Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Triple Crown Topics/Archive..
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-06-2011, 12:16 PM
Cahokia Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogygian View Post
Just a thought here on the draw...

My thought is the Post Positions should be drawn in the order of graded earnings. The horse with the most gets to draw first and the horse with the fewest draws last. Therefore putting some weight on the earnings and rewarding the horses that have earned the most.
I compare the lead up to the derby to the regular seasons in football, basketball and baseball. The team that does the best is rewarded with home field advantage and the "easier" playoff schedule.
A horse that draws in last should not be afforded the same opportunity that the number 1 horse does.
Just now listening to the replay and Satish said the same thing...
Old 05-06-2011, 12:16 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Just a thought here on the draw...

My thought is the Post Positions should be drawn in the order of graded earnings. The horse with the most gets to draw first and the horse with the fewest draws last. Therefore putting some weight on the earnings and rewarding the horses that have earned the most.
I compare the lead up to the derby to the regular seasons in football, basketball and baseball. The team that does the best is rewarded with home field advantage and the "easier" playoff schedule.
A horse that draws in last should not be afforded the same opportunity that the number 1 horse does.
This is great until the no-hope winner of the Blue Grass gets to pick like fifth because of the purse.
Old 05-06-2011, 01:00 PM
Cahokia Downs

Quote:
Just now listening to the replay and Satish said the same thing...
It would still be better then the horse that barely makes it into the derby getting a great post...Derby Kitten for example...
Old 05-06-2011, 01:03 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Lots of people keep saying this. People realize that horses with a chance get stuck in cruddy post positions every single day, right? Why should a Derby horse with lots of graded earnings suddenly get a better post choice when the 3-5 favorite in the fifth at Charles Town gets stuck in the 12 hole in a 6f sprint all the time?