Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > The Steve Dellinger Discourse Den
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-24-2011, 12:17 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Default Rahm Emanuel not a resident

CHICAGO (WLS) - The Illinois Appellate Court has ruled that Rahm Emanuel should not be on the Chicago mayoral ballot.

In a 2-1 decision on Monday, the Illinois Appellate Court decided to take Emanuel's name off the ballot
Old 01-24-2011, 01:20 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeWingnut View Post
CHICAGO (WLS) - The Illinois Appellate Court has ruled that Rahm Emanuel should not be on the Chicago mayoral ballot.

In a 2-1 decision on Monday, the Illinois Appellate Court decided to take Emanuel's name off the ballot
That will get appealed. No reason he shouldn't be allowed to run.
Old 01-24-2011, 01:29 PM
Havre de Grace

maybe because he didnt live in Chicago for the previous year...DOH!!
Old 01-24-2011, 01:35 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmgirvan View Post
maybe because he didnt live in Chicago for the previous year...DOH!!
Come on..he went to work for the President in the White House...big deal
Old 01-24-2011, 01:48 PM
Havre de Grace

They just finished getting rid of one political machine.....they don't need another
Old 01-24-2011, 01:51 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
They just finished getting rid of one political machine.....they don't need another
I don't live in the city, but if I did I'd vote for Gery Chico. But Emanual still should be allowed on
Old 01-24-2011, 02:31 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
That "political machine" took darn good care of Chicago for the past many decades.
"Have the clean racing people run any ads explaining that giving a horse a Starbucks and a chocolate poppyseed muffin for breakfast would likely result in a ten year suspension for the trainer?" - Dr. Andrew Roberts
Old 01-24-2011, 02:43 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot View Post
That "political machine" took darn good care of Chicago for the past many decades.
didnt take care of the people run over by the political machine!
Old 01-24-2011, 02:56 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBBob View Post
I don't live in the city, but if I did I'd vote for Gery Chico. But Emanual still should be allowed on
Vote for Pedro
Old 01-24-2011, 08:44 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
you mean those 6 figure no show jobs?
Old 01-25-2011, 06:36 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by merasmag View Post
lol
Go Bears
Old 01-25-2011, 07:11 AM
Fairgrounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBBob View Post
Go Bears
Go Steelers!!!!!!!!!!!!! How have your horses been running?
Old 01-25-2011, 09:30 AM
Keeneland

Apparently the ballots will be printed w/o Emanuel's name on it starting today. If he makes it on via the IL supreme court they will be trashed and reprinted. Love to be the vendor hired for the printing. lol

I thought for sure he'd win his case 'the Chicago way' but perhaps Rham and the true power behind the scenes in IL, namely Mike Madigan and Jimmy DeLeo aren't as chummy with Rhambo anymore since a 'friend of their's' Tony R. went away to 'college'. After all we have a local court system that has fixed slam-dunk murder cases (for between 20K and 5K) on more than one or even three occasions and involving more than three judges. They have since come back and reversed only one of those trials. (The murderer was retried despite the double jeopardy law was found guilty and has since died, while serving his time, in prison) The judge in that particular case put one in his head after learning he was being called before a Grand Jury. A second judge died 2 months after being released from jail after completing his 189 month sentence at 82 or 83. Sometime I guess Karma does seem to work. We'll now see what she has in store for the North Shore Baby with the huge bank.
Old 01-25-2011, 12:21 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by dellinger63 View Post
Apparently the ballots will be printed w/o Emanuel's name on it starting today. If he makes it on via the IL supreme court they will be trashed and reprinted. Love to be the vendor hired for the printing. lol
I thought for sure he'd win his case 'the Chicago way' but perhaps Rham and the true power behind the scenes in IL, namely Mike Madigan and Jimmy DeLeo aren't as chummy with Rhambo anymore since a 'friend of their's' Tony R. went away to 'college'. After all we have a local court system that has fixed slam-dunk murder cases (for between 20K and 5K) on more than one or even three occasions and involving more than three judges. They have since come back and reversed only one of those trials. (The murderer was retried despite the double jeopardy law was found guilty and has since died, while serving his time, in prison) The judge in that particular case put one in his head after learning he was being called before a Grand Jury. A second judge died 2 months after being released from jail after completing his 189 month sentence at 82 or 83. Sometime I guess Karma does seem to work. We'll now see what she has in store for the North Shore Baby with the huge bank.
Just in the IL Supreme Court just stayed the Appellate Court's decison and Emanuel is at least going to be included in the first printing of the ballots. According to his lawyers. Early voting starts Monday. Chicago Politics at its best.

http://www.suntimes.com/3483600-417/...appellate.html
Old 01-25-2011, 01:58 PM
Fairgrounds

Quote:
Just in the IL Supreme Court just stayed the Appellate Court's decison and Emanuel is at least going to be included in the first printing of the ballots. According to his lawyers. Early voting starts Monday. Chicago Politics at its best.

What do you expect. Isn't that where Obama was from?
Old 01-25-2011, 02:12 PM
Keeneland

Quote:

Hardly. "politics at its best" would be Emanuel not having any trouble staying on the ballet in the first place.
"Have the clean racing people run any ads explaining that giving a horse a Starbucks and a chocolate poppyseed muffin for breakfast would likely result in a ten year suspension for the trainer?" - Dr. Andrew Roberts

Last edited by Riot : 01-25-2011 at 02:38 PM.
Old 01-25-2011, 02:26 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
didnt take care of the people run over by the political machine!
You don't have to endorse it to see how it did work for the average citizen (don't conflate the two). And I'm going back to the start of the first mayor Daley and before that.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:04 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar1966 View Post
Isn't that where Obama was from?
Wait....I thought he was from Kenya?
Old 01-25-2011, 08:05 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
You don't have to endorse it to see how it did work for the average citizen (don't conflate the two). And I'm going back to the start of the first mayor Daley and before that.
I hate to agree but the Daley's were wonderful and cared about Chicago as if they owned it. Which in part they did. The city sucked under Harold Washington almost as much as under Jane Byrne (why he got elected) and the only reason Byrne got elected was a blizzard.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:07 PM
Arlington Park

I have no intention of voting for Emanuel (I'm leaning toward Miguel del Valle right now, even though he has no chance) but I absolutely think Rahm should be allowed on the ballot.