Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-08-2010, 03:59 PM
Del Mar

Default Lebron James Predictions

I am going to go out on a limb here. At first I thought that he was going to stay in Cleveland and I still think that there is a chance that he might stay. The more I think about it though, the more the Knicks make sense. I know that there is a lot of handwriting on the wall that says Miami at this point but I can't imagine him doing that. To me, that would be an extremely weak move for the best player in the world.

New Orleans doesnt have the money to pay Chris Paul. The knicks have money and expiring contracts. Couldnt they package up expiring contracts along with picks? And if not for Paul, couldnt they get Arenas or any number of other second tier players? Wouldnt guys play for less to be on THAT team in new york in THAT system? And if not in New york, couldn't they do that in Cleveland?

I say New York or Cleveland but New York would be my choice as to where he goes.
Old 07-08-2010, 04:03 PM
Saratoga

^^^^ Philski picking...hasn't the foggiest.
Old 07-08-2010, 04:19 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalakhani View Post
I am going to go out on a limb here. At first I thought that he was going to stay in Cleveland and I still think that there is a chance that he might stay. The more I think about it though, the more the Knicks make sense. I know that there is a lot of handwriting on the wall that says Miami at this point but I can't imagine him doing that. To me, that would be an extremely weak move for the best player in the world.

New Orleans doesnt have the money to pay Chris Paul. The knicks have money and expiring contracts. Couldnt they package up expiring contracts along with picks? And if not for Paul, couldnt they get Arenas or any number of other second tier players? Wouldnt guys play for less to be on THAT team in new york in THAT system? And if not in New york, couldn't they do that in Cleveland?

I say New York or Cleveland but New York would be my choice as to where he goes.

At this point, I would say the chances of him going back to Clevland are about 7%.... Miama 60% and the Knicks 33%... Knicks have a longshot chance here, because him and Amare can compete with Wade and Bosh, especially if they make this trade with GS, get some young talent and maybe Mike Miller???
Old 07-08-2010, 04:29 PM
Coach Pants

I say he goes to the Nets.
Old 07-08-2010, 04:32 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHardTen1985 View Post
At this point, I would say the chances of him going back to Clevland are about 7%.... Miama 60% and the Knicks 33%... Knicks have a longshot chance here, because him and Amare can compete with Wade and Bosh, especially if they make this trade with GS, get some young talent and maybe Mike Miller???
You know, Joe, I don't disagree with you but I just have this weird hunch that the miami thing is all smoke. I am okay with being wrong about that but I just can't see him selling out like that.

Mike Miller is pretty overrated to me. I guess for what they would want him to do he would be fine but he is not what I would want in a gunner.

I think the Knicks would be better than Miami with Lebron with or without any other trades. Lebron/amare vs. wade/bosh? Give me lebron/amare any time.
Old 07-08-2010, 04:34 PM
Coach Pants

The Nets is the perfect organization for him. You have a guy with endless pockets and a rap star as minority owner. LeBron can do songs with Jay about how great they are.

Plus they are moving to Brooklyn in two years.
Old 07-08-2010, 04:38 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Pants View Post
Plus they are moving to Brooklyn in two years.
I'll believe that sh it when I see it. They poured the first cement for the arena nine effing days ago.
Old 07-08-2010, 04:50 PM
Coach Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid View Post
I'll believe that sh it when I see it. They poured the first cement for the arena nine effing days ago.
Well that's plenty of time for the 2012 opener.

It will come down to some scumbag politician wanting his palm greased to stop it. Because Dolph Lundgren has the money to build it.
Old 07-08-2010, 05:01 PM

I'm skeptical because they cleared the ground for this thing like 10 years ago and it's just been sitting there collecting garbage. Something tells me they won't finish it in 24 months if it ever gets done.

As for TheBron, he'll go to Miami if he's a puss, Cleveland if he has any decency and the Knicks/Nets if he has any balls. My guess is Miami.
Old 07-08-2010, 05:05 PM
Coach Pants

Quote:
I'm skeptical because they cleared the ground for this thing like 10 years ago and it's just been sitting there collecting garbage. Something tells me they won't finish it in 24 months if it ever gets done.

As for TheBron, he'll go to Miami if he's a puss, Cleveland if he has any decency and the Knicks/Nets if he has any balls. My guess is Miami.
I don't think it's Miami. Stephen A. Smith was the first to say Miami and his replacement on ESPN Broutard or whatever the f.uck his name is rolled with it. They are just saying that to get people to tune in.
Old 07-08-2010, 05:07 PM
Flemington

Quote:

Thats kinda silly... **** decency, have they put anything decent around him? Being decent and loyal is bullshit, he is going to Miami or the Knicks and if he goes to the Knicks that 1-2 punch is just as good as Miams 1-2.
Old 07-08-2010, 05:07 PM
Coach Pants

Quote:
Thats kinda silly... **** decency, have they put anything decent around him? Being decent and loyal is bullshit, he is going to Miami or the Knicks and if he goes to the Knicks that 1-2 punch is just as good as Miams 1-2.
What? Stoudemire = Wade?

Get the f.uck outta here with that homer ****.
Old 07-08-2010, 05:10 PM

Quote:
They won 127 games in two seasons. Everyone talks all season about how stacked they are, then all of a sudden when they flame out in the playoffs behind that quitter, his supporting cast sucks. When does LeBron's responsibility for the failures of the Cavs kick in? If he leaves, he's just quitting on the Cavs again, so the fans should be used to it.
Old 07-08-2010, 05:11 PM
Flemington

Quote:
What? Stoudemire = Wade?

Get the f.uck outta here with that homer ****.
Hellll no... But Lebron and Stat= Bosh and Wade

To be clear, I think Wade is at WORSE THE THIRD BEST PLAYER IN THE NBA, IM A BIG WADE GUY.
Old 07-08-2010, 05:12 PM
Flemington

Quote:
They won 127 games in two seasons. Everyone talks all season about how stacked they are, then all of a sudden when they flame out in the playoffs behind that quitter, his supporting cast sucks. When does LeBron's responsibility for the failures of the Cavs kick in? If he leaves, he's just quitting on the Cavs again, so the fans should be used to it.

Your argument is flawed, BIG TIME.... They won 127 games because of Lebron, thats why he is the 2x defending MVP. He should walk, and not feel bad about it.
Old 07-08-2010, 05:13 PM
Coach Pants

Quote:
Hellll no... But Lebron and Stat= Bosh and Wade

To be clear, I think Wade is at WORSE THE THIRD BEST PLAYER IN THE NBA, IM A BIG WADE GUY.
Wade is much better than LeBron. He carried the Heat to that 'Ship. Don't even say Shaq made the difference.
Old 07-08-2010, 05:14 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Wade is much better than LeBron. He carried the Heat to that 'Ship. Don't even say Shaq made the difference.
Wade won that Title for Miami I totally agree Coach, but he is not much better... One could argue he is more accomplished though.
Old 07-08-2010, 05:15 PM
Coach Pants

Quote:
Wade won that Title for Miami I totally agree Coach, but he is not much better... One could argue he is more accomplished though.
He's clutch.

They could do without LeBron and try to somehow get Carmelo midseason. That team would be unstoppable.
Old 07-08-2010, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Your argument is flawed, BIG TIME.... They won 127 games because of Lebron, thats why he is the 2x defending MVP. He should walk, and not feel bad about it.
Then they should've won a title because of him. Did you watch the Cavs/Celtics series? They had to invent a rumor about some herpes having troll banging his mom to explain how indifferent he was. Like Pants said, he's a paper tiger. His MVPs need to start having asterisks until he wins something worth a sh it.
Old 07-08-2010, 05:17 PM
Flemington

Quote:
He's clutch.

They could do without LeBron and try to somehow get Carmelo midseason. That team would be unstoppable.
O boy... I agree about Wade, he is that good. I think Lebron is more talented though and Wade has had serious injuries and Lebron has not...

If Lebron went back to Clevland, why worry about it? No way they get enough parts to make that team competitive with anything Miami fills the roster in with.