Old 03-24-2008, 04:55 PM
Saratoga

The official word.....

http://www.gulfnews.com/sport/Horse_.../10200115.html
Old 03-25-2008, 09:01 AM
Saratoga

DRC.....

American horses enjoying spa-like Dubai stables

It may seem like an arduous task for a horse to be shipped all the way from the United States to the United Arab Emirates and then race against the world’s best runners on the Dubai World Cup (Gr.1) program.

But there are some definite perks in the process.

Once they land in Dubai, the horses are taken to air-conditioned stables on the sprawling Nad Al Sheba complex—including five new barns built since last year—where the box stalls can be twice as large as what they are used to at American racetracks.

Since there is no racing in the weeks leading up to the Dubai World Cup, the area is quiet, often punctuated only by birdsong and the regular melodic calls to prayer from the nearby mosques.

With grass planted and watered around the barns, the horses can graze if their handlers choose to allow them, and they also can roll and relax in round pens.

“Idiot Proof loves it here,” said Robert Sise, assistant trainer of the Grade 1 winner who will be a favorite in the Dubai Golden Shaheen (Gr.1), sponsored by Gulf News. “He’s put on 100 pounds since he’s been here.”

While Sise might have been exaggerating about the amount of weight the colt gained after the trip—which most people believe would cause horses to lose weight—he said all the horses that have wintered with Idiot Proof in California and traveled to Dubai also have been eating lustily since their arrival.

Henrietta Steele, assistant to trainer Dale Romans, said their three-year-old colt Massive Drama, who will contest the UAE Derby (Gr.2), looks better now than he did when he left Florida, and his gleaming coat seems to back up her assessment.

“I can’t wait for (Romans) to have a look at the horse and see how shiny he is,” she said.

Meanwhile, Dubai Sheema Classic (Gr.1, sponsored by Nakheel) contender Better Talk Now is relishing his rolling time in a round pen as well as daily grazes, said Tom Finn, assistant to trainer Graham Motion, and exercise rider Fenella O’Flynn.

“Everything is spot on,” Finn said of the care that the Dubai Racing Club personnel have helped provide in the quarantine barn area.

Horse of the Year Curlin also has enjoyed his stay in Dubai, where he has been given an entire barn to ensure a peaceful environment and an uninterrupted training routine. Only Curlin’s pony companion Pancho is stabled in the same quarters, said assistant trainer Scott Blasi.

Quarantine regulations also have ensured that Curlin has not been bothered by journalists, photographers or other curious onlookers. Guards and barricades surround the barn area so that visitors who are not connected with the horses are prevented from entering and thus possibly spreading contagious diseases among the horses that have gathered from around the world.

For Curlin’s fellow Dubai World Cup (sponsored by Emirates) contender Well Armed, traveling to the United Arab Emirates has represented a homecoming. The five-year-old gelding previously raced in Dubai in 2006, when he was a winner during the Dubai International Racing Carnival, and assistant trainer Jake Vinci is sure that the horse remembers Nad Al Sheba fondly.

“He knows he is back—I can tell. He goes around and just stops and looks at things with his ears pricked. He loves it here,” Vinci said.
Old 03-25-2008, 03:30 PM
Arlington Park

Good info, keep it coming...BTW where is the link for this I am curious?
Old 03-25-2008, 05:35 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSC
Good info, keep it coming...BTW where is the link for this I am curious?
Here...

http://www.emiratesracing.com/era/index.cfm

http://blog.dubairacingclub.com/

http://dubairacingclub.com/dubaiworldcup/index.php

http://www.gulfnews.com/sport/index.html
Old 03-25-2008, 07:16 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaripeo

UAE DERBY
COCOA BEACH Saeed Bin Suroor
ETCHED Saeed Bin Suroor
HONOUR DEVIL Mike De Kock
IIDE KENSHIN Mitsugu Kon
LIGHT GREEN Pedro Nickel Filho
MASSIVE DRAMA Dale Romans
MY INDY Saeed Bin Suroor
NUMAANY Saeed Bin Suroor
ROCK ASCOT Doug Watson
ROYAL VINTAGE Mike De Kock
STRIKE THE DEAL Jeremy Noseda
YANKADI Barry Hills
ZAIN ALMA AENEE Julio Gardel

Out.....
Old 03-25-2008, 09:20 PM
Ak-Sar-Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by my miss storm cat
Out.....
Its OK with me. As long they dont scrch the chocolate

No wonder they like it hot....
Old 03-25-2008, 09:25 PM
Ak-Sar-Ben

From SAHORSERACING.:
DUTY FREE: JAPAN VS SOUTH AFRICA?
The South African's hold a key hand in the Dubai Duty Free billed as the race of the day this Saturday on World Cup night, but the Japanese are set to bring their own mix to the party.
Vodka, Japan’s sole filly to be lining up at the Dubai World Cup meeting, was seen out on the turf track under leading jockey Yutaka Take this morning, who believes his mount has a real chance of lifting the Dubai Duty Free, sponsored by Dubai Duty Free.
Take commented after her workout: “She was alone on the turf course, so she was shying and a bit nervous about the surroundings.
“I think she just was not acquainted with the place, however, once she changed into the top gear, she put in a fantastic performance and I thought that was her real form.
“I think she is in better form than when she was at Kyoto Racecourse during the quarantine and I am very much looking forward to Saturday’s race.”
Trainer Katsuhiko Sumii is also hopeful of the chances of his four-year-old, who became the first filly to win the Japanese Derby in 64 years.
He said: “She was shying a bit, but her actual performance was no problem at all. We have been doing our best for her and everything has been going well.
“She will not appear on the main track tomorrow or the day after tomorrow, but she will have a light canter in the trotting area.”
Admire Aura, a four-year-old colt by Agnes Tachyon, who finished fourth in the Group 1 Satsuki Sho (Japanese 2,000 Guineas) and third in the Japanese Derby last year cantered with the UAE Derby runner Iide Kenshin on the dirt course.
His exercise rider Tsuyoshi Matsuda said: “The horse did not have any problem during the trip to Dubai. He is eating up very well and is in a good form. We are planning to gallop him with Iide Kenshin again tomorrow.”
European import Darjina made an appearance on the training track in front of Alain de Royer-Dupre.
The trainer of the French challenger, who is a winner of five of her eight lifetime starts, said: "She's a little light and I've kept her on the dirt today. We will give her some action on the turf tomorrow."
South African trainer Herman Brown was also on hand to supervise his pair of contenders for the US$5million turf contest, Linngari and Jay Peg.
“The Dubai Duty Free has an extremely strong field but Linngari has the background to run a big race as he was a very strong second behind the best turf horse [Admire Moon] last year,” commented Brown.
“He has the potential to perform well on the day. We need to have the horse feeling well and he’ll do the rest.”
“While Jay Peg is very, very fit. It will be the toughest race of his career and I think the draw will play a big part in how he runs.”

No wonder they like it hot....
Old 03-26-2008, 06:34 AM
Arlington Park

The Dubai Duty Free is the race I always look fwd to on Cup day, not the Dubai World Cup, this is the race that is the best from a handicapping perspective.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:47 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSC
The Dubai Duty Free is the race I always look fwd to on Cup day, not the Dubai World Cup, this is the race that is the best from a handicapping perspective.
Same here..... just such a great field!

The Hong Kong Raiders.....

http://www.hkjc.com/english/news/news_2008032618490.htm
Old 03-27-2008, 09:43 PM
Santa Anita

Seachange with her handlers Jayne and Sean.
Old 09-29-2008, 01:14 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by my miss storm cat
Yeah I was just looking.... Hard Top? I thought he was retired.
Hey No Chance.....

He's here!!!!!

http://www.brisnet.com/bris_link/pdf...her_126093.pdf
Old 10-02-2008, 04:19 PM
Saratoga

Missed the race but hey, Hard Top was 3rd (to Formal boy)!