Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Triple Crown Topics/Archive..
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-02-2009, 07:50 PM
Steve Byk

Default 2/7 (FG): Risen Star; Mineshaft; SBD; Fair Grounds H. (Gr. III's)

6th (2:55) Mineshaft H. (G3)

1 1/16 Miles | Open | 4 Year Olds And Up Stakes | Purse: $125,000

1 Secret Getaway Graham J 119 L
2 Good and Lucky Valenzuela P A 120 L
3 Smokeyjonessutton Theriot H J II 112 Blk-Off L
4 Grasshopper Albarado R J 119 L
5 My Pal Charlie Bourque C C 121 L
6 Coragil Cat Hernandez B J Jr 114 L
7 Brothers Nicholas Prado E S 116 L
8 Honest Man Saez G 119 L

7th (3:25) Fair Grounds H. (G3)

About 1 1/8 Miles (Turf) | Open | 4 Year Olds And Up Stakes | Purse: $125,000

2 Jimmy Simms Bridgmohan S X 117 L
3 Sidcup Campbell J M 117 L
1 French Beret Graham J 120 L
4 Corrupt Albarado R J 118 L
1A Windward Islands Lanerie C J 118 L
5 Diamond Tycoon Leparoux J R 116 L
6 My Happiness (ARG) Prado E S 114 L
7 Demarcation Castanon J L 120 L
8 (MTO) Brothers Nicholas Graham J 115 L

A-Coupled: French Beret and Windward Islands

8th (3:55) Silverbulletday S. (G3)

1 1/16 Miles | Fillies | 3 Year Olds Stakes | Purse: $150,000

1 Four Gifts Albarado R J 122 L
2 More of the Best Castanon J L 116 L
3 War Echo Bridgmohan S X 116 L
4 Flying Spur Valenzuela P A 116 L
5 Garter Belt Lanerie C J 116 L
6 Southern Yankee Saez G 122 L
7 Just Jenda Thompson T J 122 L
8 War Tigress Hernandez B J Jr 120 L

9th (4:29) Risen Star S. (G3)

http://www.brisnet.com/bris_link/pdf...les_137992.pdf

1 1/16 Miles | Open | 3 Year Olds Stakes | Purse: $200,000

1 Map of the World Bourque C C 116 L
2 Indygo Mountain Theriot H J II 116 L
3 Nowhere to Hide Lanerie C J 116 L
4 It Happened Again Thompson T J 120 L
5 Uno Mas Hernandez B J Jr 120 L
6 Friesan Fire Saez G 122 L
7 Giant Oak Prado E S 120 L
8 Dumar Bridgmohan S X 120 L
9 Code of Honour Toups R 116 L
10 Soul Warrior Valenzuela P A 116 L
11 Summer's Empire Campbell J M 122 L
12 Flying Pegasus Albarado R J 120 L
13 Au Moon Leparoux J R 116 L

Last edited by Kasept : 02-03-2009 at 07:31 AM.
Old 02-02-2009, 08:17 PM
Hippodrome Bluebonnets

yea steve you beat me to it was just going to put up the draws for sat at fair grounds. should be a good day of racing.
Old 02-02-2009, 08:40 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

wow, a couple of really good races.

can't wait to see how giant oak and summer's empire fare here -- loved the former's two wins at AP and think the latter's going to turn out okay after all.

and good old Sidcup shows up. love that guy.
Old 02-02-2009, 10:46 PM
Hippodrome Bluebonnets

Well I know where I will be Saturday! I have been waiting for this race. Hopefully I will be able to get up close and get some good pics. I will be pulling for My Pal Charlie and Indygo Mountian. I know Indygo Mountian hasnt really shown much but I really like him.
Old 02-03-2009, 05:14 AM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPerfectfan
I will be pulling for My Pal Charlie and Indygo Mountian. I know Indygo Mountian hasnt really shown much but I really like him.
Don't think that it's a case of Indygo Mountain not showing much as it is a case of him having about as rotten luck as any horse out there to this point. Between getting off schedule losing time to the bruised hoof and then the nightmare in the Lecomte, he's due to get a break. He has talent and things will come together somewhere along the line. Don't think this is a horse to give up on yet.
Old 02-03-2009, 06:09 AM
Randwyck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept
Don't think that it's a case of Indygo Mountain not showing much as it is a case of him having about as rotten luck as any horse out there to this point. Between getting off schedule losing time to the bruised hoof and then the nightmare in the Lecomte, he's due to get a break. He has talent and things will come together somewhere along the line. Don't think this is a horse to give up on yet.
I agree. And drawing the 2 hole should put him in much better position than his far outside post in the Lecomte. As long as he breaks clean, he should have no excuses this time around.
Old 02-03-2009, 10:19 AM
The Curragh

A$$ switches Bridge off Uno Mas to Dumar. Hernandez picks up the mount on Uno Mas. And we all know A$$ only uses Bridge for his very best stock (which is confussing anyways), interesting.

giving giant oak a long look, even though i hate the layoff

-bt-
Old 02-03-2009, 10:35 AM
Hippodrome Bluebonnets

yea good races and the weather should be good sunny and in the 70's.
no rain
indygo mountain should be in good shape this time. at one time the meche twins were steve a's go to guys at fair grounds.
Old 02-03-2009, 01:42 PM
Fairgrounds

Another fine day of racing at the Fairgrounds. What was looking like mid size fields explodes to full or fuller fields, particularly pleased the filly race is now up to 8.
Weather is going to be chilly this week, with NO RAIN , then warms up for Saturday to the low 70's, sunny and breezy.

Freisan Fire I think will still be tough in here, and hopefully Indygo Mountain can move forward, he has had a tough go of it this year.
Hernandez and Assmussen have had quite a successful pairing here this season, although I agree the move with Bridgomahan to Dumar is suspect. Really interested with Giant Oak also that Prado comes in to ride, even with the long lay off, supposedly he has been working well here. And Julien comes into ride Au Moon once again.

Turf should be very nice, had alot of rain yesterday.

Small group of DT'ers meeting up at the paddock bar and sharing my box, 1 is even flying in for a little vacay. Going to be a fun filled day!!!
Old 02-03-2009, 01:54 PM
Oaklawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemoncrush
I agree. And drawing the 2 hole should put him in much better position than his far outside post in the Lecomte. As long as he breaks clean, he should have no excuses this time around.
yea, the lecomte was a funny race. Friesen Fire ran big, but the pace was slow and FF "stole" great forward position for the 1mile finishline position. The race was over at 4f.

"Long" stretch for the Risen Star?
Old 02-03-2009, 02:08 PM
Fairgrounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Fischer
yea, the lecomte was a funny race. Friesen Fire ran big, but the pace was slow and FF "stole" great forward position for the 1mile finishline position. The race was over at 4f.

"Long" stretch for the Risen Star?
Yes I'm pretty sure it is the long stretch, but I'm going to double check that, will verify it later.

I haven't watched the LeCompte on the DVR yet, I need to watch it, such a different perspective when you are actually at the track being a railbird...

That first clubhouse turn is going to be a bit tricky with that size of a field, it could either put a horse in the race or decidely put them at a huge disadvantage. Prado has ridden here a few times, but the rest are regular riders, even Julien even though he's at GP this year, but spent 3/4 of the season here last year.

Last edited by FGFan : 02-03-2009 at 06:58 PM.
Old 02-03-2009, 06:53 PM
Sheepshead Bay

6 stakes ---4 graded.... too bad I have to work or else I would come on down and join y'all....

Early thoughts.....

Race 4 Pan Zaretta Secret Gypsey chalk..... Shilla could pull the upset
Race 5 Colonel Power... Match race between Chamb-Bridge and Storm Treasure???? not so fast... plenty of speed including a girl.. Treasure at the rail might find traffic... don't leave out Rouse the Cat
Race 6 Mineshaft... I see Honest Man over Grasshopper... but My Pal Charlie could have a say-so
Race 7 FG Cap-- Questionable affair.... I see Corrupt edging the upset minded Windward Island
Race 8.. Silverbulletday.... Just Jenda is just fine with me as a single...

Race 9 Risen Star.... Giant Oak stakes claim as the early Derby choice
Indygo fares better but not good enough Soul Warrior shows some heart filling out the tri....

Just some thoughts.... enjoy your week pondering a big week in the big easy... Mardi Gras parades have started so it's a great time to visit...
Old 02-03-2009, 07:03 PM
Fairgrounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by swedejxn
6 stakes ---4 graded.... too bad I have to work or else I would come on down and join y'all....

Early thoughts.....

Race 5 Colonel Power... Match race between Chamb-Bridge and Storm Treasure???? not so fast... plenty of speed including a girl.. Treasure at the rail might find traffic... don't leave out Rouse the Cat
Race 6 Mineshaft... I see Honest Man over Grasshopper... but My Pal Charlie could have a say-so
Race 7 FG Cap-- Questionable affair.... I see Corrupt edging the upset minded Windward Island

Indygo fares better but not good enough Soul Warrior shows some heart filling out the tri....

Just some thoughts.... enjoy your week pondering a big week in the big easy... Mardi Gras parades have started so it's a great time to visit...
Well if plans change come on down...I'm sure someone will have a DT hat on. It's the nicest time of Mardi Gras before the big crush, Krewe of Vieux Carre' is on tab for Saturday..old fashioned walking parade in the quarter, very neighborhoody kinda thing.

CONFIRMED that this is the long stretch, normal finish line, but remember it is short going into that first clubhouse turn, comes up very quickly.
Old 02-03-2009, 07:45 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by swedejxn

Early thoughts.....

An Illinois bred....love it

Plus we ran third to him in his debut
Old 02-03-2009, 08:36 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBBob

Just hope he's outside on that final turn and runs straight. The Woodford was a throw out as be was blocked completely on the rail. Man this horse has a HUGE stride.
Old 02-03-2009, 08:45 PM
Suffolk Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBBob

He is also a Giants Causeway. Giants Causeway was a great great racehorse, for those who are not familiar. People around here seem to really like him as a sire.
Old 02-03-2009, 08:48 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagulla
He is also a Giants Causeway. Giants Causeway was a great great racehorse, for those who are not familiar. People around here seem to really like him as a sire.

NT
Old 02-03-2009, 08:52 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
i see subtlety is not your strong point.
Old 02-04-2009, 12:38 AM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Quote:
LMAO.
Old 02-04-2009, 01:28 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
Name one person here who really likes him as a sire.