Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > International Racing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-22-2013, 10:04 PM
Santa Anita

Yeah, he did so well! Proud of him.

I'm still scratching my head over Postman's Daughter and Miss Pelear too. The track was really wet there, and results were kind of crazy all day.
Old 09-25-2013, 09:49 PM
Saratoga

Good luck to Villifye on Saturday.
Old 09-26-2013, 07:27 PM
Saratoga

I was looking at the noms for the Spring Classic next weekend and was surprised (not that I know so much, I don't and besides anything I DO know I owe to you ) at the names I hadn't heard of (mixed in with the superstars)...

Storming the Tower and Ormond Road? Am I crazy for not knowing these names?

Oh I was surprised to see Deanne Martin and looked to see if he had run lately and was surprised to see his (I always think he's a she) nice win.

Tiny field and all but nice all the same and I did so love the way Lauren Tate seemed like she wanted to look over at him.
Old 09-27-2013, 07:58 AM
Santa Anita

I think Storming The Tower and Ormond Road are way out of their depth in the Spring Classic. Nice handicap horses (Ormond Road has 7 wins from 40 starts, and Storming The Tower 4 from 15), but neither has taken on a G1 race before. They'll struggle to be competitive against these horses.

That was a nice resuming win by Deane Martin! I was expecting the distance to be way too short for him, so I was impressed. I think he could be in for a really good year.
Old 09-27-2013, 09:54 PM
Santa Anita

Spellbinder! Wow. Speechless.
Old 09-29-2013, 03:50 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ed_ View Post
Spellbinder! Wow. Speechless.
I finally watched the replay and wow... speechless is right.
Old 09-29-2013, 06:07 PM
Santa Anita

By six and a half lengths, and also 2 seconds faster than the boys in the Bonecrusher on the same day. Just a really special performance. She's now equal favourite for the 1000 Guineas, along with Bounding.
Old 10-02-2013, 04:15 PM
Santa Anita

Really good fields for Spring Classic day - especially the Guineas. Maybe All Decked Out... just.

And good luck to Postman's Daughter as she tries again for that elusive G1 win in the Classic, and Fritzy Boy defending his Spring Sprint title.
Old 10-03-2013, 08:51 PM
Saratoga

Fantastic fields!

I would root for Lucky Feather but since he (finally!!!) just won last weekend (finally!!!) that was good enough.

(Finally!!!)

If I were betting I might take Donnie but lucky for me I can just enjoy these races.

Good luck to Zinko in his race.

As far as the rest waaay too many I love but yes would be thrilled for Postman's Daughter as well.

The field for the Sprint is amazing!

Poor Opie.

http://www.theinformant.co.nz/racing...-Bosson-mounts

Ed I just searched for your girl...did Pinzaara just run like a few minutes ago or have I lost my mind and am somehow looking at the wrong date?

So confused.

IF she did just run naughty you for not letting us know ahead of time!
Old 10-05-2013, 05:26 AM
Santa Anita

She did! But Stephen McKee told us not to expect much from her in her first race. She wasn't really ready, but he wanted her to have a run. She'll improve from here, hopefully.

Great day at Hastings today. Ransomed? Really? But he ran a great race, and I'm so happy for Gary Vile and Jonathan Parkes - first G1 win for both. Parkes in particular has been unlucky, being replaced by bigger-name jockeys.

Historian! Love that horse. He's so, so good when he's healthy.

And Sir Andrew in the Guineas - bit of a surprise, but he did score a monster maiden win back in August. Son of Sir Percy. Nice run by All Decked Out again.
Old 10-06-2013, 08:45 PM
Saratoga

So confused... the first G1 for both? Really?

Nice nice race and the top three finishers were all soooo good.

Great to see your girl back!

Nice race by All Decked Out... did he stumble right around 1:20? Looked like it (... and if he hadn't I don't think Sir Andrew (who was really good, don't get me wrong) would have passed him).

The only other replay I've watched so far was Historian and yes that was lovely to see!

Oh wait I just watched the one where Bellazeel refused to run..... (Go Joeli won I think?)... I really do like Lauren Tate. She's fun to watch and that was a good finish... if only she'd focus!

Lest I forget thre was a 2 year old filly at the end of last year...pretty grey girl, something with Fantastic in her name but I cannot remember. Do you know who I mean and if so any word on her?

Thanks ed and yes I do expect for you to be a mindreader!
Old 10-06-2013, 09:30 PM
Santa Anita

Haha! My mistake. I'll try to give more updates on Pinzaara and Archie (he was treated for a cold last week, but doing better now and having a trial later this month).

Yeah, their first G1 win! It is really hard to believe. And there were great scenes after the race - other trainers and jockeys going over and shaking their hands and hugging them. They're obviously popular guys. So that was such a nice result.

Wow, I think you're right about ADO. I hadn't noticed that before. Yeah, he may have held out Sir Andrew if that hadn't happened. I still really like ADO in the 2000 Guineas.

This guy is actually the 2000 Guineas favourite now:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcMbkJ26pcs

And this one looks promising too, even though he's running out of time to sneak into the Guineas field.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPHVWYIkxY8

You're probably thinking of Fantastic Honour! Lovely filly - placed in the Eclipse Stakes and Karaka Million last season.

She started this spring with a nice second to Orbity in a stakes race at Wanganui: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgVMOHN85F4

Then finished off the board after getting stuck in a speed duel in Bounding's fantastic Gold Trail: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOGVms2IaAs

But she's still on track for the 1000 Guineas - equal 3rd favourite for that at 7-1 (with Costa Viva). Bounding's the 3-1 favourite, with Spellbinder (still amazed by her Soliloquy win) at 4-1.
Old 10-07-2013, 08:28 PM
Saratoga

Glad Archie is feeling better. Can't wait for the next Pinzaara update as well as hearing about Archie's trial!

Thanks for the Allez Eagle and Sakhees Soldier replays. I hadn't seen either. Very nice!

YES that is the filly I was trying to remember and I do remember the races with both Orbity and Bounding so no idea why I didn't remember she was there!

Duh!

Veyron goes home...

http://www.theinformant.co.nz/racing...tell-on-Veyron

I'd be tired too.

What's coming up this weekend?
Old 10-07-2013, 10:49 PM
Santa Anita

It's a bit of a quiet patch now! Horses are having a rest after Hawke's Bay and building up towards Christchurch in November. There's only one really great race between now and then (Sarten Memorial, Oct 28).

But we have the G3 Taranaki Breeders' Stakes this Saturday, featuring Postman's Daughter, Viadana, O'Fille and Villifye.

And the Matamata Cup too, which has Full Of Spirit, Annie Higgins, Innovation, King Zeus, Faraway Eyes and Our Famous Eve. Villifye's entered for that too, so not sure which one they'll go for with her.
Old 10-09-2013, 03:55 PM
Saratoga

Sounds great!

Hey I just watched a couple of todays replays... Miss Foxwood looked good!
Old 10-09-2013, 05:09 PM
Santa Anita

Yeah, that was a spectacular win. She lived up to her pedigree - a daughter of Fastnet Rock and dual G1 winner Foxwood.

She was 60-1 for the 1000 Guineas before that, and now she's 12-1.
Old 10-09-2013, 05:38 PM
Santa Anita

Archie update!

Jason Bridgman says he's training well and will trial on October 29 at Te Aroha.

Old 10-10-2013, 12:31 PM
Saratoga

Great new!!!!!

He looks beautiful, ed... cannot wait to see him run!
Old 10-11-2013, 10:37 PM
Santa Anita

Postman's Daughter! Innovation! Haven't seen the replays yet, but those are great results.
Old 10-12-2013, 11:15 AM
Saratoga

Postman's Daughter!!!!! Nice nice win... thrilled for her and her connections and hey it was good seeing Sam I Am in a stakes race!

Will get to Innovations race in a bit.