Old 01-26-2012, 10:13 AM
Goodwood

Speechless.
Old 01-26-2012, 10:26 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsmc View Post
Speechless.
Maybe there will be a bring back Raheem Morris campaign.....................
Old 01-26-2012, 11:20 AM
Belmont Park

You GOTTA be sh1tting me...

Did Rich Bisaccia even get an interview? This keeps going from bad to worse...

There are teams out there that have bigger problems than the Bucs - why is it so difficult for these owners to get their heads out of their aszes? Money? They clearly didn't want to spend Jeff Fisher money to get him (which I agree completely, 7 mil a year for a guy that has done nothing imo) but here we go again..taking another flyer to see if he sticks...
Old 01-26-2012, 01:01 PM
Flemington

Looks like it's a done deal.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d..._breaking_news
Old 01-26-2012, 01:55 PM
Dee Tee Stables

of the 7 new hires thus far in the nfl, SI has the bucs hire as the worst:

7. Greg Schiano, Buccaneers: The thing about Schiano (one that supporters of this move are citing already) is that he ran a very NFL-style system at Rutgers. That professional approach helped turn a dormant program into a moderate success — Rutgers had six winning seasons in the past seven years and currently holds a five-game bowl win streak.

Schiano, though, has not been a coach in the NFL since 1998 (defensive assistant in Chicago) and has a reputation for being a poor in-game decision maker.

This is a complete 180 from last week’s Tampa Bay courtship of Chip Kelly, which is both a good thing and a bad thing for the Bucs. Unlike some of these other hires, Schiano won’t do anything to excite the local fan base. He faces a long, tough road ahead. GRADE: D
Old 01-26-2012, 01:59 PM
Belmont Park

Yay! Over/under is 3 years... Unless the Glaziers are getting envious of Danny Snyder's coaching carousel in DC.

I hope he works out - just have never been a big fan of his - 68-67 in 12 years against sub par teams; 28-48 in conference (which is weak as hell).

One good season (2006) in 12 years.

4 other seasons with barely winning records against out-of-conference tomato cans, and some of the most pathetic collegiate football programs in what was left of the Big East after the defections of Miami & Virginia Tech.

It was insane that he could not recruit better - his problem is that he's a hot head, and frankly his style is not going to work in the pros.

Hope I get to eat these words...
Old 01-26-2012, 02:02 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudeboyelvis View Post
Yay! Over/under is 3 years... Unless the Glaziers are getting envious of Danny Snyder's coaching carousel in DC.

I hope he works out - just have never been a big fan of his - 68-67 in 12 years against sub par teams; 28-48 in conference (which is weak as hell).

One good season (2006) in 12 years.

4 other seasons with barely winning records against out-of-conference tomato cans, and some of the most pathetic collegiate football programs in what was left of the Big East after the defections of Miami & Virginia Tech.

It was insane that he could not recruit better - his problem is that he's a hot head, and frankly his style is not going to work in the pros.

Hope I get to eat these words...
For some reason I see Schiano with the Bucs and it automatically makes me think of Mangini.
I just feel like he's in way over his head.
Old 01-26-2012, 02:55 PM
Belmont Park

I did nt think this guy could be the head coach for Bergen catholic or Don Bosco nevermind an NFL team. SCARY
Old 01-26-2012, 04:16 PM
Del Mar

I thought Mike Sherman had this job, following news of his 2nd interview. Was stunned when i saw the tweet about Schiano this morning! I would have sided with Sherman's experience in the league, and gone with him.
Old 01-26-2012, 08:26 PM
Belmont Park

Mike Sherman was a toss for me - he's proven he can't get it done. I just can't stop shaking my head at this decision - This guy had every opportunity to exploit the weak competition in the Big East for over a decade, and did squat. If you toss his first season, when he went 2-11... You make a case that he didn't have his recruits coupled with the fact that he had to face McNabb (Syracuse), Bulger (WV), and Vick (Va Tech). But then the competition falls off exponentially - he not only couldn't keep recruits in state, but couldn't secure a BCS bid with Ray Rice, in a division void of defense. 28-48 in 11 seasons against the Big East....And now is expected to magically transform the NFC South? Wow...
Old 01-27-2012, 04:18 AM
Goodwood

It really didn't matter who they hired. A Vince Lombardi/Bill Belichick love child couldn't win with this team. As long as the Glazers are siphoning money from the Bucs and pouring it into Manchester United, there will be no winning here.

$40+ million below the cap will not get you a winner in the NFL. Until the Glazers sell, nothing will change.
Old 01-27-2012, 05:12 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
It really didn't matter who they hired. A Vince Lombardi/Bill Belichick love child couldn't win with this team. As long as the Glazers are siphoning money from the Bucs and pouring it into Manchester United, there will be no winning here.

$40+ million below the cap will not get you a winner in the NFL. Until the Glazers sell, nothing will change.
Well the good news is in 2013 teams will be required to spend 89% of the cap

Damar Hamlin

Last edited by jms62 : 01-27-2012 at 07:09 AM. Reason: Wrong numbers the 99% number was League Avg
Old 01-27-2012, 09:33 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddymo View Post
I did nt think this guy could be the head coach for Bergen catholic or Don Bosco nevermind an NFL team. SCARY
Randolph? LOL!!
Old 01-27-2012, 10:11 AM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62 View Post
Well the good news is in 2013 teams will be required to spend 89% of the cap
Spending isn't their only problem, just their biggest one.

It doesn't matter if they do spend up to the cap, if they go on the cheap with their player personnel department, they will still flounder.

Incompetent front office leads to bad contracts.

The Glazers need to go, but they won't. Why would you sell off a guaranteed money maker? Their stadium lease is outstanding and the TV money is only going up.

Last edited by Bigsmc : 01-27-2012 at 01:45 PM.
Old 01-27-2012, 10:53 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Spending isn't their only problem, just their biggest one.

It doesn't matter if they do spend up to the cap, if they go on the cheap with their player personnel department, they will still flouder.

Incompetent front office leads to bad contracts.

The Glazers need to go, but they won't. Why would you sell off a guaranteed money maker? Their stadium lease is outstanding and the TV money is only going up.
Don't you think that since they are forced to spend up to the cap they will upgrade their personnel department? Surely a small investment compared to the many millions more they need to spend on players

Damar Hamlin