Old 04-10-2007, 11:16 AM
Santa Anita

Good Luck tomorrow for all..

#Grand
Old 04-10-2007, 11:22 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlJim78
Lets see how she measures up. It is an aggressive placement but certainly not unprecendented. Take a young well bred filly with a bit of natural speed, change up the training routine, and perhaps if she is relaxed and takes to the surface she could surprise a few people. Being off since January she may need a race or two anyway to reach her peak. Why not race her on the Keeneland lawn and get a sense of her current class and suitability to the surface.

I don't think that these connections are aiming to necessarily "strike at first asking". If they wanted to do that they could put her in a $20K N2L claimer at Mountaineer, after putting some bullet drills in her.

Rather I think the idea is to see if she can be developed perhaps gradually into something a little more special.
just my take.
I was just mulling over the race with the DRF and TGs, and she certainly seems up against it in here. Though, it sounded like there's room for improvement given the state Chuck said she was in when he got her. Sounded like she had some bad habits and was a little tough to manage. With some improvement, she still seems in over her head here, but I think it might not be as bad as it looks on paper potentially.
Old 04-10-2007, 11:23 AM
The Curragh

Default Where are you watching the Sumwon race?

I know that some of you are lucky enough to be making the trip to KEE for the race.

Where are the rest of us watching? Maybe an opportunity for some to root her on together.

A few of us will be going to Austin's Ale House in Kew Gardens Queens, NY. Good food, drink, TV's and OTB right in the bar... Anyone in the area is welcome to join us.

Best of luck to our girl tomorrow!
Old 04-10-2007, 11:26 AM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept
Pleasant comment by DRF Closer Look writer Bill Howard about SWLY tomorrow:

Sumwonlovesyou

Speedy filly has been in front after the opening quartermile in each of her last four races and is certainly the one to catch today; unfortunately the presence of Christies Treasure, Quiet Action and Nola Star will make the front end a rather busy place to be; gets a class test in addition to a turf test.

Well that is certainly a nice write up on her. He could have written worse, but then would have had to face the wrath of her owners!
Old 04-10-2007, 11:26 AM
Coach Pants

Unfortunately i'll be on the road and will miss the race. I'm sure it will be replayed on ATRAB though so it'll just be a slight delay for me.
Old 04-10-2007, 11:34 AM
Newmarket

No doubt Brian, she will be an underdog and is up against it.
When you have been running in mid level claimers and you move up to a Kee allowance, that is heady stuff. But I think it is encouraging that after the maiden win she moved up in price, ran against unrestricted claimers (not N2L), and stretched out, and finished second well clear of the third place horse after setting the fractions. I think she has shown a bit of talent, and the class test is warranted.

Also, I just think its a great venue to debut the partnership.
Old 04-10-2007, 11:41 AM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by citycat
I know you guys are having a blast with your first race with your first horse but from the outside looking in you might want to consider a more reasonable spot. True anything can happen when the gates open and I wish you luck.

Just the morning line odds should be a reminder of this. Asking a young horse to do not one but two new things (surface and distance) and the fierce competition at Keeneland will be alot to handle.
Check out these outclassed no hope horses

http://www.drf.com/drfHCPOnlineFileR...&file_type=pdf

http://www.drf.com/drfHCPOnlineFileR...&file_type=pdf
Old 04-10-2007, 11:48 AM
Hollywood Park

Links don't work, who were they?
Old 04-10-2007, 11:50 AM
Hollywood Park

Work. Hopefully on the KEE website. With a few friends...
Old 04-10-2007, 11:52 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

Work off the KEE site too.
Old 04-10-2007, 11:53 AM
Sha Tin

I cant link them so that you can see them but check out the first time I raced Fast City and Silks for Di and tell me if you thought that they had a shot.
Old 04-10-2007, 11:58 AM
Goodwood

Hotel room on Youbet.
Old 04-10-2007, 11:59 AM
Hollywood Park

I remember Fast City. Had some graded earnings....ran in the Jefferson Cup at Churchill, I might have been at that race. Nice.

Have many Came Home's been running on turf yet?
Old 04-10-2007, 12:07 PM
"The Kentucky Killing Machine"

Quote:
Originally Posted by citycat
I know you guys are having a blast with your first race with your first horse but from the outside looking in you might want to consider a more reasonable spot. True anything can happen when the gates open and I wish you luck.

Just the morning line odds should be a reminder of this. Asking a young horse to do not one but two new things (surface and distance) and the fierce competition at Keeneland will be alot to handle.
WHY DO YOU CARE..this is a good spot..will see whats what ...if the breeding comes through she will run well on the turf,,,if you dont like whats going on..go away...tired of the negitive posts about our girl.
Old 04-10-2007, 12:09 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by jman5581
I remember Fast City. Had some graded earnings....ran in the Jefferson Cup at Churchill, I might have been at that race. Nice.

Have many Came Home's been running on turf yet?
I'm not sure if anyone posted the links for the Brisnet Ultimate PP's but Came Home's turf stats would be on them.
Old 04-10-2007, 12:14 PM
Churchill Downs

Just started 'doing' this race for the Keeneland contest (I won it two years ago, did I tell you?) and discovered what this thread was about. According to the pedigree line in the BRIS PPs, Came Home has had 0% Turf winners, but he is, of course, a newby in the sire ranks. And mum was a G3 SW on turf, so one has to hope she takes after mum.

Amamzingly, when I looked at the PPs, I see that your filly was beaten last out by Delaware Debutante, who is currently owned by some friends from another board! Small world principle. DD has gone to CT so her owners can protect her in allowance races instead of risking her for a tag. They were really worried in that race that she'd be claimed but dodged a bullet.
Old 04-10-2007, 12:16 PM
Narragansett Park

Good luck to everyone involved. That said, I think it'll be better if she can rate a little bit.

Keep in mind, at the end of every race there is only one happy owner. There are nine people who are disappointed to one degree or another.

Last thought, as long as she actually "runs" and comes back sound it is a victory.
Old 04-10-2007, 12:20 PM
Narragansett Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoroughbred Fan
G

Keep in mind, at the end of every race there is only one happy owner. There are nine people who are disappointed to one degree or another.
In an allowance race with a $54k purse, sometimes you can be better off milking the condition two or three times before you win it. At $10k+ per second place finish, I wouldn't be disappointed at all running second a few times.....
Old 04-10-2007, 12:21 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jman5581
3rd as a maiden, paid for him with that purse. Also 2nd in Saranac at Saratoga.
Old 04-10-2007, 12:27 PM
Woodbine

Quote:
Originally Posted by phystech
In an allowance race with a $54k purse, sometimes you can be better off milking the condition two or three times before you win it. At $10k+ per second place finish, I wouldn't be disappointed at all running second a few times.....
I have a buddy who ran 2nd 9 times, made over 111K before he broke his maiden