Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > The Steve Dellinger Discourse Den
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-17-2010, 04:44 PM
Del Mar

Default Airport X-Ray Controversy

I think that a large percentage of the people complaining would not be complaining if the President was a Republican. By the same token, I think many of the liberals that are not complaining about this issue, would be complaining about it if the President was a Republican.

There is a ton of hypocrisy on both sides of the aisle.
Old 11-17-2010, 05:44 PM
Randwyck

In my opinion, it's nothing about who's POTUS. It's about government interference in my life - regardless of who is in power.

National ID cards are too intrusive, but body scans and pat downs are OK.

We flew to L.A. and back the last week in September via Southwest. It was the usual take off your shoes, put your belongings in a tray, and step through the metal scanner. No big deal.

On our way home, SW was offering a deal on their credit cards. Pay $59 for one year and get a free flight on their airline anywhere they fly so long as you use the benefit in the next two years. We signed up for it.

Now with this latest news, I called Southwest today and said I wished to cancel the credit card and get my $59 back - my husband, too. They asked why and I told them that I wasn't subjecting myself to any body scan and pat down. Since we hadn't charged anything on either card, they agreed to give us our $59/each back and cancel the card.

They're paying way too much attention to individuals and not enough attention to what might be in luggage and packages.

Personal option - we refuse to fly in the future so long as they have these intrusive security measures in place.

"Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary.” Cecil Beaton
Old 11-17-2010, 07:11 PM
Jerome Park

the more security at airports, the better.

I went through one in Pittsburgh a few weeks back.. not a big deal at all. no bigger deal than walking through a metal dectector.

I'd rather have people who dont want airport security to stay home.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:15 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Doreen View Post
In my opinion, it's nothing about who's POTUS. It's about government interference in my life - regardless of who is in power.

National ID cards are too intrusive, but body scans and pat downs are OK.

We flew to L.A. and back the last week in September via Southwest. It was the usual take off your shoes, put your belongings in a tray, and step through the metal scanner. No big deal.

On our way home, SW was offering a deal on their credit cards. Pay $59 for one year and get a free flight on their airline anywhere they fly so long as you use the benefit in the next two years. We signed up for it.

Now with this latest news, I called Southwest today and said I wished to cancel the credit card and get my $59 back - my husband, too. They asked why and I told them that I wasn't subjecting myself to any body scan and pat down. Since we hadn't charged anything on either card, they agreed to give us our $59/each back and cancel the card.

They're paying way too much attention to individuals and not enough attention to what might be in luggage and packages.

Personal option - we refuse to fly in the future so long as they have these intrusive security measures in place.
I think there are plenty of people out there like yourself who do not have a political axe to grind. But when I see websites likes WND up in arms over this, I think a lot of it is politically motivated. I doubt WND would be so upset over this if Bush was President.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:17 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antitrust32 View Post
the more security at airports, the better.

I went through one in Pittsburgh a few weeks back.. not a big deal at all. no bigger deal than walking through a metal dectector.

I'd rather have people who dont want airport security to stay home.
I agree, the more security the better.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:08 PM
Arlington Park

I don't mind going through the body scanner however if there's a really cute security guard, I'm opting for the body frisk.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:14 PM
Coach Pants

I don't have a problem with it as long as they kiss the tip a little.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:24 PM
Oriental Park

Any muslim should be searched, padded down, undressed, etc. The 90 year old man in the wheelchair...He needs to roll right through. To hell with all this PC bull. Profile these C-suckers
Old 11-17-2010, 08:35 PM
Keeneland

There's a hot TSA agent at O'Hare. Works mornings. When you get to her tell her you have a ticket but can't find it. Let her go to work

Finally a government hand-out......
Old 11-17-2010, 10:38 PM
Randwyck

I'm all for airport security, but it should not be a physical assault on one's person, and that's what one must endure if the airport does not have the body scanners.

Interesting that some people may get a pass on it -

http://directorblue.blogspot.com/201...apolitano.html

"Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary.” Cecil Beaton
Old 11-17-2010, 11:01 PM
Keeneland

Except they have not been given a pass on it, have they? Nobody thinks that silly thing except the blogger. They can refuse the pat down like anyone else - and not be allowed to get on the plane, like anyone else.
"Have the clean racing people run any ads explaining that giving a horse a Starbucks and a chocolate poppyseed muffin for breakfast would likely result in a ten year suspension for the trainer?" - Dr. Andrew Roberts
Old 11-17-2010, 11:03 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bid View Post
Any muslim should be searched, padded down, undressed, etc. The 90 year old man in the wheelchair...He needs to roll right through. To hell with all this PC bull. Profile these C-suckers
Except the last terrorist caught was black and American. Didn't look middle eastern in the least.

Duplicate what El Al does. Period.
"Have the clean racing people run any ads explaining that giving a horse a Starbucks and a chocolate poppyseed muffin for breakfast would likely result in a ten year suspension for the trainer?" - Dr. Andrew Roberts
Old 11-18-2010, 07:57 AM
Oriental Park

Black muslim american.

Just like our president
Old 11-18-2010, 08:19 AM
Jerome Park

I bet women get pat downs from female security guards..

hmm..

better start flying more often
Old 11-18-2010, 04:52 PM
Fairgrounds

Quote:
Black muslim american.

Just like our president

Wow what a coincidence. A terrorist the same profile as our President.
Old 11-18-2010, 05:34 PM
Newmarket

the TSA policy is insane. the underwear bombers father went to the Cia, and warned them that his son was dangerous and hanging out with terrorists. yet that didn't even get him on the no fly list and he was still free to board an aircraft with an explosive device in his underwear. meanwhile no crotch or boob in America goes unmolested at our airports and this is supposed to be making us safer.

they need to learn that who is boarding the plane is at least as important as what gets on the plane. there are plenty of techniques and algorithms which can point them towards the high risk people and away from the idea that every nun must be felt up.
Old 11-18-2010, 06:26 PM
Cahokia Downs

If they tossed in a prostate exam or mammogram, perhaps folks wouldn't mind so much.
Old 11-18-2010, 06:59 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by sham View Post
If they tossed in a prostate exam or mammogram, perhaps folks wouldn't mind so much.
Well okay maybe a mammogram but we all know where to go for a breast exam.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40248892...ime_and_courts
Old 11-18-2010, 07:11 PM
Keeneland

Does DADT apply to TSA? I'd argue lesbian women should check men and gay men should check women. A bi-partisan, happy ending and gays and lesbians need apply!
Old 11-18-2010, 07:54 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
How about we get the Arabs where it really hurts? Like taking a closer look at all those getting their food subsidized in NYC, for example. It's not so much that these F-U-C-Kers are recent immigrants and we're paying for their food (I mean, if we took their privileges away we'd also have to do likewise in the case of all those new immigrant Chinese nonagenarians -- you know, the one's that haven't worked A SINGLE F U CKIN day in this country). It's the added smack in the face of watching them pay with their food cards at the local market while their spouses are waiting for them outside in their new $40k SUV's.

This PC BS has gotten just a wee bit out of control.