Race 7: 7-6-9

My pick ran out

The 6 was no worse than 2nd entire race

23- :46.1 :58.3 1:11.3
Old 12-09-2015, 02:34 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarHorse View Post
I posted that for anyone who chose to read. Where did I say what I posted is my advice to anyone??

I do my handicapping a day in advance, for 23 years I've been placing my bets by 8AM... What I've see today, I'll adjust into my handicapping for tomorrow..
But thats my point, sometimes the track changes from race to race let alone from day to day. You are at a HUGE disadvantage by putting bets in at 8am and we're not even talking about possible scratches that affect the way a race might be ran.
Old 12-09-2015, 02:35 PM
Washington Park

I have to say something, today there seemed to be quite a few "birds" chirping in here about my style of betting...
It's very easy to sit on the sidelines with your comments. Why don't you post your daily,plays ??
As I stated from my very first day here, it's hit or miss...lately it's been more miss...

I was bought up with these skill sets, if you don't have something nice to say don't say it....

I'll leave it at that...

I will continue posting my daily picks, no one has to reply. Not doing it to impress anyone...

That's it, for anyone who is really betting I wish you well...

Those arm chair QBs move on from me
Old 12-09-2015, 02:38 PM
Washington Park

From what I've seen today, you have to be no worse than 3rd... I will take that into advisement as I handicap now for Thursday..
Am I at a disadvantage possibly, but I've been doing this now for 23 years. Hard to teach an "old dog" new tricks

I do thank you for your comments

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716 View Post
But thats my point, sometimes the track changes from race to race let alone from day to day. You are at a HUGE disadvantage by putting bets in at 8am and we're not even talking about possible scratches that affect the way a race might be ran.
Old 12-09-2015, 02:42 PM
Longchamps

Quote:
I have to say something, today there seemed to be quite a few "birds" chirping in here about my style of betting...
It's very easy to sit on the sidelines with your comments. Why don't you post your daily,plays ??
As I stated from my very first day here, it's hit or miss...lately it's been more miss...

I was bought up with these skill sets, if you don't have something nice to say don't say it....

I'll leave it at that...

I will continue posting my daily picks, no one has to reply. Not doing it to impress anyone...

Just trying to find out your strategy and see if we are missing something. As for posting picks everyone commenting are frequently posting picks. Some pretty successful
Old 12-09-2015, 02:50 PM
Flemington

Quote:
From what I've seen today, you have to be no worse than 3rd... I will take that into advisement as I handicap now for Thursday..
Am I at a disadvantage possibly, but I've been doing this now for 23 years. Hard to teach an "old dog" new tricks

I do thank you for your comments
I think everyone has actually been very complementary to you as I've seen many well wishes going your way. I've seen new guys come in, start posting and get absolutely roasted, this has been far from the case as everyone seems to be gennerally rooting for you.

But you cant kill people for having questions about your strategies, especially with the amounts you say that you are pushing through the windows. If that's the case, why post them at all?

There are a couple of very good cappers on this board and I've been fortunate to learn a little from all of them. That's what this place is all about. Just like we are trying to gain an edge by asking you certain questions, you could quite possibly learn something from some of the people that post here.

Best of Luck, I'd really like to see you make a comeback.
Old 12-09-2015, 02:53 PM
Saratoga

Quote:

I'll leave it at that...

The arm chair quarterbacks post their REAL MONEY picks in the selections thread and have been doing so for years. They are experienced enough to see that you have absolutely no chance whatsoever of digging out of this 14 K hole in a week especially betting Win bets on odds on favorites. We tried to tactfully point that out but now you have copped an attitude.
Old 12-09-2015, 02:58 PM
Washington Park

Maybe I'm just cranky with this cold steak I'm going through... Thus my short comments... yes many are rooting for my comeback...

I DO play every bet that I post, in fact sometimes even more... My "mentor" questions my strategy daily by the way... He gets frustrated with me..
I'm a stubborn person, am constantly reading books,trends,angles...

I used to play the Grand Slam everyday I gave up after going 0-29

I do thank you for your kind words

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716 View Post
I think everyone has actually been very complementary to you as I've seen many well wishes going your way. I've seen new guys come in, start posting and get absolutely roasted, this has been far from the case as everyone seems to be gennerally rooting for you.

But you cant kill people for having questions about your strategies, especially with the amounts you say that you are pushing through the windows. If that's the case, why post them at all?

There are a couple of very good cappers on this board and I've been fortunate to learn a little from all of them. That's what this place is all about. Just like we are trying to gain an edge by asking you certain questions, you could quite possibly learn something from some of the people that post here.

Best of Luck, I'd really like to see you make a comeback.
Old 12-09-2015, 03:07 PM
Washington Park

As I've stated now 3 times I place my bets EVERY morning at 8AM so I have NO idea what the odds on my horse will be at post time.....

You and others say me betting early is not good, I do it for the following reasons:

1-Some of my picks are longer prices, if I wait till post and see those odds I've been known to change my mind thus causing me to either not bet

2- I am out of my house quite a bit and don't want to miss the races I've chosen to bet for the day

3- been doing this for 23 years and my habits are hard to change

Final point, you say you doubt I can get out of this hole in a week...tell you what it WILL happen... And not by betting 3/5 shots...

If you took offense to my comments I'm sorry, as I've stated from the first day I ever posted in here. I'm doing this me, not to impress anyone...

I've been very polite to everyone in here since my arrival, I wish people well in their threads....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62 View Post
The arm chair quarterbacks post their REAL MONEY picks in the selections thread and have been doing so for years. They are experienced enough to see that you have absolutely no chance whatsoever of digging out of this 14 K hole in a week especially betting Win bets on odds on favorites. We tried to tactfully point that out but now you have copped an attitude.
Old 12-09-2015, 03:08 PM
Washington Park

Race 8: 4-3-5

My pick ran out
Old 12-09-2015, 03:28 PM
Washington Park

Race 9: 11-4-7

My pick ran 2nd, $4.40

9-1-3-1
Bet: $1,300
Collected: $620
- $680
Old 12-09-2015, 08:59 PM
Detroit Race Course

Lonestar I understand why you need to bet by 8am but why not make them conditional
wagers based on the price you wish to accept. No one ever lost money passing a race.
Old 12-10-2015, 10:56 AM
Louisiana Downs

LoneStar, I have to say that I have been on this board for several years and have never seen the guys (and gals) be so supportive and patient. I feel like i'm in the Twilight Zone.

I wish you good luck going forward, but have to say, I can't see this turning around without a change of strategy. I hope you prove me wrong and I can learn something too.
Betting into tracks with larger fields may help?
Old 12-10-2015, 11:06 AM
Washington Park

I thank you for your words...

Hopefully Turfway Park turns it around for me.. I'm working on reinventing the "wheel"

Quote:
Originally Posted by odbaxter View Post
LoneStar, I have to say that I have been on this board for several years and have never seen the guys (and gals) be so supportive and patient. I feel like i'm in the Twilight Zone.

I wish you good luck going forward, but have to say, I can't see this turning around without a change of strategy. I hope you prove me wrong and I can learn something too.
Betting into tracks with larger fields may help?