Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > International Racing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-12-2007, 10:52 PM
Saratoga

Default The Queen at Royal Randwick!

Queens of the Desert at Randwick

Sydney's most fashionable drag queen, Mitzi from Priscilla Queen of the Desert, will be joining fashionistas and A-list celebrities at Royal Randwick this Saturday for Schweppes Sydney Cup Day.

Mitzi will arrive on course with Priscilla, the flamboyant silver bus and undisputed start of the hit musical, with special VIP reserved parking on the Rose Garden Lawn. Mitzi, dressed in her famous thong dress, will be roaming the course spreading the word with pink ping-pong balls. She is rumoured to make a special guest appearance at Fashions on the Field where her signature style will guarantee to give hosts Alex Perry and Erika Heynatz something to talk about.

In early April 2007, Priscilla Queen of the Desert - The Musical celebrated its 200th performance at Star City's Lyric Theatre in Sydney. The 200th performance coincided with the 6th month anniversary of the world premiere on 7 October 2006. The production continues to go from strength to strength, selling more than 250,000 tickets to date, and taking in excess of $20M at the box office.

Schweppes Sydney Cup Day is the fourth and final day of the Tooheys New Easter Carnival. With four Group 1 races, FREE Carnivale-themed trackside entertainment and sensational weather forecast, this Saturday is gearing up to be the highlight of the Carnival. Purchase a racebook on the day and you could win a trip to the Melbourne Cup! For more information visit www.ajc.com.au

Gate Open: 10:00am
First Race: 11:30am
Last Race: 4:50pm

AJC Media Release Published 12/04/07

http://www.virtualformguide.com/cgi-...12queensof.txt