Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > The Charles Hatton Reading Room
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-12-2007, 09:47 PM
Saratoga

Lake needs to get kicked in the balls and Cole needs to not only get kicked in the balls but also his teeth knocked out.

Hopefully people shut up and just claim the horse and retire him to Kentucky Horse Park, so it pisses Cole off.

And when Cole tries to buy him back, you make him sign a contract saying that this horse will not run in thoroghbred racing again.......
Old 02-12-2007, 09:59 PM
Randwyck

I'm just wondering if this a ploy to just rattle racing fans and to
bring attention to themselves (Lake and Cole). Then they
would eventually just scratch him out of the race.
Old 02-12-2007, 10:00 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by saucon17
I'm just wondering if this a ploy to just rattle racing fans and to
bring attention to themselves (Lake and Cole). Then they
would eventually just scratch him out of the race.
I doubt he runs, and if he runs, he will get claimed and retired, at least I hope
Old 02-12-2007, 10:54 PM
The Curragh

Default 90 seconds worth listening to.....

Should anybody want to hear how affected Mr Byk is by Coles decision to enter SYD at CT on Thursday in the 4 th race a $7500 claimer just listen to the last 2 minutes of ATRAB yesterday.

On ATRAB Monday besides bringing the entry of Shake You Down in Thursdays CT 4TH to light, Steve also reminded us of how self promoting Cole was last year about being passed over for an owners ECLIPSE nomination when he was a guest on ATRAB.

Byk's remarks about Cole's insane greedy plans for Shake You Down this Thursday night, highlighted the motivation of an ungrateful egocentric owner squeezing the last subpar performance possible from a loyal employee who has served master well and is more than deserving of a life without Scott Lake assistants treating him like another drone after a lengthy career that allows Cole and Lake to live like kings!!!!

Perhaps in farewell it would be more appropriate for Shake You Down to "moon" his present owner Thursday night in his final public appearance at Charles Town Racetrack. It's safe to say that a good look at the horses backside is about as close to an ECLIPSE award that Mr Cole will ever come.

Well done Byk.......if you need an increase in your blood pressure meds after that show just drop me a line.

DrDave
Old 02-13-2007, 09:45 AM
Narragansett Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scav
Lake needs to get kicked in the balls and Cole needs to not only get kicked in the balls but also his teeth knocked out.

Hopefully people shut up and just claim the horse and retire him to Kentucky Horse Park, so it pisses Cole off.

And when Cole tries to buy him back, you make him sign a contract saying that this horse will not run in thoroghbred racing again.......
No need for any contract, you just sell him back without papers. Then he cannot race.
Old 02-13-2007, 09:47 AM
top predator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoroughbred Fan
No need for any contract, you just sell him back without papers. Then he cannot race.
yeah but then he'll end up like all of michael Gill's former horses...on a double decker truck.
Old 02-13-2007, 09:50 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by paisjpq
yeah but then he'll end up like all of michael Gill's former horses...on a double decker truck.
You mean the Michael Gill who deserved the Eclipse for Outstanding Owner?
Old 02-13-2007, 09:51 AM
top predator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sightseek
You mean the Michael Gill who deserved the Eclipse for Outstanding Owner?
the one and only
Old 02-13-2007, 09:53 AM
Yearling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoroughbred Fan
Duplicate copies of a horses papers can be obtained/ purchased from the Jockey Club.

If you don't want the horse to race again, you don't sell it. Otherwise, it's the buyer's perogative.....

PT
Old 02-13-2007, 11:08 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by phystech
Duplicate copies of a horses papers can be obtained/ purchased from the Jockey Club.

If you don't want the horse to race again, you don't sell it. Otherwise, it's the buyer's perogative.....

PT
PT, I have heard that people that sell horses for retirement have created contracts where it is written to where the horse is not allowed to race anymore, thus a binding agreement. You could easily get a injunction(?) and force the horse to scratch if you had this contract as it would be legally binding.
Old 02-13-2007, 11:10 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

"Rick's Natural Star. Horse was tied to a tree overnight outside a motel on his way to a Breeders' Cup race. He finished last by the length of the homestretch."

I forget who did it but someone claimed Rick's Natural Star and retired him
for the good of the horse and the good of racing
Old 02-13-2007, 11:26 AM
Yearling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scav
PT, I have heard that people that sell horses for retirement have created contracts where it is written to where the horse is not allowed to race anymore, thus a binding agreement. You could easily get a injunction(?) and force the horse to scratch if you had this contract as it would be legally binding.
That makes a lot of sense so, indeed, a contract that specifically states the sale is not for racing purposes would probably hold water in a court of law.

I have seen it where a seller simply writes "NOT FOR RACING" on a horse's papers but does not specify no racing in the sales contract. Then, the buyer simply applied for a new set of papers by claiming he/she has "lost" the original.

PT
Old 02-13-2007, 11:45 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

I'm afraid to say there are worse things than racing for $7,500 like he could end up as French cuisine.
Old 02-13-2007, 11:49 AM
Oaklawn

The Jockey Club doesn't recognize the "marking" of papers. You simply get new ones. It's sad the the American Jockey Club is more interested in the protection of the bloodline than they are of the protection of the thoroughbreds that give them a purpose to exist.
A perfect example is Phantom on Tour who was outplaced and went through several owners before turning back up at a track many years later. At any time, the owner of the thoroughbred, for whatever reason, should have the right to permantently end that horse's racing career.

There is a movement afoot in the riding/sport horse world to put pressure on the JC to add to the database, a permanent designation "not for racing purposes." Since this is a racing board, I won't bore y'all with the "why's and wherefor's" but suffice to say it will help horses who really should be away from the track.

As to SYD, this poor horse can't breathe and should be frolicking in a pasture or learning to carry a rider to small jumps or go out for trail ride.

Last edited by Linny : 02-13-2007 at 01:56 PM.
Old 02-13-2007, 12:07 PM
Santa Anita

I want a horse. Anyone want to buy him for me? I just want to do some entry level dressage and no higher than say 2'3 jumps. I would make an excellent horsie mommy....

I would even change my name to "shakeyoudownmommy".
Old 02-13-2007, 04:31 PM
Samm

Quote:
Originally Posted by phystech
That makes a lot of sense so, indeed, a contract that specifically states the sale is not for racing purposes would probably hold water in a court of law.

I have seen it where a seller simply writes "NOT FOR RACING" on a horse's papers but does not specify no racing in the sales contract. Then, the buyer simply applied for a new set of papers by claiming he/she has "lost" the original.

PT
You contact the jockey club and tell them the horse is not to race... simple as that
Old 02-13-2007, 04:35 PM
pickinemup

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Indomitable DrugS
Is in for $7,500 on Feb 15th going 4.5 furlongs at Charles Town
back to his proper level prior to all the needles...is this a surprise?
Old 02-13-2007, 05:25 PM
Oaklawn

The JC has no designation in their database for nonracing, papered TB's. papers make him eleigible. If someone marks them before selling a horse and that horse fall into the "wrong hands" down the line the "wrong" person needs only to request new papers of the JC and presto! instant RACEhorse.
Old 02-13-2007, 06:09 PM
khcnz

I just don't get all the criticism. If all the people nastily criticizing Cole/Lake are so upset by them racing their horse, then go to CT with the money and go claim him. Then you can do with him as you wish. Otherwise, stop whining.
Old 02-13-2007, 06:20 PM
Randwyck

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHoss9698
Do you honestly not see what is wrong here? The horse put those 2 guys on the map. Made them a ton of money. Cole went on record saying he wouldn't run him under $15,000 and is now. The horse obviously has no interest in running anymore and I think people just don't want to see him injured. Cole should be ashamed of himself. What exactly does running Shake You Down get him? Does he need that purse money? Please. Guy is a douche.
AMEN

Totally agree with you