Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Dee Tee Stables
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-27-2007, 02:05 PM
Gulfstream Park

looks like the gals feelin much betta.....glad to see

PWNED
Old 06-27-2007, 02:48 PM
Randwyck

Sounds like Sumwon had a nice work. She seems to like the surface/surroundings at Churchill. Too bad she couldn't get one more start there, higher purses at CD would've been a plus as well.
Old 06-27-2007, 04:28 PM
Churchill Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scav
I am going to be deathly sick that Wednesday...DEATHLY...
Where do I send the get well cards & flowers ?
Gotta Love Horse Racing !!
Old 06-27-2007, 05:03 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot
FYI, the Police are having a big concert at Churchill July 14th (Saturday after the Arlington race). I'd think that has to be disruptive to the horses. Chuck? How was the Stones thing?
The fact that there was no training for 2 days was the biggest issue. The night of the concert was not a real big deal. Thunder over Louisville is worse.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:48 PM
Newmarket

The best news I heard all day, well...second best

http://www.hickoryhillhoff.blogspot.com/
Old 06-28-2007, 09:36 AM
Detroit Race Course

Thumbs up SWLY work

A bullet work (1/25) of 5f in 1:00 2/5 under no urging from
chilli Willy. The week off may have made our girl hungry to return to the track. Let's hope she is refreshed and ready to roll !!!
Old 06-28-2007, 11:05 AM
Lincoln Fields

Nice big rain across the midwest - good chance for everyone cool off next couple days, including Sumwon! Dumb question, where would she have been stabled this time last year - would have even been in training??
Old 06-28-2007, 11:16 AM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Many Others
Nice big rain across the midwest - good chance for everyone cool off next couple days, including Sumwon! Dumb question, where would she have been stabled this time last year - would have even been in training??
Most likely was still at a farm being broken and prepared for track/sale..
Old 06-28-2007, 11:53 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept
Most likely was still at a farm being broken and prepared for track/sale..
It is absolutely amazing the transformation that a little TLC and someone that has a clue can do with a horse. Horse have to have heart and she obviously has that but still. She was running 10k claimers at Da Mountain, to a 50k claimer at Churchill, and is a future stakes winner, and hell, PROBABLY a G3 winner if you can catch one of those spots.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:05 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
It is absolutely amazing the transformation that a little TLC and someone that has a clue can do with a horse. Horse have to have heart and she obviously has that but still. She was running 10k claimers at Da Mountain, to a 50k claimer at Churchill, and is a future stakes winner, and hell, PROBABLY a G3 winner if you can catch one of those spots.
And she's mentally a "happier" horse, more relaxed, with a healthier life. The horses deserve that.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:06 PM
Detroit Race Course

Quote:
Under Chuck's care I believe this filly is just starting to come into her own. If he would have had Sumwon from the start she would most likely have run through her conditions by now. Black type in her future imo.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:11 PM
Flemington

Quote:

I wonder how many people took a look at their Form and wondered what the heck was going on. You always hear some bitter person at the track cursing horses like Sumwon who move up with a new trainer when this was obviously very legitimate.
Old 06-28-2007, 01:03 PM
Aqueduct

if I were 'capping her last 2 races blindly, I'd still be scratching my head, wondering what the hell did I miss.
it is really nice to view things from this perspective in regards to 'capping horses w/new connections and new directions.
a little more thorough(bred) understanding is always good.
Old 06-28-2007, 02:10 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny Leger
Under Chuck's care I believe this filly is just starting to come into her own. If he would have had Sumwon from the start she would most likely have run through her conditions by now. Black type in her future imo.
I want nothing more but for her to be successful, but it takes alot to win a graded race and her number power just isn't there yet. If she keeps on improving, sure, she will have a shot, but there is always an end of improvement. The goal then is to just stay consistent, which Chuck will do
Old 06-28-2007, 02:24 PM
Narragansett Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sightseek
I wonder how many people took a look at their Form and wondered what the heck was going on. You always hear some bitter person at the track cursing horses like Sumwon who move up with a new trainer when this was obviously very legitimate.

Oh, and you can bet that same bitter person is accusing us of cheating. Got to be some drug we're giving her, yada, yada......

I hope none of us ever hear some a$$hole say that after we've won a race. It's a bitter pill to swallow.

Had a horse I claimed for $5k that kept getting beat at that level and we moved him up to win an allowance race 2 or 3 races after we claimed him. All we did was make him happy and feed him. During the allowance win circle photo, what did I hear? "What dope you got him on? You really juiced him up, didn't you?" It's not a good feeling.....
Old 06-28-2007, 02:43 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by phystech
Oh, and you can bet that same bitter person is accusing us of cheating. Got to be some drug we're giving her, yada, yada......

I hope none of us ever hear some a$$hole say that after we've won a race. It's a bitter pill to swallow.

Had a horse I claimed for $5k that kept getting beat at that level and we moved him up to win an allowance race 2 or 3 races after we claimed him. All we did was make him happy and feed him. During the allowance win circle photo, what did I hear? "What dope you got him on? You really juiced him up, didn't you?" It's not a good feeling.....
There's not a more cynical group than the horseplayer..You win and you doped him, you lose and you stiffed him
Old 06-28-2007, 10:44 PM
Detroit Race Course

Quote:
I want nothing more but for her to be successful, but it takes alot to win a graded race and her number power just isn't there yet. If she keeps on improving, sure, she will have a shot, but there is always an end of improvement. The goal then is to just stay consistent, which Chuck will do

If she can improve her current bsf by 10% she could easily become a stakes placed filly. I don't know about graded stakes, but as she matures and continues to learn, imo this horse hasn't topped out just yet. Her pedigree says a mile and one eighth is doable at four or five years old, and some soft fields could be found.
Old 06-28-2007, 10:58 PM
Louisiana Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBBob
There's not a more cynical group than the horseplayer..You win and you doped him, you lose and you stiffed him

So true. Now explain how someone with such wisdom and insight could end up a die-hard fan of the ****ing Green Bay Packers?
Old 06-29-2007, 04:55 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan's twin
So true. Now explain how someone with such wisdom and insight could end up a die-hard fan of the ****ing Green Bay Packers?

It's all in the breeding Satan..Plus I wouldn't chirp too much..Your season may be in the "Tank" yet..
See you in the Park today?