Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-12-2013, 03:31 PM
Saratoga

Default NFL Playoffs

If I were a Denver fan I'd be a little concerned about the weather today. Peyton an Indoor guy and on top of that he has lost grip strength since his injury.. I'm rooting for them though.
Old 01-12-2013, 04:38 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62 View Post
If I were a Denver fan I'd be a little concerned about the weather today. Peyton an Indoor guy and on top of that he has lost grip strength since his injury.. I'm rooting for them though.
Or Not.
Old 01-12-2013, 05:09 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Great return for a td by holliday earlier. I think denver is the better of the two teams...good game so far
Old 01-12-2013, 05:26 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Trindon x 2!!!! Unreal
Old 01-12-2013, 08:00 PM
Flemington

Might be a good time for the Jets to call Denver and see if they're interested in Tebow for Payton straight up.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:26 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716 View Post
Might be a good time for the Jets to call Denver and see if they're interested in Tebow for Payton straight up.
I love them losing because Peyton threw the big interception again. Doesn't always come up big in the playoffs. The one super bowl he did win should have an asterisk because it came against Rex Grossman.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:13 PM
Randwyck

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3kings View Post
I love them losing because Peyton threw the big interception again. Doesn't always come up big in the playoffs. The one super bowl he did win should have an asterisk because it came against Rex Grossman.
....and undeserving Super Bowl MVP
Old 01-12-2013, 10:38 PM
Arlington Park

before we anoint manning the goat, can i put in a word for the safety that let jacoby jones get behind him with less than a minute left and a 7 point lead?

it must have come as a complete shock that baltimore might be throwing in that situation. particularly toward the end zone. no one could have known that was coming.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:47 PM
Dee Tee Stables

qb's are like presidents. too much praise when the team does well, too much blame when they lose.

great showing by the 9'ers. bye bye green bay, thank goodness!
Old 01-13-2013, 02:38 AM
Goodwood

Actually, Denver was the biggest pretend team of the last decade.

They beat TWO, that's 2, teams all year with winning records, and both of those teams were in the midst of their longest losing streaks of the season.
Old 01-13-2013, 06:50 AM
Aqueduct

you knw ic i was telling my wife that, they had basically beat a bunch of bad teams the last couple of months. i feel bad for the safety but for a def to give up that many yards a lot of blame to go around. Int by manning throwing against his body to the middle of the field its always dngerous.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:01 AM
Flemington

The deep ball was there all day long for Baltimore.
Old 01-13-2013, 05:37 PM
Saratoga

I can't remember a playoff weekend with more exciting football then this one.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:53 PM
Super Moderator

What I learned from watching NFL games this weekend:

#1: You can't cover Shane Vereen 1-on-1 (while isolated in space) with an avg linebacker -- and if you try to, Brady will ass rape you.

#2: Don't chase points in the 1st half. Pete Carroll wasn't exactly doing it riveboat gambler style ... but he took 3 chip shot field goals off the board in the 1st half ... twice on 4th and short attempts deep in ATL territory and once when a QB sack allowed time to expire. Those 9 gimmie points didn't seem like much when the halftime deficit was 20-0 -- but, in the end, they obviously meant the outcome.

#3: Dom Capers does not understand the "Read Option" and his defense was so badly prepared for it that it was comical. He's going to get fired as the D coordinator in Green Bay ... and his DE's ... especially the one playing opposite of Mathews looked like a complete fool when he crashed down against the read option multiple times, allowing Banana nose Kappernick a free ride into the secondary.

#4: If Baltimore is out of timeouts and needs to go about 80 yards in 45 seconds -- don't let a WR get behind your secondary.

#5: Even in the playoffs, it is tough for a team from a west coast timezone to play a 1PM game in the east coast timezone. Seattle was asleep through much of the first half and made a lot of mental errors caused by either the crowd noise or simple lack of awareness.

#6: Ray Lewis brought up God over and over and acted as though he wanted to see the Ravens win and Broncos lose. If Tim Tebow was still in Denver, would Ray Lewis have suggested that even God doesn't care about the outcome of football games?
Old 01-16-2013, 06:08 AM
Flemington

NFL bad lip reading- funny s.hit

www.rickey.org/nfl-2013-a-bad-lip-reading/
Old 01-16-2013, 09:38 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by herkhorse View Post
NFL bad lip reading- funny s.hit

www.rickey.org/nfl-2013-a-bad-lip-reading/
good stuff!
Old 01-20-2013, 08:41 PM
Flemington

http://youtu.be/CNQXQKflJNA
Old 01-20-2013, 08:53 PM
Flemington

Congrats to the Ravens. They deserve this. That group of guys really deserves this. Other then my Pats they have been the best organization in Football for about the last 10 years. MY MAN JOEY BIG GAME PRIME TIME FLACCO made himself a ton of money the last 3 weeks.
My team lost, and Im good. Guessing San Fran will open around 5. I love BALTIMORE.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:57 PM
Flemington

Any real QB tries to run for that 1st down with the SB on the line. Brady is a pusssy
Old 01-20-2013, 09:06 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by herkhorse View Post
Any real QB tries to run for that 1st down with the SB on the line. Brady is a pusssy
This Pats team has 3-5 years left. They will get back to at least 1 Super Bowl.
Who am I worried about? Same as every year..... Only Baltimore.
Jets, Miami and Buffalo are all disasters. The Jets are a pathetic disgrace of a franchise. The Texans are right there with Atlanta as the biggest frauds in the NFL. Denver beats bad teams. Peyton has won maybe 3 big games his entire career. They may be incorrect, but he has lost a lot more big games then he has won. Pats have a ton of draft picks again. Gronk will be healthy. They will be odds on to win the AFC again.
Take nothing away from Baltimore. They beat NE in Baltimore this year. They could have beat us in the playoffs last year. Great great football team.