Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Stakes Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-16-2017, 10:04 PM
Steve Byk

Default 8/19 (SAR): Alabama (G1), Lake Placid (G2)

Old 08-16-2017, 11:36 PM
Oriental Park

Unchained Melody, if she can handle the distance, jogs on this biased track.
Old 08-17-2017, 08:25 AM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 pnt move up View Post
The 3 inside horses potentially have enough speed to secure the rail early.

Holy Helena's maiden win (i.e., her most recent dirt start), had 1/2 mile and 3/4 fractions comparable to every sprint on the card that day, including a 6f optional claimer $62.5K for older males. Her race was 8.5f and she dueled for the lead.

It Tiz Well has been sharp early as of late and has displayed CA-style sprint speed in the past. New Money Honey runs on dirt for the first time and with the rail draw may try to send to avoid dirt in the face. Many Medaglia D'Oros tend to be one-paced but blessed with natural speed and this filly is closely related to frontrunner Bohemian Lady and Any Given Saturday.
Old 08-17-2017, 09:49 AM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolloTomasi View Post
The 3 inside horses potentially have enough speed to secure the rail early.

Holy Helena's maiden win (i.e., her most recent dirt start), had 1/2 mile and 3/4 fractions comparable to every sprint on the card that day, including a 6f optional claimer $62.5K for older males. Her race was 8.5f and she dueled for the lead.

It Tiz Well has been sharp early as of late and has displayed CA-style sprint speed in the past. New Money Honey runs on dirt for the first time and with the rail draw may try to send to avoid dirt in the face. Many Medaglia D'Oros tend to be one-paced but blessed with natural speed and this filly is closely related to frontrunner Bohemian Lady and Any Given Saturday.
TF has her with a very clear lead, but you could be right with the riders finally figuring out that the inside is overpowering it may change things.
Old 08-17-2017, 05:48 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Im all 4,7.
Old 08-19-2017, 04:32 PM

Its Motts race.
Old 08-19-2017, 04:56 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHT2004 View Post
Its Motts race.
I bet the 3, Elate was better but it was the dream setup.

Did you hear she was intimidated in her last race? I heard Greg Wolf mention it 75 times the past week of telecasts.
Old 08-19-2017, 04:59 PM

Quote:
I bet the 3, Elate was better but it was the dream setup.

Did you hear she was intimidated in her last race? I heard Greg Wolf mention it 75 times the past week of telecasts.
Ive been a fan. I think her maiden win signaled she was very good, then a lot went wrong. Her last 2 feel like the real Elate.
Old 08-19-2017, 05:08 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHT2004 View Post
Ive been a fan. I think her maiden win signaled she was very good, then a lot went wrong. Her last 2 feel like the real Elate.
She is very good now, which is great.

I am likely, as someone who bets, going to be against her next out as she got a great trip and setup.

Also, what the hell was the ride on the 8, i made a small wager on her, and while she was never winning going 6 wide 6 wide at a mile and a quarter is never going to win anything, she actually rallied to be 5th which is nuts to me.
Old 08-20-2017, 12:40 AM
Ellis Park

Man,those Brendan Walsh horses always look good appearance wise,Proctor's Ledge was all the horse today...........Walsh is a very good horseman.
Proctor's Ledge has looked like new money since Lasix was added........a very nice type.
Old 08-20-2017, 12:45 AM
Ellis Park

Elate skated by a pretty nice one at the pole,she's getting real good.........I suppose the BC Distaff would be her long term goal ?
Well........that could be a major race if they all make it to the gate.
Old 08-20-2017, 09:00 PM
Oriental Park

Pretty funny exchange on Fridays preview of the Alabama between Andy and Paul.

Paul's handicapping has more than held up this meet, for all those that derided him, and he hasnt even had that much time to get to really know that circuit.
Old 08-20-2017, 11:37 PM
Ellis Park

Quote:

Paul's handicapping has more than held up this meet, for all those that derided him, and he hasnt even had that much time to get to really know that circuit.
PLD is sharp,knows his horses.
Solid handicapper.
Old 08-22-2017, 09:18 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
She did plenty of jogging, blew my $50 win bankroll builder bet on her on the same logic, didn't realize she was going to literally jog around the track.
Old 08-22-2017, 09:30 AM
Jerome Park

Quote:

Totally agree. It's a pleasure working with him.

What most people don't see is what a nice person he is and how he always has time for people, especially kids, that stop to speak to him.
Old 08-22-2017, 10:13 AM
Havre de Grace

He knows how to talk to kids from being a 4 time major league all-star. He also probably is nice to them and doesnt yell at them to go home and clean their room, because they're too young to be betting at the track.
Gotta give him credit for making it as a catcher at his size. You don't see many catchers that small. He must be tough as nails. I like him.

The channel 10 set at the fountain entrance is the biggest ****ing waste of prime space in history. They are almost never there. Who makes these decisions? Tear that sucker down. They basically have planted ugly bushes where hundreds sat and watched the hosses come on the track for years and years. Shade trees gone with none replanted is the most egregious of them all.
I like the Monday giveaway instead of Sunday. It makes for two better days, but putting the majority of the giveaway items at the top of the stretch instead of the big red spring makes for good exercise, but seems absurd. We met a lot of cool people this year as always. Also saw friends that we met up there in the late 80's early nineties and are still tight with. The beards are white and much less hair, but the great memories remain. Slipknot at Aikos tonight .