Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-22-2012, 05:43 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss View Post
While I don't think it makes them better. Time to bench Sanchez. The Stephen Hill drop is huge late, and not Sanchez's fault. But too many mistakes that he should not be making anymore.

The INT when Hill was wide open in the 2nd is just him not reading the defense. The sack after the fumble late in the 4th, could have been huge. He HAS to throw the ball away there. And then just take the sack at the end. Come on.

They are beat up, and not very good. But I'm pretty sure they are the best team in the AFC East, which is kind of sad.

The Pats are garbage this year.
Originally, I couldn't believe he would take the sack instead of throwing it away late in the 4th, but I believe the intent was to force NE to use it's 2nd timeout, which they did. Of course that strategy was rendered meaningless when Brady marched down the field with ease to get in position for the tying FG.

Once again, I think the Jets need to decide if Sanchez is good enough to get them where they want to go for the next however many years. If he's not that guy, pull the plug now. The problem is, Sanchez doesn't suck. If he did, the decision would be a no-brainer. At times he was very good yesterday. At other times, he wasn't.
Still, with all that said, there is no reason Tebow and the Wildcat can't get more than a play every quarter or so? It is becoming very apparent that Sparano doesn't have the creativity needed to make Tebow a valuable, viable weapon.

And as far as Tebow starting, how much of the offense could he even run at this point? It would be potentially be a big step backwards, even with all the help he might get from above
Old 10-22-2012, 07:05 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfer View Post
Originally, I couldn't believe he would take the sack instead of throwing it away late in the 4th, but I believe the intent was to force NE to use it's 2nd timeout, which they did. Of course that strategy was rendered meaningless when Brady marched down the field with ease to get in position for the tying FG.

Once again, I think the Jets need to decide if Sanchez is good enough to get them where they want to go for the next however many years. If he's not that guy, pull the plug now. The problem is, Sanchez doesn't suck. If he did, the decision would be a no-brainer. At times he was very good yesterday. At other times, he wasn't.
Still, with all that said, there is no reason Tebow and the Wildcat can't get more than a play every quarter or so? It is becoming very apparent that Sparano doesn't have the creativity needed to make Tebow a valuable, viable weapon.

And as far as Tebow starting, how much of the offense could he even run at this point? It would be potentially be a big step backwards, even with all the help he might get from above
I realize it isn't Sanchez's call, but how about trying to actually score a TD after that fumble late in the game....or at the very least trying to get a first down? They seemed content with just kicking the FG, even though there was a lot of time left.

Regardless of what his intent was, you can't take the sack there. I would have rather seen them just bring Tebow in and run three QB draws if they were just trying to burn timeouts.

You know I agree Sanchez doesn't suck. For the most part he played well yesterday. But he still makes the mistakes that should be out of his system by now. How do you get him over the hump?

I'm lost as to what they are doing with Tebow and something tells me the people in the locker room are as well. Why bring him in if you don't plan on using him? I agree bringing him in full time would be a step back. But I'm tired of watching Sanchez make mistakes that he should not be making anymore.
Old 10-22-2012, 07:47 AM
Coach Pants

Meh. They were way too conservative. They had momentum. Played p.ussy and got f.ucked.

Rex doesn't have confidence in Sanchez and it shows. Make the play call changes, head coach. Instead it was a clusterf.uck.

There is a fine line between a sh.itty qb and a good one. And the line is magnified with Sanchez because he's not as agile as he seems and he holds the ball way too long.
Old 10-22-2012, 01:07 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Pants View Post
Meh. They were way too conservative. They had momentum. Played p.ussy and got f.ucked.

Rex doesn't have confidence in Sanchez and it shows. Make the play call changes, head coach. Instead it was a clusterf.uck.

There is a fine line between a sh.itty qb and a good one. And the line is magnified with Sanchez because he's not as agile as he seems and he holds the ball way too long.
I completely agree with all of this.

Problem is, Rex's lack of confidence in Sanchez has been well earned.
Old 10-25-2012, 09:39 PM
Hialeah Park

Random question. Was Emmanuel Sanders fined for the blatant injury fake job he pulled last week?
Old 10-26-2012, 06:15 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansharbor View Post
Random question. Was Emmanuel Sanders fined for the blatant injury fake job he pulled last week?
was reading the other day that nothing was done.
nfl needs a dive penalty, just like they have in nhl. there should be a loss of yards for blatant bs like that.
Old 10-26-2012, 08:34 AM
Havre de Grace

I love that you Jets fans have to live every day knowing Marc Sanchez is your QB and Tom Brady is ours.
After attending the Pats Jets game, I give you these observations. Nothing like seeing them in the flesh, just like race hosses.

The Patriots can tackle, but can't cover. The defense will improve as the year goes on, but to allow SO many third down conversions, shows that they aren't too smart either. Stupid defenses don't win Super Bowls, so we have problems. On offense we are very slow. Brady can't move, Hernandez can't move right now due to his bum ankle, which isn't gonna get better with him out there. Gronk's back is not 100%. Doesn't look like he can bend over. Lloyd can't catch, Welker hasn't forgotten how Kraft lied to him and then fucekded him. All the druggies are gone, but some of them were good. The O line is slow, and better at run blocking than pass blocking. Bad for Brady, but, On a brighter note, we have three sets of young fresh hungry legs at running back. Even though it remains to be seen if they can hold onto the rock like Benny Green Ellis.

The Jets must be kicking themselves. They should have been playing for TD first, and First down second. When you have Brady down, you don't let him up to knock you out, You pummel him as hard as you can. Going for the TD(and scoring it) would have been a serious statement and season changing win. Tebow needs to take some snaps. Guys play for him, like it or not. He is a leader of men. Could be president some day. Don't forget he led Florida to a championship against a far superior team. It was his will to win that made it happen. He made good on his word.
Old 10-27-2012, 05:59 AM
Morris Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabama Stakes View Post
I love that you Jets fans have to live every day knowing Marc Sanchez is your QB and Tom Brady is ours.
After attending the Pats Jets game, I give you these observations. Nothing like seeing them in the flesh, just like race hosses.

The Patriots can tackle, but can't cover. The defense will improve as the year goes on, but to allow SO many third down conversions, shows that they aren't too smart either. Stupid defenses don't win Super Bowls, so we have problems. On offense we are very slow. Brady can't move, Hernandez can't move right now due to his bum ankle, which isn't gonna get better with him out there. Gronk's back is not 100%. Doesn't look like he can bend over. Lloyd can't catch, Welker hasn't forgotten how Kraft lied to him and then fucekded him. All the druggies are gone, but some of them were good. The O line is slow, and better at run blocking than pass blocking. Bad for Brady, but, On a brighter note, we have three sets of young fresh hungry legs at running back. Even though it remains to be seen if they can hold onto the rock like Benny Green Ellis.

The Jets must be kicking themselves. They should have been playing for TD first, and First down second. When you have Brady down, you don't let him up to knock you out, You pummel him as hard as you can. Going for the TD(and scoring it) would have been a serious statement and season changing win. Tebow needs to take some snaps. Guys play for him, like it or not. He is a leader of men. Could be president some day. Don't forget he led Florida to a championship against a far superior team. It was his will to win that made it happen. He made good on his word.
They should get rid of Tebow today. Live or die with Sanchez.
Old 10-27-2012, 08:06 AM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Tebow needs to take some snaps. Guys play for him, like it or not. He is a leader of men. Could be president some day. Don't forget he led Florida to a championship against a far superior team. It was his will to win that made it happen. He made good on his word.
yeah, this country's in fine shape!!
Old 10-27-2012, 09:52 AM
Havre de Grace

whats your beef with Tebow ? Too clean cut,honest or successful for your tastes. Hows your correspondence with Charlie manson going ?
Old 10-28-2012, 02:00 PM
Morris Park

Charlie is fine.
Old 10-28-2012, 02:16 PM
Havre de Grace

did he ask for me ? hows sanchez working out for you today?
Old 10-28-2012, 02:19 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
About as good as your 1/9 worked out for you.
Old 10-28-2012, 04:37 PM
Morris Park

Quote:
Sanchez had a rough day but I think he will improve. Where as you'll always be a dick.
Old 10-28-2012, 05:14 PM
Havre de Grace

And you will always be a mook. Glad to see they have a computer in your group home.
Old 11-10-2012, 07:24 AM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig View Post
was reading the other day that nothing was done.
nfl needs a dive penalty, just like they have in nhl. there should be a loss of yards for blatant bs like that.
Sanders was fined $15,000 and the Steelers $35,000.
Old 11-10-2012, 08:36 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3kings View Post
Sanders was fined $15,000 and the Steelers $35,000.
good!
Old 11-14-2012, 05:25 AM
The Curragh

Interesting read, this is pretty much the reason why Tebow hasn't been handed the reigns, and even though I get it, still don't think he could do any worse.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.1201722
Old 11-14-2012, 05:34 AM
Ellis Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfer View Post
Interesting read, this is pretty much the reason why Tebow hasn't been handed the reigns, and even though I get it, still don't think he could do any worse.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.1201722

Tebow couldnt possibly do worse...Sanchez is really terrible. I think Joe Namath could do better even at his age, and drunk.
Old 11-14-2012, 05:43 AM
Flemington

This team is trash. They have been trash. The defense got old quick and the cant run the ball. Not to mention the QB is bottom 5 in the entire league. He is horrible, he is not an NFL starting QB. Best case this team finishes 3-4 and thats being really nice. More likely 2-5 or worst.