015, 11:56 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTamm1215 View Post
I'm sure the political situations in each respective place were heavily considered by Coburn and Martin. They seem like the types that are really plugged into that stuff.

edit - I hope whichever Botti runner this is will be okay (... and, of course, that this doesn't escalate):

Newmarket on high alert over strangles positive
By david milnes 2:33PM 30 MAR 2015

NEWMARKET is on high alert after a case of the potentially fatal horse disease strangles was confirmed in one of Marco Botti's team who had recently returned from appearing at the Dubai World Cup Carnival.

http://www.racingpost.com/news/live.sd

Last edited by my miss storm cat : 03-30-2015 at 12:35 PM.
Old 03-30-2015, 01:28 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian Charlie View Post
I read that Coburn got to suitup against some cripples for a game of 21.
I'm just glad he made it through the ordeal without being beheaded. He feared that was imminent when interviewed at Santa Anita a few weeks ago.
Old 03-30-2015, 02:04 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTamm1215 View Post
I'm just glad he made it through the ordeal without being beheaded. He feared that was imminent when interviewed at Santa Anita a few weeks ago.
Please tell me you are joking.

I think they are the most appropriately named stable in horse racing history.
Old 03-30-2015, 02:09 PM
Hollywood Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian Charlie View Post
Please tell me you are joking.
See post two on this thread at the Chronicle of the Horse.
Old 03-30-2015, 02:16 PM
Arlington Park

Coburn is clearly mentally unstable and should be required to wear a bike helmet instead of a cowboy hat.

Now about the outrage over Dubai and its treatment of people...oh ffs can we just stop with the social justice warrior routine? At least in the padlock?

It's not like merry ol' England has a great historic track record of treatment of humans who differ from them.
Old 03-30-2015, 03:41 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pants II View Post
Coburn is clearly mentally unstable and should be required to wear a bike helmet instead of a cowboy hat.

Now about the outrage over Dubai and its treatment of people...oh ffs can we just stop with the social justice warrior routine? At least in the padlock?

It's not like merry ol' England has a great historic track record of treatment of humans who differ from them.
No kidding. I'd be hard pressed to come up with a country with worse past performances than England in that regard.