Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Stakes Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-03-2021, 05:47 PM
Kasept's Avatar
Kasept Kasept is offline
Steve Byk
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Greenwich, NY
Posts: 38,653
Default 2/6 (TAM): Sam F. Davis, Endeavour, Tampa Bay (G3's), Suncoast



__________________
All ambitions are lawful except those which climb upward on the miseries or credulities of mankind. -- Joseph Conrad
A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right. -- Thomas Paine
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-04-2021, 08:15 AM
Rudeboyelvis Rudeboyelvis is offline
Belmont Park
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 7,426
Default

Ricochet should get a whale of a set up in the Sam Davis if good enough. should be a nice price to boot.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-04-2021, 09:19 AM
knickslions2's Avatar
knickslions2 knickslions2 is online now
Royal Ascot
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 12,430
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudeboyelvis View Post
Ricochet should get a whale of a set up in the Sam Davis if good enough. should be a nice price to boot.
I’m sure the Pletcher horse will get hammered here which I hope. Really looking forward to seeing Candy Man Rocket stretch out. Horse is fast and will have my money in this one. Ricochet is interesting here too Dan. Nice exacta horse for sure.


http://www.brisnet.com/php/bw_pdf_vi...param3=1867404
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-04-2021, 01:58 PM
Rudeboyelvis Rudeboyelvis is offline
Belmont Park
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 7,426
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickslions2 View Post
Iím sure the Pletcher horse will get hammered here which I hope. Really looking forward to seeing Candy Man Rocket stretch out. Horse is fast and will have my money in this one. Ricochet is interesting here too Dan. Nice exacta horse for sure.


http://www.brisnet.com/php/bw_pdf_vi...param3=1867404
Hi Tom - link is broken, but I'm seeing a ton of speed inside CMR with not a lot of time to get position going into the first turn. He or anyone else that can take this on the front is going to be pulling off a massive accomplishment.

Not saying he won't win (he's def on my ticket) but speed hung wide going 2 turns for the first time in a G3 is a lot to ask for.

I think this is wide open (realistically 8 or 9 of these wouldn't shock me), and I've seen enough SFD's to know that prices are no surprise (King Gullimero most recently).

Hidden Stash, Known Agenda, Ricochet, and CMR for me.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-04-2021, 03:25 PM
blackthroatedwind blackthroatedwind is offline
Jerome Park
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,545
Default

The 6:1 ML on Known Agenda is hilarious. He will likely be a strong favorite and is much the horse to beat.

I guess his under the radar trainer confused them
__________________
Just more nebulous nonsense from BBB
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-04-2021, 04:30 PM
Dahoss Dahoss is offline
Garden State Park
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 8,107
Default

Iíll be surprised if Smiley Sobotka isnít in the exacta and have him as the horse to beat
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-04-2021, 07:25 PM
blackthroatedwind blackthroatedwind is offline
Jerome Park
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,545
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss View Post
Iíll be surprised if Smiley Sobotka isnít in the exacta and have him as the horse to beat
I'll take Known Agenda over Smiley Sobotka and the loser has to agree with Alabama Stakes that Songbird really won the Distaff.
__________________
Just more nebulous nonsense from BBB
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-04-2021, 07:35 PM
Rudeboyelvis Rudeboyelvis is offline
Belmont Park
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 7,426
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind View Post
The 6:1 ML on Known Agenda is hilarious. He will likely be a strong favorite and is much the horse to beat.

I guess his under the radar trainer confused them
Iíd hate to pile on someone whoís job Iíd probably screw up worse, but man itís bad. The other day there was a 15-1 the went off at 9-5 and won by daylight.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-04-2021, 08:00 PM
Dahoss Dahoss is offline
Garden State Park
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 8,107
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind View Post
I'll take Known Agenda over Smiley Sobotka and the loser has to agree with Alabama Stakes that Songbird really won the Distaff.


You got it
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-04-2021, 09:00 PM
blackthroatedwind blackthroatedwind is offline
Jerome Park
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,545
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudeboyelvis View Post
Iíd hate to pile on someone whoís job Iíd probably screw up worse, but man itís bad. The other day there was a 15-1 the went off at 9-5 and won by daylight.
I agree, but some of these people make it so hard on themselves. Making Known Agenda 6:1, when the absolute most he can be is 5:2, creates havoc for the rest of your line, especially in a 12 horse field. You've lost and the battle hasn't even started.

I mean, it's not making Caddo River the second choice dopey, but it's not too clever. Lines are hard enough, get the easy part right.
__________________
Just more nebulous nonsense from BBB
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 02-04-2021, 11:11 PM
Alabama Stakes's Avatar
Alabama Stakes Alabama Stakes is offline
Del Mar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: suffolk downs
Posts: 5,118
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss View Post
I’ll be surprised if Smiley Sobotka isn’t in the exacta and have him as the horse to beat
Wasn’t Hidden Stash more impressive earlier that day ? Passed 5 hosses on that slow pace in his race.
__________________
Baylor bears knock off undefeated Gonzaga
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-05-2021, 06:31 AM
Dahoss Dahoss is offline
Garden State Park
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 8,107
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabama Stakes View Post
Wasnít Hidden Stash more impressive earlier that day ? Passed 5 hosses on that slow pace in his race.
Youíve always been hung up on a horse passing others. In this case, it would behoove you to actually watch the race. He certainly didnít pass 5 horses.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-05-2021, 11:39 AM
Alabama Stakes's Avatar
Alabama Stakes Alabama Stakes is offline
Del Mar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: suffolk downs
Posts: 5,118
Default

Actually he did and despite being a mile wide on the first turn he had the fortitude and energy to fight on down the stretch for the win . It wasnít a ground saving trip of leading then giving up the lead then leading , then being clear and still not being able to hold on.
__________________
Baylor bears knock off undefeated Gonzaga
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-05-2021, 12:17 PM
Mike's Avatar
Mike Mike is offline
Oaklawn
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,287
Default

Any thoughts on Lucky Law in the Sam Davis?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-05-2021, 01:24 PM
Dahoss Dahoss is offline
Garden State Park
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 8,107
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabama Stakes View Post
Actually he did and despite being a mile wide on the first turn he had the fortitude and energy to fight on down the stretch for the win . It wasnít a ground saving trip of leading then giving up the lead then leading , then being clear and still not being able to hold on.
He was 3rd three furlongs into the race. Watch it again with your eyes open.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 02-05-2021, 01:29 PM
knickslions2's Avatar
knickslions2 knickslions2 is online now
Royal Ascot
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 12,430
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
Any thoughts on Lucky Law in the Sam Davis?
Hard to say Mike. While horse should be better on dirt I think this is a very tough spot for the horse.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-06-2021, 01:22 AM
Alabama Stakes's Avatar
Alabama Stakes Alabama Stakes is offline
Del Mar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: suffolk downs
Posts: 5,118
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind View Post
The 6:1 ML on Known Agenda is hilarious. He will likely be a strong favorite and is much the horse to beat.

I guess his under the radar trainer confused them
Itís not every day you see a hoss feel the sting of the whip around half way through a 9 furlong race, though he continued on well in the stretch to only get beat 9....
__________________
Baylor bears knock off undefeated Gonzaga
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 02-06-2021, 06:39 AM
Dahoss Dahoss is offline
Garden State Park
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 8,107
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabama Stakes View Post
Itís not every day you see a hoss feel the sting of the whip around half way through a 9 furlong race, though he continued on well in the stretch to only get beat 9....
I figured youíd respond to the Songbird post. I just didnít think itíd be almost 2 days later.

You okay?
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 02-06-2021, 08:19 AM
opusone opusone is offline
Cahokia Downs
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: St. Pete
Posts: 158
Default

The local forecast changed a bit. The rain was supposed to start tonight. I hope they stay on the turf.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 02-06-2021, 11:01 AM
Alabama Stakes's Avatar
Alabama Stakes Alabama Stakes is offline
Del Mar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: suffolk downs
Posts: 5,118
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss View Post
I figured youíd respond to the Songbird post. I just didnít think itíd be almost 2 days later.

You okay?
Just remembering Songbird drowning them in the CCA oaks And prestigious Alabama Stakes at Saratoga that summer.
__________________
Baylor bears knock off undefeated Gonzaga
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.