Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-31-2006, 10:09 AM
boldruler

Default Scat Daddy's Beyer in Last was 95

For all the Scat Daddy bashers he ran a 95 in that last race. Circular Quay is still hanging around in the 80's last I checked.
Old 07-31-2006, 10:12 AM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by boldruler
For all the Scat Daddy bashers he ran a 95 in that last race. Circular Quay is still hanging around in the 80's last I checked.
Hey Boldruler, got news for you, trainers and owners agents only use rag numbers to asess horses speed figures, that and who they beat.
Circ beat the Lukas monster who won on Saturday, as well as Tuef who Scta was life and death to beat. I don't believe that fig at all, and thats why Beyers are free with a DRF purchase and sheets cost 35 a day.
Old 07-31-2006, 10:12 AM
oracle80

Boldruler as an expert on all tbred manners, when you have purchased or recomended purchases do yu present your clients with sheet numbers or Beyers?
Old 07-31-2006, 10:14 AM
boldruler

Quote:
Originally Posted by oracle80
Hey Boldruler, got news for you, trainers and owners agents only use rag numbers to asess horses speed figures, that and who they beat.
Circ beat the Lukas monster who won on Saturday, as well as Tuef who Scta was life and death to beat. I don't believe that fig at all, and thats why Beyers are free with a DRF purchase and sheets cost 35 a day.
Beyers are not a great way to handicap but they are great indicators of if a horse is for real. Scat Daddy has put up two mid 90's in his only two starts.

Bernardini has put up a 113 and a 114 in his last public workout. That is all I need to know.

The fact is CQ better show up with his running shoes in the Test, if he shows up at all.
Old 07-31-2006, 10:15 AM
oracle80

Quote:
Beyers are not a great way to handicap but they are great indicators of if a horse is for real. Scat Daddy has put up two mid 90's in his only two starts.

Bernardini has put up a 113 and a 114 in his last public workout. That is all I need to know.

The fact is CQ better show up with his running shoes in the Test, if he shows up at all.
Hes not in the Test you not even a novice with a big mouth. test is for 3 yo fillies. I believe you mean the Hopeful, geez.
Old 07-31-2006, 10:25 AM
eurobounce

Quote:
Oracle be fair here--Lukas's monster that Quay beat was making his first start in the Basford Manor. I wouldnt brag about beating a firster.
Old 07-31-2006, 10:25 AM
oracle80

By the way heres something to ponder. The horse Scat was life and death to get by must have run a 94 or 95 as well right? Since Quay thumped him in his prior race, would it not be logical to expect similiar if not more improvement from Quay? BUt I don't wanna upset you with things like common sense and logic man.
Old 07-31-2006, 10:26 AM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurobounce
Oracle be fair here--Lukas's monster that Quay beat was making his first start in the Basford Manor. I would brag about beating a firster.
He beat him and Tuefles quite nicely, since both ran so huge afterwards, thats bragging rights my man.
Old 07-31-2006, 10:28 AM
eurobounce

Quote:
He beat him and Tuefles quite nicely, since both ran so huge afterwards, thats bragging rights my man.
He won impressively, but I wouldnt brag about beating a first time starter in a stakes race. Lukas's horse looked fantastic on Saturday and was a gift 2-1 imo. Quay has looked good all year long. No doubt he should be the leader in the 2 year old division. But no reason to brag about beating a firster.
Old 07-31-2006, 10:30 AM
boldruler

Quote:
Hes not in the Test you not even a novice with a big mouth. test is for 3 yo fillies. I believe you mean the Hopeful, geez.
You know what I meant. Should I harp on your Yankees comment the other day, where you were wrong about where they were in the standings or about who won the White Sox game. Or should I give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you went to bed early?
Old 07-31-2006, 10:32 AM
boldruler

Quote:
By the way heres something to ponder. The horse Scat was life and death to get by must have run a 94 or 95 as well right? Since Quay thumped him in his prior race, would it not be logical to expect similiar if not more improvement from Quay? BUt I don't wanna upset you with things like common sense and logic man.
Quat has thumped nobody. He has a couple of wins that were by a length or two. I guess the Hopeful will decide a thing or two. Soaring By is likely to beat both of them, but I would take SD over CQ right now, with a race over the track.
Old 07-31-2006, 10:36 AM
Hollywood Park

What impressed me about CQ he has yet to break well, and closes like a freight train.

If anyone can get that straightened out, it'll be TAP....Unfortunately, I didn't see Scat Daddy's race.....the Hopeful should be exciting if they both get there.
That all you women might need to know
Old 07-31-2006, 10:37 AM
eurobounce

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.fager
What impressed me about CQ he has yet to break well, and closes like a freight train.

If anyone can get that straightened out, it'll be TAP....Unfortunately, I didn't see Scat Daddy's race.....the Hopeful should be exciting if they both get there.
What I like about QUAY is how is went through the rail hole and won going away. You dont see two year olds make a move like that along the rail.
Old 07-31-2006, 10:53 AM
oracle80

What I like best is how well the horses he beat in that last race have come back and run. By the way, he got a lot better sheet number than he did Beyer.
Old 07-31-2006, 11:33 AM
Oaklawn

Quote:
Quat has thumped nobody. He has a couple of wins that were by a length or two. I guess the Hopeful will decide a thing or two. Soaring By is likely to beat both of them, but I would take SD over CQ right now, with a race over the track.

Really hard to say how any horse will do in their next race without knowing the field. Based on his running style, I'm guessing CQ isn't going to want to have a lone front runner to try to beat. He's going to want a few horses up on the lead to set fast fractions. Either way, I hope all these youngsters make the field for the Hopeful so we can see how it shakes out.