Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Dee Tee Stables
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-11-2007, 11:35 AM
Benevolus

Default Dee Tee Stables Question

I don't know if this is the right place for this question, but I was thinking of investing some money in some horses later this year and wanted to know about fees and if you anything is available or will be later this summer.

Is Chuck Simon the trainer? I work at Churchill and actually put one of our horses in his barn today because we have no room. Unfortunately he lost yesterday due to a terrible trip in the first race at Churchill.

Thanks for your help. I would definitely like to try investing a little money before investing a larger amount later this year.
Old 05-14-2007, 11:41 AM
Keeneland

Steve has all the info in the Dee Tee thread, but you might also consider checking out polyhorse.com.

The website is under construction, but this is from Charles Simon Racing, and looks very interesting.
"Have the clean racing people run any ads explaining that giving a horse a Starbucks and a chocolate poppyseed muffin for breakfast would likely result in a ten year suspension for the trainer?" - Dr. Andrew Roberts
Old 05-14-2007, 12:04 PM
Steve Byk

Benev,

Dee Tee isn't an investment.. It's more of 'racing club'. $500.00 buy-in only and no other typical monthly fees/charges after that. No one has 5% of the horse, so there are no tax consequences... Strictly a means to assemble as friends at racetracks and have a great time as 'owners'.

We get together, buy a horse, Chuck trains, covers the day rate and basic expenses, spots the horse, gets 50% of purses (instead of 10%). If we build any kind of a nest egg with winnings, we buy another horse... It's thoroughbred racing at the grass roots level!

Chuck has more of an investment partnership called 'Polyhorse Partners' as Riot mentioned. It's a 4 horse deal and a share is $7,500. I believe he has just 1, or maybe 2, shares left available...

Based on interest, we are likely forming a 2nd offering to buy a NYbred yearling this summer and a 3rd offering for another 'in training' runner like Sumwonlovesyou... Stay tuned here...
Old 06-28-2007, 04:44 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benevolus
I don't know if this is the right place for this question, but I was thinking of investing some money in some horses later this year and wanted to know about fees and if you anything is available or will be later this summer.

Is Chuck Simon the trainer? I work at Churchill and actually put one of our horses in his barn today because we have no room. Unfortunately he lost yesterday due to a terrible trip in the first race at Churchill.

Thanks for your help. I would definitely like to try investing a little money before investing a larger amount later this year.

Benevolus..I just signed up on the board so I know this is an outdated post, but I'm in that Polyhorse Partnership with Chuck. If you have any questions, let me know and we can chat. It's been great though and I can't imagine doing this with anyone other than him.