Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-13-2016, 11:53 AM
Havre de Grace

Default The Big A- march madness tourney committee

I guess all these 6 hoss fields narrow it down . It's pathetic . Why even bother

Last edited by Alabama Stakes : 03-13-2016 at 05:54 PM.
Old 03-13-2016, 01:08 PM
Steve Byk

So take advantage. If you bothered in the 5x7x7x7x7 P5 sequence yesterday like ATR listener Jeff Davis, you could have hit it for $1.50 to the tune of $9,912. He used Nick Tammaro's opinions offered on air and added $79 Metaurus. (The .50 play returned $3,304).
Old 03-13-2016, 01:38 PM
Havre de Grace

So true .
With all the good info out here , I should never complain again . My bad. No more posting before wake and bake .
Thread should have said ..., I loved Mor Spirits race yesterday . Despite a lousy trip he showed good energy . I think he moves forward
Old 03-13-2016, 05:56 PM
Havre de Grace

Michigan ? Tulsa ?Vandy? The Cuse ? Idiots

Monmouth, valproate, st Mary's , San Diego st ..... Should be in
Old 03-13-2016, 05:58 PM
"The Kentucky Killing Machine"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept View Post
So take advantage. If you bothered in the 5x7x7x7x7 P5 sequence yesterday like ATR listener Jeff Davis, you could have hit it for $1.50 to the tune of $9,912. He used Nick Tammaro's opinions offered on air and added $79 Metaurus. (The .50 play returned $3,304).
Old 03-13-2016, 06:20 PM
Havre de Grace

Default On second thought

I guess when you ADD a $79 hoss to anything it will pay .
I'm sure you can't wait to have at the pick 5 with 5 6 hoss fields boss.
do i look like I just got off a boat ?
Old 03-13-2016, 06:42 PM
"The Kentucky Killing Machine"

i hit the pick 5 at aq on foy day down at gulfstream it paid 3600 for 50 c on a 48 buck ticket stop beefing..
Old 03-13-2016, 06:52 PM
Havre de Grace

Redboard
Old 03-13-2016, 06:53 PM
Flemington

Turco Bravo would not be denied, again.
Old 03-13-2016, 07:32 PM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabama Stakes View Post
Redboard
Not so much. I was with him at Gulfstream that day.. and when he picked up the check for everyone at Frank & Dino's that night.
Old 03-13-2016, 07:37 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoovesupsideyourhead View Post
i hit the pick 5 at aq on foy day down at gulfstream it paid 3600 for 50 c on a 48 buck ticket stop beefing..
Nice hit broski.
Old 03-13-2016, 10:03 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Not so much. I was with him at Gulfstream that day.. and when he picked up the check for everyone at Frank & Dino's that night.
I'm glad he hit it. Just frustrated .

With the short fields ... It's tough to get excited . Kind of like thinking you're gonna be nailing some dog and end up getting sweaty with miss America , but not knowing till after you came ....
Old 03-14-2016, 03:59 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabama Stakes View Post
I'm glad he hit it. Just frustrated .

With the short fields ... It's tough to get excited . Kind of like thinking you're gonna be nailing some dog and end up getting sweaty with miss America , but not knowing till after you came ....
You kind of went for it there.
Old 03-14-2016, 07:20 AM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Sometimes acknowledging the racing has been suspect isnt a bad thing. To be fair racing in general its been sub par. That doesn't mean you cant win a jackpot or listen to Nick Andy David Aragona or whomever and cash
Old 03-14-2016, 07:54 AM
Lincoln Fields

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddymo View Post
Sometimes acknowledging the racing has been suspect isnt a bad thing. To be fair racing in general its been sub par. That doesn't mean you cant win a jackpot or listen to Nick Andy David Aragona or whomever and cash
Nice day for David yesterday with multiple winners, including longshot Turco Bravo.
Old 03-14-2016, 12:40 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Goer Otis View Post
Nice day for David yesterday with multiple winners, including longshot Turco Bravo.
David has been VERY hot
Old 03-14-2016, 12:55 PM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddymo View Post
Hard to meet your exacting standards Freddy. The cards I've looked at all winter have invariably had no shortage of bettable sequences. The P5 is always playable because of the construction and pricing and then the late P4 has regularly had good numbers in terms of combinations. Not sure what you've been watching to declare the winter season suspect.
Old 03-14-2016, 01:24 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Hard to meet your exacting standards Freddy. The cards I've looked at all winter have invariably had no shortage of bettable sequences. The P5 is always playable because of the construction and pricing and then the late P4 has regularly had good numbers in terms of combinations. Not sure what you've been watching to declare the winter season suspect.
I think its been a rough winter and once KP opens it typically gets worse. Not everyone bets pick 4/5's, so using that as a benchmark is not ok.. Many people still play horizontally and those players have far less opportunity.. Certainly not blaming anyone at NYRA I am sure they would love to card great races but even with Parx on a break there has not been a increase in fields. Most races with a 40k plus purse seem to attract less then 8 which seems counter intuitive. Maybe Laurel has hurt more then a Parx closing helped. It has not been a strong meet IMO and has not been in years. Oddly its my favorite.
Old 03-14-2016, 03:21 PM
Pimlico

Quote:
Originally Posted by herkhorse View Post
Turco Bravo would not be denied, again.

Race set up perfect for Turco Bravo. I liked the 1, needed him for a big double as I had the 16-1 the race before. Big A to me gets more frustrating as the winter meet goes on, fields get thinner before many horses head back North. Hopefully they get on the grass early this year. I had a great January been horrible since
Old 03-17-2016, 01:09 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Duessy of a card today