Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Breeders' Cup Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-23-2007, 05:33 PM
Flemington

Default Indian Vale

Was I the only one who was totally shocked to see her made the ML favorite in the Distaff?
Old 10-23-2007, 05:41 PM
Calder Race Course

not shocked to see her as fav. It was going to be one of three IV, UB, GP.

I guess J Velazquez/ Pletcher combo has something to do with it in addition to her high BSF and record at distance ( 7-6-1-0 ).

that being said; I like Bear Now, HystercalLady ( despite the post ) Lear's Princess, And Lady Joanne
Old 10-23-2007, 05:48 PM
Flemington

For starters, she's finished behind Unbridled Belle in EACH of her last three races.

And with Hystericalady in the race, there is no way Indian Vale gets an easy early lead....or any early lead at all.

I agree that it's a tough race to make an ML for....but Indian Vale has all the look of the 5th choice in the betting to me.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:50 PM
Jerome Park

I was shocked. I assume Brad Thomas made the line and I'm sure he did a far better job than I could have but I think he blew this one badly.

It's a wide open race and an especially tough one to make a line.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:51 PM
The Curragh

It's a very competitive race, but i think Unbridled Belle would be the NAP of the breeders cup. I don't see how she isn't top of the M/L.

and now we murderers because we kill time
Old 10-23-2007, 06:05 PM
Newmarket

wide open race, imo. a complex race. would not want to be assigned the task of making the line. who knows how the public is going to see this one?
I would probably start with Unbridled Belle and Lears Princess as tepid fav's.

imo anything put on Hysterical Lady or Tough Tizs Sis is dead money.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:08 PM
Flemington

Why?
Old 10-23-2007, 06:13 PM
Calder Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlJim78

imo anything put on Hysterical Lady is dead money.
what? because of the post?

she certainly is fast enough to win
Old 10-23-2007, 06:21 PM
Oaklawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHoss9698
I was too. But I have to say, I don't know who should be. Lear's Princess? Unbridled Belle?
If you name enough horses then you are bound to be right.

Last edited by whodey17 : 10-23-2007 at 06:50 PM.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:24 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by robfla
what? because of the post?

she certainly is fast enough to win
Anyone of Hystericalady's last three dirt races are good enough to mop up this pathetic field.

She's faster than the other speed, and the nine furlong distance will suit her perfectly. I also am quite puzzled how she can be considered dead money at 8/1. I suppose she becomes a FAR less attractive if her synthetic races are held against her - but, anyone who's watched her dirt races knows she's a speed horse who breaks open races with an explosive burst off the far turn, and on synthetic surfaces, those horses always underperform.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:31 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodey17
If you name enough horses then your are bound to be right.
^^^

This has got to be one of your more ridiculous posts, Euro. He named two horses, please...
Old 10-23-2007, 06:45 PM
top predator.

Quote:
If you name enough horses then your are bound to be right.
exactly why the phuck are you here?

you have yet to add anything...take shots at the site host and other posters, and behave like the consumate troll.

Steve deleted you once....and was kind enough to let you back in....but keep it up and the hospitality will end.

oh, and it's 'you are' or 'you're' never 'your are' ...ass hole.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:51 PM
Oaklawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by paisjpq
exactly why the phuck are you here?

you have yet to add anything...take shots at the site host and other posters, and behave like the consumate troll.

Steve deleted you once....and was kind enough to let you back in....but keep it up and the hospitality will end.

oh, and it's 'you are' or 'you're' never 'your are' ...ass hole.
The "your are" is corrected. And why exactly are you here? What do you add? I guess you are here to correct people's posts. A very good contribution I might add.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:52 PM
The Curragh

Good Job Theb... he/she/it clearly just wants to antagonize
Old 10-23-2007, 06:59 PM
top predator.

Quote:
The "your are" is corrected. And why exactly are you here? What do you add? I guess you are here to correct people's posts. A very good contribution I might add.

I freely admit I add little...and yet in spite of that, at least a few people still seem to like me....can you say the same?
Old 10-23-2007, 07:10 PM
Oaklawn

Quote:
I freely admit I add little...and yet in spite of that, at least a few people still seem to like me....can you say the same?
Well lets see here. I talk horses and people give me crap, I post picks and people accuse me of posting fake bets or betting stupid. I do not think I have ever started in on someone first. But if people are going to give me crap, then I am going to give it right back. I am more than happy to talk racing and analysis and all that good stuff without any backlash. It is great to freely express one's opinion on a horse or race. But what is the point when your opinion gets called stupid, or someone criticizes your post. I believe this site was intended to gather people who love this sport to talk about it intellectually, maturely and without prejudice. However, I could be wrong. Tons of people on this board have great things to say or add, but they might feel a little hesitant because they see the backlash that people get when they post. I have a feeling that you could add tons and so could everyone else if people were a little more open and a little less ignorant.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:15 PM
top predator.

Quote:
Well lets see here. I talk horses and people give me crap, I post picks and people accuse me of posting fake bets or betting stupid. I do not think I have ever started in on someone first. But if people are going to give me crap, then I am going to give it right back. I am more than happy to talk racing and analysis and all that good stuff without any backlash. It is great to freely express one's opinion on a horse or race. But what is the point when your opinion gets called stupid, or someone criticizes your post. I believe this site was intended to gather people who love this sport to talk about it intellectually, maturely and without prejudice. However, I could be wrong. Tons of people on this board have great things to say or add, but they might feel a little hesitant because they see the backlash that people get when they post. I have a feeling that you could add tons and so could everyone else if people were a little more open.
you are not wrong in the intent of the site...but spare me the martyr act about your own posting.....you are far from innocent...perhaps it is because your agenda regarding some aspects of this sport and certain members of this site are all too transparent....or perhaps it is because you have a history here of argumentative posts...or perhaps people simply don't like you...I don't know.

but I will say this....the last time you were deleted I spoke up on your behalf...and given the nature of your attitude I regret my own action.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:18 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
...And why exactly are you here? What do you add?...
Among the numerous contributions that Beth makes to the site... one is to try to keep trolls in check ...now what is it again that you add???
Old 10-23-2007, 07:20 PM
Oaklawn

Quote:
you are not wrong in the intent of the site...but spare me the martyr act about your own posting.....you are far from innocent...perhaps it is because your agenda regarding some aspects of this sport and certain members of this site are all too transparent....or perhaps it is because you have a history here of argumentative posts...or perhaps people simply don't like you...I don't know.

but I will say this....the last time you were deleted I spoke up on your behalf...and given the nature of your attitude I regret my own action.
I remember you speaking up and I do appreciate that effort. But please find me one post that I ever posted that starts in on someone from this board. I have zero agenda. I have been accussed of one, which always perplexed me. Over on the Esoteric page, DaHoss starts in on me and I completely left it alone. Last week BTW starts in on me for no reason at all. I am not being a martry, but if people are going to be nasty, rude or mean to me, then you better believe I am going to be the same back. I don't like or dislike anyone on this board. How on earth can anyone like or dislike someone they never met.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:22 PM
Oaklawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payson Dave
Among the numerous contributions that Beth makes to the site... one is to try to keep trolls in check ...now what is it again that you add???
I could add tons, but choose not to. Why add something when you don't feel like your opinion matters.