*Manatee (Tam): Rising Fever - Brz (C. Clement/D. Centeno) - 85
*Black Gold (FG): Turfiste (R. Holthus/H. Theriot II) - 85
*Correction (Aqu): Distorted Passion (T. Pletcher/R Maragh) - 83

*Wistful (Aqu): What a Pear (J. Parker/C. Hill) - 79
*California Oaks (GG): Will O Way (V. Cerin/R. Baze) - 77
*Rattlesnake (TuP): Hidden Bounty (B. Hone/W. Dieguez) - 73
Old 02-03-2009, 12:37 PM
Hialeah Park

Anyone happen to know what the Beyer was for Gatorette in the 10th on Sunday? I think me and Phil were guessing high 80s to 90 range. That was the most impressive performance of the weekend to me, especially when you consider Fawkes' record with first time starters.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:40 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Any info on what Rail Trip got on Friday?
Manila, Java Gold, Alysheba, Sunday Silence, Go for Wand, In Excess, Paseana, Kotashaan, Holy Bull, Cigar, Alphabet Soup, Formal Gold, Skip Away, Artax, Tiznow, Point Given, Azeri, Candy Ride, Smarty Jones, Ghostzapper, Invasor, Curlin, Zenyatta, Zenyatta, Goldikova, Havre de Grace, Wise Dan, Wise Dan, California Chrome, American Pharoah, Arrogate, Gun Runner, Accelerate, Maximum Security, Gamine
Old 02-03-2009, 12:43 PM
Jerome Park

If it had been a 110 it would have confirmed your suspicions that he is a super horse. Since it's a 99 it is obviously meaningless.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:43 PM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Glorious
Any info on what Rail Trip got on Friday?
Old 02-03-2009, 12:45 PM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperSB23
Anyone happen to know what the Beyer was for Gatorette in the 10th on Sunday? I think me and Phil were guessing high 80s to 90 range. That was the most impressive performance of the weekend to me, especially when you consider Fawkes' record with first time starters.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind

If it had been a 110 it would have confirmed your suspicions that he is a super horse. Since it's a 99 it is obviously meaningless.
Or maybe the Beyer doesn't do either for me and I was just asking out of curiousity. I've learned over the years to make my own judgements of horses and not rely on Andy Beyer to do it for me. I don't consider his opinion to be superior to mine.
Manila, Java Gold, Alysheba, Sunday Silence, Go for Wand, In Excess, Paseana, Kotashaan, Holy Bull, Cigar, Alphabet Soup, Formal Gold, Skip Away, Artax, Tiznow, Point Given, Azeri, Candy Ride, Smarty Jones, Ghostzapper, Invasor, Curlin, Zenyatta, Zenyatta, Goldikova, Havre de Grace, Wise Dan, Wise Dan, California Chrome, American Pharoah, Arrogate, Gun Runner, Accelerate, Maximum Security, Gamine
Old 02-03-2009, 01:07 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept
Thanks, not bad with a trainer that was like 0 for 39 with firsters in the last year.
Old 02-03-2009, 01:11 PM
Steve Byk

GP MSW/ALW FIGS FROM LAST WEEK

Take the Points 93
Echo in Eternity 79
Brave Victory 95
Elusive Heat 109
Cool Coal Man 106
Old 02-03-2009, 01:21 PM
Calder Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept
GP MSW/ALW FIGS FROM LAST WEEK

Take the Points 93

Take the Points was visually impressive. I'm waiting for the horse that came in 2nd, Masala, to come back in a similar spot.
Old 02-03-2009, 01:48 PM
Suffolk Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by robfla
Take the Points was visually impressive. I'm waiting for the horse that came in 2nd, Masala, to come back in a similar spot.
Wont he be 4-5 in a similar spot ?
Old 02-03-2009, 02:14 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Or maybe the Beyer doesn't do either for me and I was just asking out of curiousity. I've learned over the years to make my own judgements of horses and not rely on Andy Beyer to do it for me. I don't consider his opinion to be superior to mine.

First of all, the speed figures aren't really an opinion.

Secondly, you can consider yourself to be the smartest, handsomest, strongest, or whatever you want. Dream on. His opinion on horses, at least, is, in fact, superior to yours.
Old 02-03-2009, 02:18 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperSB23
Keeping a lookout for another horse in that race. I'm curious to see how Reggae Rose does moving forward. I dont think she'll turn into a top sprinter or anything, just one that I'm going to keep an eye on.
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 02-03-2009, 02:29 PM

Quote:
First of all, the speed figures aren't really an opinion.

Secondly, you can consider yourself to be the smartest, handsomest, strongest, or whatever you want. Dream on. His opinion on horses, at least, is, in fact, superior to yours.
You are welcome to believe what you want. But I think it's comical to say that his figures aren't opinions. If they aren't opinions, then everyone that uses his system would come up with the same numbers for each race. There wouldn't be decisions to be made on whether or not to split a variant or use a single one. There wouldn't be a need to use previous races or projections because if it was all cut and dried and no opinion was put into the equation, we'd all get the same number. The simple fact that all systems aren't the same means that there are differing opinions on what should go into a system to make it a good one.
Old 02-03-2009, 03:23 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
You are welcome to believe what you want. But I think it's comical to say that his figures aren't opinions. If they aren't opinions, then everyone that uses his system would come up with the same numbers for each race. There wouldn't be decisions to be made on whether or not to split a variant or use a single one. There wouldn't be a need to use previous races or projections because if it was all cut and dried and no opinion was put into the equation, we'd all get the same number. The simple fact that all systems aren't the same means that there are differing opinions on what should go into a system to make it a good one.

What is comical is your oversimplification of speed figures to suit whatever inane agenda you have. Of course there is opinion involved, however to suggest that they ARE opinions is to suggest that you don't understand speed figures and how they are made.

The simple fact is you wanted the number. When the number didn't verify your opinion about this horse you went off onto tangents. Not surprising.
Old 02-03-2009, 03:42 PM

Quote:
What is comical is your oversimplification of speed figures to suit whatever inane agenda you have. Of course there is opinion involved, however to suggest that they ARE opinions is to suggest that you don't understand speed figures and how they are made.

The simple fact is you wanted the number. When the number didn't verify your opinion about this horse you went off onto tangents. Not surprising.
Incredible. All I did was ask for the number. Before I could even type out a response, it was you that decided to make your comment about what it would mean to me. Then you say I went off on a tangent about it because it didn't verify anything? How do you even know what number I was looking for? Do you think I was looking for a 125 to make me feel good? It's silly of you to suggest that I was looking for any number in order to verify my opinion. I gave my opinion of him before knowing the number so if the number would have come back as a 200 or a 20, it wasn't going to change my opinion. Again, I don't look for Andy Beyer to verify what I believe in before I'll believe it.

It's incredible that someone as brilliant as you believe you are and that thinks everyone else is so incredibly stupid would take the time to even respond to us. Why do you waste your time? How nice of you to TELL ME what Beyer's number would mean to me and not letting me go through trying to figure it out for myself. You are such a wonderful man, despite what everyone else says about you.
Old 02-03-2009, 03:52 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Incredible. All I did was ask for the number. Before I could even type out a response, it was you that decided to make your comment about what it would mean to me. Then you say I went off on a tangent about it because it didn't verify anything? How do you even know what number I was looking for? Do you think I was looking for a 125 to make me feel good? It's silly of you to suggest that I was looking for any number in order to verify my opinion. I gave my opinion of him before knowing the number so if the number would have come back as a 200 or a 20, it wasn't going to change my opinion. Again, I don't look for Andy Beyer to verify what I believe in before I'll believe it.

It's incredible that someone as brilliant as you believe you are and that thinks everyone else is so incredibly stupid would take the time to even respond to us. Why do you waste your time? How nice of you to TELL ME what Beyer's number would mean to me and not letting me go through trying to figure it out for myself. You are such a wonderful man, despite what everyone else says about you.

Then why did you ask for the number if you didn't care?

As for the rest......it's easy for you to make lame remarks like that. Good luck.
Old 02-03-2009, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Then why did you ask for the number if you didn't care?

As for the rest......it's easy for you to make lame remarks like that. Good luck.
Because I wanted to know what it was. I have the right.
Old 02-03-2009, 04:16 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Because I wanted to know what it was. I have the right.

Me, I let my opinions do the talking. You defend your right to your opinions because the words they speak don't speak for themselves.
Old 02-03-2009, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Me, I let my opinions do the talking. You defend your right to your opinions because the words they speak don't speak for themselves.
I hope you are having fun.