Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-30-2006, 04:43 PM
boldruler

Default Not today Darley- Spun Sugar is a beauty

It looks like Darley and Pletcher are going to win every stakes race run in this meet. Tomorrow another Darley. Unreal.
Old 07-30-2006, 04:45 PM
Cunningham Racing

Yep, but Balletto would have woin with a better trip and without the hang-job inside the sixteenth pole....she looked best but SS was gritty to the wire...Oonagh might be finished....wow, she looked horrible...
Old 07-30-2006, 04:49 PM
boldruler

Lets give the winner credit. Her toughness won that race. I would have been sick to my stomach had Darley won the stakes races three days in a row, which is what would have happened had Balleto won. Pletcher to the rescue.
Old 07-30-2006, 04:54 PM
Formerly 'moodwalker'

Quote:
Originally Posted by boldruler
Lets give the winner credit. Her toughness won that race. I would have been sick to my stomach had Darley won the stakes races three days in a row, which is what would have happened had Balleto won. Pletcher to the rescue.
Darley doesn't own Angara. She won a little stakes yesterday.
Old 07-30-2006, 05:03 PM
Washington Park

Spun Sugar's heart was the determining factor here. Balletto had every right to win this thing but Spun Sugar found something else as soon as her competitor made eye contact - loved it! Not sure why the 'hating' of Darley though in regard to their overall operation. They could have easily kept Balletto retired after her bout with colic but they brought her back and Balletto has improved in each race. As for Oonagh Maccool I think its a bit early to say she might be finished considering the same was said for Spun Sugar after her last, plus we are racing at Saratoga here, lol. Cant deny Spun Sugar showed a ton of heart in here and keeps her hat in the ring for the Distaff Division with Oonagh now having lost twice, Happy Ticket galavanting out in California for some reason, Round Pond MIA, and nothing out in California being impressive, plus the three year olds pretty much suck with a few exceptions.

I cant believe what a bunch of nerds we are. We're looking up money laundering in the dictionary.

www.myspace.com/dustinfabian
Old 07-30-2006, 05:06 PM
boldruler

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodwalker
Darley doesn't own Angara. She won a little stakes yesterday.
There was no Pletcher or Darley horse in the race.

The point I was making is they are dominating, they ran 1-2 today. And after tomorrow will have won a combined 6 stakes races in the first week.

Darley will win with Songster tomorrow.
Pletcher and Darley ran 1-2-3 today.
Darley won the Jim Dandy on Saturday.
Pletcher ran 1-2 on Friday.
Pletcher won on Thursday.
Pletcher won on Wednesday.