Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-08-2010, 10:50 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by horseofcourse View Post
Maybe Suh is the backup scenario. It looked pretty natural to me, and he has a soccer background and he bombed the kick....looks like he can easily go 40 plus yards. It hit the upright. My guess is he could probably make 75 to 80 percent of them. Do you make 75 to 80 percent of 2 point conversions? I can't believe how much criticism this is getting. Welker kicked an extra point for NE and made it but didn't look as good as Suh's attempt. I'm pretty sure Schwartz put Suh out there not to be funny, but it was his best chance to make an extra point.
I said it was an obvious second guess. I don't remember what the score/scenario was when Welker made his kick.
I just can't believe that the defensive tackle is a better/#1 back up option to kick field goals over the punter.
Old 11-08-2010, 10:54 AM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716 View Post
I said it was an obvious second guess. I don't remember what the score/scenario was when Welker made his kick.
I just can't believe that the defensive tackle is a better/#1 back up option to kick field goals over the punter.
If it was the Eagles in the situation and Akers was out..

I'd sure as heck want Vick / McCoy / Jackson / Maclin going for 2 instead of Trent Cole kicking an extra point.
Old 11-08-2010, 10:55 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

I say again, would you rather have a guy who's never handled a snap before taking the kick, or have a guy who's kicked a field goal at some point in his life trying a PAT? I think Schwartz ended up making the right decision if he were going to go for the PAT, but perhaps going for two might have been the better overall choice. I still think the likelihood of Suh making that PAT is higher than the Lions converting for two points.

No matter, the Lions could have been up 10, 11, 12, or 20, they'd have still figure out a way to gift wrap that game for the Jets yesterday. That's how we roll.
Old 11-08-2010, 10:57 AM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by slotdirt View Post
I say again, would you rather have a guy who's never handled a snap before taking the kick, or have a guy who's kicked a field goal at some point in his life trying a PAT? I think Schwartz ended up making the right decision if he were going to go for the PAT, but perhaps going for two might have been the better overall choice. I still think the likelihood of Suh making that PAT is higher than the Lions converting for two points.

No matter, the Lions could have been up 10, 11, 12, or 20, they'd have still figure out a way to gift wrap that game for the Jets yesterday. That's how we roll.
Lions have some awesome offensive talent.. I thing 2 points in the option.

Unless Suh practices this PAT during the week. If he was going in cold and doesnt even practice the kicks.. you have to go for 2.

Does anyone know if he practices kicking?
Old 11-08-2010, 11:03 AM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebrady View Post
Congrats jets your tied with pats again! Yes we got beat up but don't forget cleveland is a much better team than you think. Lets see how you do this week against them. Remember they also beat the saints! So get off your high horse were tied again at 6-2. Its one loss what you gonna say if new england beats both pittsburgh and indy in the next 2 weeks? Especially when we beat you in foxboro!
What f'ing high horse? What the hell have any of us said since yesterday? Stop with the self-persecution you goddamn moron. And yeah, "WHAT R U GONNA SAY WHEN WE BEAT TWO TEAMS THAT R BETTER THAN US THEN BEET YOU JUST LIKE WE DIDNT IN WEEK 2" is a real sound argument.

Good luck with that you waste of space. Just remember that you serve absolutely no purpose here and leashes are real short around here right about now.
Old 11-08-2010, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Maybe Suh is the backup scenario. It looked pretty natural to me, and he has a soccer background and he bombed the kick....looks like he can easily go 40 plus yards. It hit the upright. My guess is he could probably make 75 to 80 percent of them. Do you make 75 to 80 percent of 2 point conversions? I can't believe how much criticism this is getting. Welker kicked an extra point for NE and made it but didn't look as good as Suh's attempt. I'm pretty sure Schwartz put Suh out there not to be funny, but it was his best chance to make an extra point.
You have an unbelievable ability to take 2-3 people discussing something on Derby Trail and blow it way out of proportion and make it seem like it's a huge bone of contention all over everywhere. Schwartz is getting way more criticism for throwing on 3rd down under 2 than for Suh kicking.
Old 11-08-2010, 11:35 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

^^^ Agreed. That being said, the Jets seemed destined to win in hindsight, so I'm not sure it would have mattered if Sanchez had 50-60 seconds or 1:50 or so.
Old 11-08-2010, 11:44 AM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid View Post
You have an unbelievable ability to take 2-3 people discussing something on Derby Trail and blow it way out of proportion and make it seem like it's a huge bone of contention all over everywhere. Schwartz is getting way more criticism for throwing on 3rd down under 2 than for Suh kicking.
My bad I guess. I should have just said I thought him kicking for the PAT was the right move. That said, I can't believe I am the sole person who types on here that blows stuff out of proportion. I'm not a very tough guy. I like dancing horses after all!
Old 11-10-2010, 06:04 PM
Delaware Park

Cool Stupid cry a little more and please grow up!

You know what stupid please grow up. Don't call me a moron man its really old how you cuss and think your opinion is always right. I was stating a fact you play cleveland next if you lose then your just like us. Your the one who should be on leash because all you do is bash everyones opinion. Oh and by the way bc ratings, attendance and wagering were all up. Hmmm could it possibly be because of zenyatta. The answer is yes! But you go on bashing her as not being a great horse! lol
Old 11-14-2010, 03:52 PM

Woo.
Old 11-14-2010, 04:20 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid View Post
Woo.
Good win today.
Old 11-14-2010, 04:34 PM
Santa Anita

I have to admit from halfway through the 2nd quarter until the last two minutes of the 4th quarter, the Jets dominated. A team hadn't done that to Cleveland in a while. fortunately, Folk kicked like a middle school kicker for Cleveland allowing Mccoy to get it to OT, then the ex Jet gave the Jets the game when the Browns were driving on their first OT possession. AFter that the Jets D started dominating again. Both Qbs were pretty impressive I thought.
Old 11-14-2010, 04:36 PM
Flemington

Quote:
I have to admit from halfway through the 2nd quarter until the last two minutes of the 4th quarter, the Jets dominated. A team hadn't done that to Cleveland in a while. fortunately, Folk kicked like a middle school kicker for Cleveland allowing Mccoy to get it to OT, then the ex Jet gave the Jets the game when the Browns were driving on their first OT possession. AFter that the Jets D started dominating again. Both Qbs were pretty impressive I thought.

Jets are finding ways to win, Im even impressed. I still think the AFC goes through Baltimore. I thought they played Huge in ATL on Thursday and Joey Ice seems to be stepping up.
Old 11-21-2010, 03:02 PM
Keeneland

That's the Jets I know...snatching defeat from the arms of victory.
Old 11-21-2010, 03:11 PM
Saratoga

wow
Old 11-21-2010, 03:12 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scav View Post
wow
unreal

#Grand
Old 11-21-2010, 03:12 PM
Keeneland