Quote:
Originally Posted by boldruler
Is that what Point Given was.
He won that race from the lead
Old 07-28-2006, 02:02 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Monmouth is the most underrated track in america. Saratoga is obviously King, but Monmouth is really nice. The Haskell is the big leagues.

Point Given, War Emblem, Lion Heart, Touch Gold, Holy Bull.
Roman Ruler is a perfect example. That horse never wanted ANY Part of 10 panels and he won easily there.

This race also doesn't get the best talent because of the Travers....if they raced it this weekend, they would get better talent
Old 07-28-2006, 02:05 PM
boldruler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scav
He won that race from the lead
But he wasn't just a 9F horse. He could run as far as needed. So could a couple other winners.

The Haskell is more prestigious than the Jim Dandy, but not the Travers. The best argument is that you want a race over the Saratoga track, but the extra week argument doesn't cut it for me.
Old 07-28-2006, 02:12 PM
Saratoga

How come Gulfstream runs a major stakes weekend every 4 weeks?

because trainers want 4 weeks inbetween starts
Old 07-28-2006, 02:15 PM
Saratoga

Monmouth, ESPECIALLY on Haskell day is the most bias track I have ever watched, bar none. The track on Haskell Day is worse then the day Monarchos won the Kentucky Derby (for those who don't remember, that track was the fastest I have ever seen a racetrack)
Old 07-28-2006, 02:17 PM
Oaklawn

Monmouth IS usually a speed biased track..
Old 07-28-2006, 02:19 PM
boldruler

Quote:
How come Gulfstream runs a major stakes weekend every 4 weeks?

because trainers want 4 weeks inbetween starts
So I guess Bluegrass Cat, Strong Contender, and whoever else shows up for the Haskell, and Bright One and the WV Derby horses, should just forget about the Travers.

With your reasoning the Travers will be the top 3 horses from the Jim Dandy.

Very exciting Travers. Bernardini, Ministers Bid, and Sunriver. So we get 5 wagering interests tomorrow in the Jim Dandy and 3 for the Travers.

Excellent.
Old 07-28-2006, 02:20 PM
boldruler

Quote:
Monmouth, ESPECIALLY on Haskell day is the most bias track I have ever watched, bar none. The track on Haskell Day is worse then the day Monarchos won the Kentucky Derby (for those who don't remember, that track was the fastest I have ever seen a racetrack)
Never been to Keeneland I guess. Monmouth is biased, that is probably why Sinister Minister is going, but people say the same thing about Pimlico and Bernardini didn't seem to mind.
Old 07-28-2006, 02:23 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
So I guess Bluegrass Cat, Strong Contender, and whoever else shows up for the Haskell, and Bright One and the WV Derby horses, should just forget about the Travers.

With your reasoning the Travers will be the top 3 horses from the Jim Dandy.

Very exciting Travers. Bernardini, Ministers Bid, and Sunriver. So we get 5 wagering interests tomorrow in the Jim Dandy and 3 for the Travers.

Excellent.
No, I am not saying that....BUT what I am saying is that IF YOU WANT TO WIN the Travers which is what Albertini has said he wants to do and is TARGETED FOR, historically, you do not run in the Haskell. Regardless how Bern runs in the Dandy, he is my stone cold lock of the year to win the Travers.
Old 07-28-2006, 02:27 PM
Arlington Park

Scav,
Probably around mid-afternoon on. Like a firster tomorrow. Calder Race 2 Espartaco.
Old 07-28-2006, 02:33 PM
boldruler

Quote:
No, I am not saying that....BUT what I am saying is that IF YOU WANT TO WIN the Travers which is what Albertini has said he wants to do and is TARGETED FOR, historically, you do not run in the Haskell. Regardless how Bern runs in the Dandy, he is my stone cold lock of the year to win the Travers.
Bright One will make him earn it.
Old 07-28-2006, 02:34 PM
Saratoga

Mid afternoon better be like 12:01pm in S2S time
Old 07-28-2006, 02:35 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Bright One will make him earn it.
that is ridiculous. Bernandini will beat Bright One(if no White Mercedes) by between 6-9 lengths, maybe even more
Old 07-28-2006, 02:37 PM
Randwyck

As for the Jim Dandy, it looks like it will be run on a very sloppy track, since reports are that it's pouring at Saratoga........sigh. That changes the whole complexion of the race since we have no idea how Bernardini will handle a sloppy track. Ugh - this is so frustrating. I've waited weeks for this (not to mention, Bernardini's connections have, for reasons other than just wanting to win another race) and we can't even get a fast track. Now I'm going to cross my fingers.
Old 07-28-2006, 02:43 PM
Saratoga

It is suppose to rain tonight, that doesn't mean sloppy track for tomorrow, by any means
Old 07-28-2006, 02:44 PM
boldruler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy
As for the Jim Dandy, it looks like it will be run on a very sloppy track, since reports are that it's pouring at Saratoga........sigh. That changes the whole complexion of the race since we have no idea how Bernardini will handle a sloppy track. Ugh - this is so frustrating. I've waited weeks for this (not to mention, Bernardini's connections have, for reasons other than just wanting to win another race) and we can't even get a fast track. Now I'm going to cross my fingers.

Track will be lightning fast. 90-95 degrees and sunny tomorrow.
Old 07-28-2006, 03:06 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

I remember the night before the Alabama last year it poured like you wouldn't believe. It was 80's the next day in Toga, and the track was barely upgraded to wet/fast before like the 8th race that day.

Back to the Haskell....what are you trying to say, Scavs, that Monmouth is a speed favoring track? I don't think Roman Ruler was a speed horse, by no means was he a speed horse.
Old 07-28-2006, 03:24 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by slotdirt
I remember the night before the Alabama last year it poured like you wouldn't believe. It was 80's the next day in Toga, and the track was barely upgraded to wet/fast before like the 8th race that day.

Back to the Haskell....what are you trying to say, Scavs, that Monmouth is a speed favoring track? I don't think Roman Ruler was a speed horse, by no means was he a speed horse.
he was a speed horse, his big wins were on or near the lead....Bernandini would not win the Haskell if he went there. I can't wait to bet against Sinister Minister there either, regardless of the speed bias, that horse is still cooked from Keeneland
Old 07-28-2006, 07:36 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Those two horses are so much the best, it's ridiculous, but I respect you taking a stand..