Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-29-2006, 11:24 AM
boldruler

Default Hurricane Run wins

Looks like the big guy got it done. "Electrocutionist stayed on gamely for second, with Japanese challenger Heart's Cry the same distance away in third."

If you want to see a great race you can watch it here. no need to register, just click on race of the day. It is european racing and you have to be patient, but the stretch run is worth it.

http://www.attheraces.com/sectionhom...0nav&nav=video

Last edited by boldruler : 07-29-2006 at 11:34 AM.
Old 07-29-2006, 12:14 PM
Randwyck

WOW!

That horse is a BEAST.
Old 07-29-2006, 02:46 PM
Santa Anita

could be going to the BC also.. he is some horse, but still has to beat Deep Impact!

#Grand
Old 07-29-2006, 03:25 PM
Formerly 'moodwalker'

That horse can't beat Deep Impact in my opinion....

Electrocutionist is a tough son of a gun also, did you see him lift when Heart's Cry got past him?
Old 07-29-2006, 03:32 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodwalker

Electrocutionist is a tough son of a gun also, did you see him lift when Heart's Cry got past him?
What a race by the winner!!! Obviously some questionable "team work" employed against him...he had as much trouble as any winner I've seen lately and was obviously much the best! I hope this guy shows up BC day...a great looking animal!!
Old 07-29-2006, 06:58 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:

Pretty Amazing that the horse was odds-on in a race that included the only horse to ever beat Deep Impact (Heart's Cry), AND the winner of the Dubai World Cup (Electrocutionist). I guess they were right though, as this horse was extremely impressive.
What do you mean he "can't beat Deep Impact?" I am not sure who would win if those two brilliantly talented horses squared off, but I think HR certainly COULD win. Heart's Cry has beaten Deep Impact and HR is better than Heart's Cry, so I definitely think he would have a chance.
As a Sunday Silence fan however, I would be cheering for Deep Impact.
Old 07-30-2006, 12:34 AM
Formerly 'moodwalker'

Quote:
Originally Posted by miraja2
Pretty Amazing that the horse was odds-on in a race that included the only horse to ever beat Deep Impact (Heart's Cry), AND the winner of the Dubai World Cup (Electrocutionist). I guess they were right though, as this horse was extremely impressive.
What do you mean he "can't beat Deep Impact?" I am not sure who would win if those two brilliantly talented horses squared off, but I think HR certainly COULD win. Heart's Cry has beaten Deep Impact and HR is better than Heart's Cry, so I definitely think he would have a chance.
As a Sunday Silence fan however, I would be cheering for Deep Impact.
It was just my opinion.

I don't think Hurricane Run can beat Deep Impact...period

If they both run in the Arc, I think Deep Impact gets him by open lengths.
Old 07-30-2006, 12:43 AM
eurobounce

Quote:
It was just my opinion.

I don't think Hurricane Run can beat Deep Impact...period

If they both run in the Arc, I think Deep Impact gets him by open lengths.
Define open legnths? I mean winning by 1 1/2 lengths is open lengths. Deep Impact is good and so is Hurrican Run and Electrocutionist and so is Hearts Cry. You could race those 4 agaisnt each other 20 times and each would win 3-5 times. I would to see all of those in the ARC. But it was a great race today.
Old 07-30-2006, 01:05 AM
Washington Park

Deep Impact will face real competition for the first time in the Arc - should be nice to see how he fares. I'll take a seasoned Hurricane Run any day over him for now though...

I cant believe what a bunch of nerds we are. We're looking up money laundering in the dictionary.

www.myspace.com/dustinfabian
Old 07-30-2006, 01:23 AM
Formerly 'moodwalker'

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurobounce
Define open legnths? I mean winning by 1 1/2 lengths is open lengths. Deep Impact is good and so is Hurrican Run and Electrocutionist and so is Hearts Cry. You could race those 4 agaisnt each other 20 times and each would win 3-5 times. I would to see all of those in the ARC. But it was a great race today.
I think Deep Impact will win the Arc by 3+ lengths....no matter who comes to run against him
Old 07-30-2006, 08:50 AM
Arlington Park

Wow it is soooo hard to know for sure. All of these horses are so talented, that if they all make it to the race healthy, it will be EXTREMELY interesting. I can't remember too many times that a horse as flat-out great as Electrocutionist will likely be no better than the third choice! I mean this horse won the richest race in the world, has won 8 out of 12 lifetime, has never finished off the board, and the only horses to beat him have names like Shirocco, Ouija Board, and Hurricane Run. Yet he is probably not one of the best two horses in the race!! Damn. The Arc is shaping up to be the definite race of the year this year.
Old 07-30-2006, 09:30 AM
Sheepshead Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by miraja2
Wow it is soooo hard to know for sure. All of these horses are so talented, that if they all make it to the race healthy, it will be EXTREMELY interesting. I can't remember too many times that a horse as flat-out great as Electrocutionist will likely be no better than the third choice! I mean this horse won the richest race in the world, has won 8 out of 12 lifetime, has never finished off the board, and the only horses to beat him have names like Shirocco, Ouija Board, and Hurricane Run. Yet he is probably not one of the best two horses in the race!! Damn. The Arc is shaping up to be the definite race of the year this year.
Was as good a race as you will see the top horses all performed and it was a battle to the wire. All are threats for #1.
Old 07-31-2006, 09:35 AM
Sheepshead Bay

I thought that race looked awful, they were staggering home...

I really think the US Turf horses will drill the Euro's this year, English Channel would have beaten all of those...
Old 07-31-2006, 09:42 AM
boldruler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointg5

I really think the US Turf horses will drill the Euro's this year, English Channel would have beaten all of those...
Can I have some of what you are smoking. The B-team euros could beat EC and Cacique going 12F.
Old 07-31-2006, 09:44 AM
pgardn

Quote:

No friggin way. This was the race of the year so far. Get O. Board, and Deep Impact in there and you got something better than any BC race.
Newmarket

Quote:

If EC would have been in the King George race he would have battled mightily..for fourth.
eurobounce

Quote:

Dude you are freaking dreaming. English Channel would get crushed by Erio's top turf horses. But Electrocutionist is not going in the ARC. He is beign pointed towards the Breeders Cup Classic.
Old 07-31-2006, 09:45 AM
Sheepshead Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by boldruler
Can I have some of what you are smoking. The B-team euros could beat EC and Cacique going 12F.
Not smoking anything, that race looked bad for top class horses...

Just because they are Euro's does not make them better...
Old 07-31-2006, 09:46 AM
Sheepshead Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgardn
No friggin way. This was the race of the year so far. Get O. Board, and Deep Impact in there and you got something better than any BC race.
Look how they were moving at the end, no acceleration, except one staggered better than the others...
Old 07-31-2006, 09:50 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

The only thing I'd ask is for someone to let the track announcer know the proper way to pronounce "hurricane."