Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > The Steve Dellinger Discourse Den
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-23-2006, 09:53 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalakhani
lets make it clear that the Israeli army is basically a branch of the US military. Lets make that clear. a couple of billion a year over the last fifty will give you some pretty sweet little gadgets.

I love how someone who claims to be "further left than anyone on this forum" speaks of war as if it is some kind of sporting contest. I love how someone who claims to want to "compare IQ scores" could come across as being so utterly ignorant.
I don't think that there is any contradiction about someone who leans left being a strong supporter of Israel. It's basically a non-partisan issue. Israel has strong bi-partisan support in both the House and the Senate.
With regard to your contention that some people sound like they are pro-war, nobody likes war, but there isn't any alternative when you're dealing with terrorists.
Old 07-23-2006, 09:55 PM
Bold Brooklynite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie Porter
I think the op Olmert is running (giving the IDF and the IAF Generals the dice) has been FLAWLESS.
I'll cede to you, johnny-on-the-spot ... and hope and pray that you're right.

By the way ... you may have noticed that Fupeg is back on the scene with her record machine ... claiming to be your favorite piece of assistant.

That's only because things are so excruciatingly boring over at that other forum ... that her middlingly creative mind is screaming for a satisfactory outlet ...

... which she can only find by trailing us around.

If only she were smart enough to recognize that we're her natural allies and mentors ... she'd have a much, much happier life. Oh Fu ... Fu ... Fu ... you've made such bad choices of "friends" ... please pray to God to give you the gift of a bit more wisdom.
Old 07-24-2006, 01:02 AM
Sunshine Park

Quote:
Got a feelin my 2nd favorite poster is hittin the bottle agin. Previously when she was trolling around back of my tail she would not have made such a dumb and humiliating error.

As far as nulear fallout, we have the most sophisticated nuclear arsenal in the world (YES that includes the US). Today's weaponary is clean enough so that no matter what the wind conditions Israel would go untouched after strikes on Damascus and Tehran.. Even a drunk like fupeg would still take a long look at the wheather before deployment of such ordinance just to be on "the side of the angels".

In keeping the record straight, although I am eccstatically happy, impressed and amazed by the job Olmert is doing, I did not vote for him. I voted for Bibi. As a last fact, I have never met, nor talked to the man, although I would be honored to do so.

Going on the record one last time, Olmert made one gross MISCALCULATION. He said we would bomb Lebanon back into the early 80's.
Had he calculated correctly he would have said the early 1940's.
Boss-

You always have the answers. Ive learned so much from you! The WORLD has learned so much from you. Just think- it wasnt until today that i find out that Israel has more advanced Nuclear capability than the US. Those secret underground facilities and their single reactor would definitely trump anything the US may have. i mean,the US has only been making nuclear weapons since before Israel was even in existance. Israeli nuclear technology was only MOSTLY borrowed from the US so it only figures that they would have a more sophisticated arsenal. Hey, maybe thats why they didnt sign the NPT. One step ahead as always boss. One step ahead.

And as far as fallout travelling, how would they know? How would they be able to test it? And if they did test it, wouldnt that be...illegal?????? Damascus is a little more than 100 miles from Jerusalem (of course- you knew that) so there isnt a chance with all of that sophisticated, untested technology that it could possibly travel that far or even to other places. You are right again boss...right again.

Yes, now i know why Olmert listens to you. Your war strategy is absolutely brilliant! Napolean salutes you from his grave.
Old 07-24-2006, 08:10 AM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assttodixie
Boss-

You always have the answers. Ive learned so much from you! The WORLD has learned so much from you. Just think- it wasnt until today that i find out that Israel has more advanced Nuclear capability than the US. Those secret underground facilities and their single reactor would definitely trump anything the US may have. i mean,the US has only been making nuclear weapons since before Israel was even in existance. Israeli nuclear technology was only MOSTLY borrowed from the US so it only figures that they would have a more sophisticated arsenal. Hey, maybe thats why they didnt sign the NPT. One step ahead as always boss. One step ahead.

And as far as fallout travelling, how would they know? How would they be able to test it? And if they did test it, wouldnt that be...illegal?????? Damascus is a little more than 100 miles from Jerusalem (of course- you knew that) so there isnt a chance with all of that sophisticated, untested technology that it could possibly travel that far or even to other places. You are right again boss...right again.

Yes, now i know why Olmert listens to you. Your war strategy is absolutely brilliant! Napolean salutes you from his grave.
That is news to me that "Israeli nuclear technology was mostly borrowed from the US". I know I shouldn't doubt you after reading all of your brilliant posts, but what is your source on that information?
Old 07-24-2006, 09:31 AM
boldruler

Why does anyone care about Israel or Lebanon? Neither has anything to offer the world. They could blow each other up and nothing would happen. There is no oil there and the people are all religious nuts. They don't even have good horse racing there. I would love to see both blow themselves up so we could get back to following the war that OUR COUNTRY is involved with.
Old 07-24-2006, 09:34 AM
Bold Brooklynite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert Pupkin
That is news to me that "Israeli nuclear technology was mostly borrowed from the US". I know I shouldn't doubt you after reading all of your brilliant posts, but what is your source on that information?
Her source?

Dixie already told us ...

... it's that bottle of hooch she keeps hidden under the trailer.
Old 07-24-2006, 09:39 AM
Bold Brooklynite

Quote:
Originally Posted by boldruler
Why does anyone care about Israel or Lebanon? Neither has anything to offer the world. They could blow each other up and nothing would happen. There is no oil there and the people are all religious nuts. They don't even have good horse racing there. I would love to see both blow themselves up so we could get back to following the war that OUR COUNTRY is involved with.
Sorry, kid ... it's the SAME war ...

... and Israel is on OUR side.

It's very interesting that you consider human beings to be expendable if they're religious. You didn't really mean to say that ... did you?

And as far as good horse racing goes ... all thoroughbreds descend from Middle Eastern horses ... even Bold Ruler ... whose father ... by the way ... was bred by the Aga Khan.
Old 07-24-2006, 09:44 AM
Sunshine Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert Pupkin
First of all Mr. pumpkin, im not the brilliant one, Dixie is. The only brilliance ive shown is going to work for such a brilliant man. I have the best job in the world. Dixie is not only a world class horse trainer, poker player and socialite-he is now the behind the scenes defense minister/war planner/foreign policy maker in Israel.

Now, to answer your question (and i hope the boss doesnt mind me speaking out of school. this is really classified stuff here), it is common knowledge where Israel got its Nuclear technology. If it is news to you, then this probably wont be a very fruitful exchange for me but I'll humor you anyway. French Scientists working on the Manhattan project were "allowed" to give the technology to Israel. Furthermore, one Israeli scientist actually worked in Los Alamos. That is the basis for the entire program.

And it goes on through the years. Before US technology for missile delivery, Israel borrowed US technology to deliver the bomb via plane. Do you know what Kryton switches are? Have you ever heard of Richard Smith? Jericho missiles? Heavy water?

I dont know the answers to any of the questions that ive just asked you but the Boss does. He's the real genius here. He was actually on the manhattan project at the tender age of 3.
Old 07-24-2006, 09:49 AM
Bold Brooklynite

Quote:
I dont know the answers to any of the questions that ive just asked you but the Boss does. He's the real genius here. He was actually on the manhattan project at the tender age of 3.
You know darn well ... that Dixie was already a 6YO when Dr. Fermi brought him along as an advisor.

You lose whatever little credibility you have left when you expect people to believe that a 3YO could be a nuclear weapons advisor.
Old 07-24-2006, 09:54 AM
Sunshine Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bold Brooklynite
You know darn well ... that Dixie was already a 6YO when Dr. Fermi brought him along as an advisor.

You lose whatever little credibility you have left when you expect people to believe that a 3YO could be a nuclear weapons advisor.
There goes my memory again! Boss is going to kill me. Yes, he was 6 and in between studying pedigrees and developing the training methods used by BA Jones, Dixie had a HUGE hand in developing the bomb.
Old 07-24-2006, 09:59 AM
Del Mar

Quote:
First of all Mr. pumpkin, im not the brilliant one, Dixie is. The only brilliance ive shown is going to work for such a brilliant man. I have the best job in the world. Dixie is not only a world class horse trainer, poker player and socialite-he is now the behind the scenes defense minister/war planner/foreign policy maker in Israel.

Now, to answer your question (and i hope the boss doesnt mind me speaking out of school. this is really classified stuff here), it is common knowledge where Israel got its Nuclear technology. If it is news to you, then this probably wont be a very fruitful exchange for me but I'll humor you anyway. French Scientists working on the Manhattan project were "allowed" to give the technology to Israel. Furthermore, one Israeli scientist actually worked in Los Alamos. That is the basis for the entire program.

And it goes on through the years. Before US technology for missile delivery, Israel borrowed US technology to deliver the bomb via plane. Do you know what Kryton switches are? Have you ever heard of Richard Smith? Jericho missiles? Heavy water?

I've read the same pieces that you have. I would hardly say that Israel got their nuclear technology from the US. Israel has some of the best scientists in the world. As you said, one of them even did some work at Los Alamos.
Old 07-24-2006, 10:28 AM
boldruler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bold Brooklynite
Sorry, kid ... it's the SAME war ...

... and Israel is on OUR side.

It's very interesting that you consider human beings to be expendable if they're religious. You didn't really mean to say that ... did you?

And as far as good horse racing goes ... all thoroughbreds descend from Middle Eastern horses ... even Bold Ruler ... whose father ... by the way ... was bred by the Aga Khan.
Same war? What world do you live in? Last I checked the US was in a real war where tens of thousands of troops have died and been injured. This little conflict in Israel/Lebanon is like two little annoying kids fighting. The problem is that it is my tax dollar paying for it. These crazy backwards religious groups and countries have been fighting for thousands of years.

Israel in not on OUR side. Israel is on Israel's side. They are a strategic liability to the United States. All we need from the Middle East is oil and they have none. I think they should defend themselves and do whatever they have to do, but not with my tax dollar. If they weren't such wimps they would have dealt with this problem long ago with their own money. There are plenty of americans that are poor and plenty of other needs our country has than giving billions to all of these backwards Middle Eastern countries, of which Israel is one. All these countries in the Middle East live in the Stone Age. No rational human being can believe the religious garbage that comes out of orthodox religious people, which are the types that run these countries. How can you take a country seriously that shuts down one day a week? The symbol of their country is a religious symbol. No country that wants to be taken seriously can have that. The only thing Israel has going for it is that it is not nearly as backwards as the religious nutjobs that surround it.

I think people like you need to ask yourself if you first allegiance is to America or another country. This dual citizenship garbage is nonsense.

Last edited by boldruler : 07-24-2006 at 10:39 AM.
Old 07-24-2006, 01:21 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
You hopelesly ignorant PIG.

The majority of Isreal is secular. I myself am an aetheist who beileves "reliigon is the opium of the people". Less than 10 per cent of this country is orthodox (they do make a lot of noise unfortunately).

I would personally like to grab you my the throat and shove your tax dollars up your a$$ before I tore out your guts.

I have dual citizenship and welcome the chance to meet you in person.
lol.

Dirty words at 20 paces.

I'll fight you and one foot.

I'll fight you with one paw tied behind my back.

I'll fight you with one eye closed.

Why, I oughta....

What a clown.

as salaam alaykium
Old 07-24-2006, 01:29 PM
boldruler

Quote:

The majority of Isreal is secular. I myself am an aetheist who beileves "reliigon is the opium of the people". Less than 10 per cent of this country is orthodox (they do make a lot of noise unfortunately).

I would personally like to grab you my the throat and shove your tax dollars up your a$$ before I tore out your guts.

You are a coward, just like your countrymen in Israel. I am a deist, just like the people that founded "my country", although I really don't consider it your country considering you loyalties seem to be mixed. Israel beats up on poor people with my tax dollar and then they are too big of cowards to go and fight with the terrorists face to face so they bomb innocent people. That is the act of cowards.

I much rather have my tax dollar going to help people that are victims of somthing like Hurricane Katrina than to some countries that live in the Stone Age.

If less than 10% of "your country" is orthodox why do they have a star of david on your flag?

Here is Pat Buchanans piece on your site Townhall.com. THE LAST SENTENCE SUMS IT UP FOR ME. No, Kenny boy, we are not "all Israelis." "Some of us still think of ourselves as Americans, first, last, and always . And, no, Mr. Kristol, this is not "our war." It's your war."

http://www.townhall.com/columnists/P...is_not_our_war

Today, we are all Israelis!" brayed Ken Mehlman of the Republican National Committee to a gathering of Christians United for Israel.

One wonders if these Christians care about what is happening to our Christian brethren in Lebanon and Gaza, who have had all power cut off by Israeli air strikes, an outlawed form of collective punishment, that has left them with no sanitation, rotting food, impure water and days without light or electricity in the horrible heat of July.

When summer power outages occur in America, it means a rising rate of death among our sick and elderly, and women and infants. One can only imagine what a hell it must be today in Gaza City and Beirut.

But all this carnage and destruction has only piqued the blood lust of the hairy-chested warriors at The Weekly Standard. In a signed editorial, "It's Our War," William Kristol calls for America to play her rightful role in this war by "countering this act of aggression by Iran with a military strike against Iranian nuclear facilities. Why wait?"

"Why wait?" Well, one reason is that the United States has not been attacked. A second is a small thing called the Constitution. Where does George W. Bush get the authority to launch a war on Iran? When did Congress declare war or authorize a war on Iran?

Answer: It never did. But these neoconservatives care no more about the Constitution than they cared about the truth when they lied into war in Iraq.

"Why wait?" How about thinking of the fate of those 25,000 Americans in Lebanon if we launch an unprovoked war on Iran. How many would wind up dead or hostages of Hezbollah, if Iran gave the order to retaliate for the slaughter of their citizens by U.S. bombs? What would happen to the 130,000 U.S. troops in Iraq, if Shi'ites and Iranian "volunteers" joined forces to exact revenge on our soldiers?

What about America? Richard Armitage, who did four tours in Nam and knows a bit about war, says that, in its ability to attack Western targets, al Qaeda is the B team, Hezbollah the A Team. If Bush bombs Iran, what prevents Hezbollah from launching retaliatory attacks inside the United States? None of this is written in defense of Hamas, Hezbollah or Iran.

But none of them has attacked our country, nor has Syria, whom Bush I made an ally in the Gulf War, and to whom the most decorated soldier in Israeli history, Ehud Barak, offered 99 percent of the Golan Heights. If Nixon, Bush I and Clinton could deal with Hafez al-Assad, a tougher customer than son Bashar, what is the matter with George W. Bush?

The last superpower is impotent in this war because we have allowed Israel to dictate to whom we may and may not talk. Thus, Bush winds up cussing in frustration in St. Petersburg that somebody should tell the Syrians to stop it. Why not pick up the phone, Mr. President?

What is Kristol's moral and legal ground for a war on Iran? It is the "Iranian act of aggression" against Israel, and that Iran is on the road to nuclear weapons, and we can't have that.

But there is no evidence Iran has any tighter control over Hezbollah than we have over Israel, whose response to the capture of two soldiers had all the spontaneity of the Schlieffen Plan. And, again, Hezbollah attacked Israel, not us. And there is no solid proof Iran is in violation of the nuclear non-proliferation treaty, which it has signed, but Israel refuses to sign.

If Iran's nuclear program justifies war, why cannot the neocons make that case in the constitutional way, instead of prodding Bush to launch a Pearl Harbor attack? Do they fear they have no credibility left after pushing Bush into this bloody quagmire in Iraq that has cost almost 2,600 dead and 18,000 wounded Americans?

No, Kenny boy, we are not "all Israelis." Some of us still think of ourselves as Americans, first, last, and always . And, no, Mr. Kristol, this is not "our war." It's your war.

Last edited by boldruler : 07-24-2006 at 01:59 PM.
Old 07-24-2006, 02:55 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
You are a coward, just like your countrymen in Israel. I am a deist, just like the people that founded "my country", although I really don't consider it your country considering you loyalties seem to be mixed. Israel beats up on poor people with my tax dollar and then they are too big of cowards to go and fight with the terrorists face to face so they bomb innocent people. That is the act of cowards.

I much rather have my tax dollar going to help people that are victims of somthing like Hurricane Katrina than to some countries that live in the Stone Age.

If less than 10% of "your country" is orthodox why do they have a star of david on your flag?

Here is Pat Buchanans piece on your site Townhall.com. THE LAST SENTENCE SUMS IT UP FOR ME. No, Kenny boy, we are not "all Israelis." "Some of us still think of ourselves as Americans, first, last, and always . And, no, Mr. Kristol, this is not "our war." It's your war."

http://www.townhall.com/columnists/P...is_not_our_war

Today, we are all Israelis!" brayed Ken Mehlman of the Republican National Committee to a gathering of Christians United for Israel.

One wonders if these Christians care about what is happening to our Christian brethren in Lebanon and Gaza, who have had all power cut off by Israeli air strikes, an outlawed form of collective punishment, that has left them with no sanitation, rotting food, impure water and days without light or electricity in the horrible heat of July.

When summer power outages occur in America, it means a rising rate of death among our sick and elderly, and women and infants. One can only imagine what a hell it must be today in Gaza City and Beirut.

But all this carnage and destruction has only piqued the blood lust of the hairy-chested warriors at The Weekly Standard. In a signed editorial, "It's Our War," William Kristol calls for America to play her rightful role in this war by "countering this act of aggression by Iran with a military strike against Iranian nuclear facilities. Why wait?"

"Why wait?" Well, one reason is that the United States has not been attacked. A second is a small thing called the Constitution. Where does George W. Bush get the authority to launch a war on Iran? When did Congress declare war or authorize a war on Iran?

Answer: It never did. But these neoconservatives care no more about the Constitution than they cared about the truth when they lied into war in Iraq.

"Why wait?" How about thinking of the fate of those 25,000 Americans in Lebanon if we launch an unprovoked war on Iran. How many would wind up dead or hostages of Hezbollah, if Iran gave the order to retaliate for the slaughter of their citizens by U.S. bombs? What would happen to the 130,000 U.S. troops in Iraq, if Shi'ites and Iranian "volunteers" joined forces to exact revenge on our soldiers?

What about America? Richard Armitage, who did four tours in Nam and knows a bit about war, says that, in its ability to attack Western targets, al Qaeda is the B team, Hezbollah the A Team. If Bush bombs Iran, what prevents Hezbollah from launching retaliatory attacks inside the United States? None of this is written in defense of Hamas, Hezbollah or Iran.

But none of them has attacked our country, nor has Syria, whom Bush I made an ally in the Gulf War, and to whom the most decorated soldier in Israeli history, Ehud Barak, offered 99 percent of the Golan Heights. If Nixon, Bush I and Clinton could deal with Hafez al-Assad, a tougher customer than son Bashar, what is the matter with George W. Bush?

The last superpower is impotent in this war because we have allowed Israel to dictate to whom we may and may not talk. Thus, Bush winds up cussing in frustration in St. Petersburg that somebody should tell the Syrians to stop it. Why not pick up the phone, Mr. President?

What is Kristol's moral and legal ground for a war on Iran? It is the "Iranian act of aggression" against Israel, and that Iran is on the road to nuclear weapons, and we can't have that.

But there is no evidence Iran has any tighter control over Hezbollah than we have over Israel, whose response to the capture of two soldiers had all the spontaneity of the Schlieffen Plan. And, again, Hezbollah attacked Israel, not us. And there is no solid proof Iran is in violation of the nuclear non-proliferation treaty, which it has signed, but Israel refuses to sign.

If Iran's nuclear program justifies war, why cannot the neocons make that case in the constitutional way, instead of prodding Bush to launch a Pearl Harbor attack? Do they fear they have no credibility left after pushing Bush into this bloody quagmire in Iraq that has cost almost 2,600 dead and 18,000 wounded Americans?

No, Kenny boy, we are not "all Israelis." Some of us still think of ourselves as Americans, first, last, and always . And, no, Mr. Kristol, this is not "our war." It's your war.
That is the best piece of writing i have seen on here. Thank you very much for a well thought out, well written piece of work.
Old 07-24-2006, 03:01 PM
Del Mar

Quote:

do you have any idea how incredibly dumb you look? First of all, the quote goes "Religion is the opiate of the masses" you uneducated fool. Secondly, its interesting that such a devout right winger would steal a quote from Karl Marx. LOL

Just brilliant.
Old 07-24-2006, 03:05 PM
Del Mar

[quote=boldruler]You are a coward, just like your countrymen in Israel. I am a deist, just like the people that founded "my country", although I really don't consider it your country considering you loyalties seem to be mixed. Israel beats up on poor people with my tax dollar and then they are too big of cowards to go and fight with the terrorists face to face so they bomb innocent people. That is the act of cowards."

I've heard Israel called a lot of things, but cowards is a new one. I've never heard that one before. Israelis are considered the bravest fighters in the world. Look at all the wars they have endured over the last 50 years. They have been attacked time and time again, sometimes by many of the Arab countries all at once. They are far from cowards. They are as brave as they come.
As to your contention that they should fight the terrorists face to face, what do you think they are doing right now? Thousands of Israelis troops have crossed into Lebanon to fight the terrorists face to face. The cowards are the terrorists who will shoot at you and then go hide in a crowded neighborhood which basically ensures that innocent civilians will get killed. The United States and Israel both go out of their way to avoid civilian casualties. Both countries do everything in their power to minimize civilian casualties.
Old 07-24-2006, 03:14 PM
Del Mar

[quote=Rupert Pupkin]
Quote:
You are a coward, just like your countrymen in Israel. I am a deist, just like the people that founded "my country", although I really don't consider it your country considering you loyalties seem to be mixed. Israel beats up on poor people with my tax dollar and then they are too big of cowards to go and fight with the terrorists face to face so they bomb innocent people. That is the act of cowards."

I've heard Israel called a lot of things, but cowards is a new one. I've never heard that one before. Israelis are considered the bravest fighters in the world. Look at all the wars they have endured over the last 50 years. They have been attacked time and time again, sometimes by many of the Arab countries all at once. They are far from cowards. They are as brave as they come.
As to your contention that they should fight the terrorists face to face, what do you think they are doing right now? Thousands of Israelis troops have crossed into Lebanon to fight the terrorists face to face. The cowards are the terrorists who will shoot at you and then go hide in a crowded neighborhood which basically ensures that innocent civilians will get killed. The United States and Israel both go out of their way to avoid civilian casualties. Both countries do everything in their power to minimize civilian casualties.
This is funnier than your defense of LITF. You follow propaganda and Fox news and you will be left with this version of "the truth". Ask that bus load of fleeing refugees that got killed by an Israeli (US) missile about "minimizing civillian casualties". Ask the North Vietnamese. Ask the Iraquis.
Old 07-24-2006, 03:19 PM
boldruler

[quote=Rupert Pupkin]
Quote:
You are a coward, just like your countrymen in Israel. I am a deist, just like the people that founded "my country", although I really don't consider it your country considering you loyalties seem to be mixed. Israel beats up on poor people with my tax dollar and then they are too big of cowards to go and fight with the terrorists face to face so they bomb innocent people. That is the act of cowards."

Israelis are considered the bravest fighters in the world? By who, Israelis? The US military would carve up them in two seconds. Half of their military is made up of 18yr old girls. They are like a single A baseball team and the US Military is the best in big leagues. Please stop comparing the US and Israel. It is a complete insult to the US Military. Our men and women are all over the world protecting people, taking care of tsunami victims, Katrina victims, etc. They go into foreign countries and risk their lives so others can have a better life. The Israeli military is a little military designed to protect itself and nothing else. If it wasn't for my tax dollar they wouldn't even have a military. Israel has every right to protect itself, just do it with their own money.
Old 07-24-2006, 03:27 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalakhani
do you have any idea how incredibly dumb you look? First of all, the quote goes "Religion is the opiate of the masses" you uneducated fool. Secondly, its interesting that such a devout right winger would steal a quote from Karl Marx. LOL

Just brilliant.
That is pretty ironic. He's quoting Karl Marx and you're quoting a right-winger like Pat Buchanan.