Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > "At the Races with Steve Byk"
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-11-2011, 08:37 AM
Steve Byk

Default 4/11: Motion, Mig, Haskin, Terranova, Elser, more!

ATR Monday!

STREAM

9:00 Opening
9:15 Steve Haskin
9:30 Graham Motion
9:45 "

10:00 Haskin/Johnny D.
10:15 Harry Rosenblum
10:30 Rich Migliore/Johnny D.
10:45 "

11:00 Jon White
11:15 "
11:30 John Terranova
11:45 Kip Elser

Last edited by Kasept : 04-11-2011 at 11:37 AM.
Old 04-11-2011, 09:07 AM
Washington Park

Has Repole been on your show? I actually like some of his interviews...
Old 04-11-2011, 09:08 AM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by outofthebox View Post
Has Repole been on your show? I actually like some of his interviews...
Yes. He's been on a few times.
Old 04-11-2011, 10:09 AM
Steve Byk

Harry T. Rosenblum a surprise ATR visitor discussing the 51% stake he sold to Bob LaPenta in Arky Derby runner Truman's Commander.. Nick Zito has taken over the training on the Friends Lake colt who arrived in Hot Springs Monday..
Old 04-11-2011, 10:54 AM
Jerome Park

John Terranova wins three at Keeneland Saturday, including the Grade 1 Ashland, but he still can't get his name spelled correctly in the headline of a Derby Trail thread.

I tell you, he can't get no repsect.
Old 04-11-2011, 11:00 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind View Post
John Terranova wins three at Keeneland Saturday, including the Grade 1 Ashland, but he still can't get his name spelled correctly in the headline of a Derby Trail thread.

I tell you, he can't get no repsect.
I'm just glad someone other than myself finally misspelled an Italian name.
Old 04-11-2011, 11:02 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept View Post
Harry T. Rosenblum a surprise ATR visitor discussing the 51% stake he sold to Bob LaPenta in Arky Derby runner Truman's Commander.. Nick Zito has taken over the training on the Friends Lake colt who arrived in Hot Springs Monday..
He was some 2-year-old! ....

I don't even remember him from the Fasig Tipton Texas 2yo sale - and no one - who doesn't buy - studies that sale like I do.

If he wins the Arkansas Derby....
Old 04-11-2011, 11:05 AM
Flemington

Truman's Commander was also a 6K late supp - much like Lagoon of Diamonds.
Old 04-11-2011, 02:43 PM
Jerome Park

I'm doing Raceday with Mig and Ernie Munick today. Mig picked 10 horses at Parx and Beulah based on looks.....three winners......8:1, 10:1 and 11:1. I kid you not.

Even I'm impressed.
Old 04-11-2011, 03:10 PM
Fairgrounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind View Post
I'm doing Raceday with Mig and Ernie Munick today. Mig picked 10 horses at Parx and Beulah based on looks.....three winners......8:1, 10:1 and 11:1. I kid you not.

Even I'm impressed.
Sad that NYRA can't stream the MON-TUES shows on an internet outlet for out of city/state residents who are stuck wit the two track tango on TVG.
Old 04-11-2011, 03:12 PM
Louisiana Downs

Great 3 Hours Today Steve! I loved getting Steve Haskin and Jon White's commentary directly after the monster weekend we had.

You put it very well when you said something like Uncle Mo's loss seemed shocking at first but in the days that followed it became more and more clear that the loss made sense.

Great interviews with all the connections - keep up the great coverage Steve!
Old 04-11-2011, 07:33 PM
Saratoga

Steve, I know you had him on Friday, but the next time you talk to John Sabini, can you ask him about getting rid of this Palm/Easter Sunday nonsense? I mean, we are in New York and you can even buy liquor on Sunday. I know it might have to go through Albany, but with NYRA trying to make up the otb losses, this may be the right time to do it.

Sabini has done a terrific job and certainly sounds amenable to reason, even if they just let us access our NYRA rewards. What happened to the separation of Church and State?
Old 04-11-2011, 07:43 PM
Dee Tee Stables

i'm not so sure that nyra etc is concerned about a backlash so much as thinking that easter wouldn't be a big betting day.
Old 04-11-2011, 07:48 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig View Post
i'm not so sure that nyra etc is concerned about a backlash so much as thinking that easter wouldn't be a big betting day.
I don't disagree, but this isn't Arkansas. It is an antiquated rule that needs to be taken off the books and I can't imagine a backlash in New York. It is as simple as that.
Old 04-11-2011, 07:51 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by pointman View Post
I don't disagree, but this isn't Arkansas. It is an antiquated rule that needs to be taken off the books and I can't imagine a backlash in New York. It is as simple as that.

Palm Sunday I agree but shouldn't NYRA workers get to visit with family on Easter too?
Old 04-11-2011, 07:58 PM
Oaklawn

Gulfstream was noticeably quieter last year on Easter Sunday...
Old 04-11-2011, 08:03 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3kings View Post
Palm Sunday I agree but shouldn't NYRA workers get to visit with family on Easter too?
Give me a break. I am sure that the people who work for the Yankees, Mets, Knicks, Rangers, Islanders, transit workers, gas stations, liquor stores, convenience stores, restaurants, movie theaters, should I go on, would too. But they work. It is an antiquated law.
Old 04-11-2011, 08:31 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Stone View Post
Gulfstream was noticeably quieter last year on Easter Sunday...
which illustrates my point. i'm all for getting rid of antiquated laws. i live in a dry county, which i think stinks. but as for racing, i just don't think that many folks would want to spend easter at the track.
and fyi, pointman, i'm not from here originally. but i don't regret the move at all!
Old 04-11-2011, 08:42 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig View Post
which illustrates my point. i'm all for getting rid of antiquated laws. i live in a dry county, which i think stinks. but as for racing, i just don't think that many folks would want to spend easter at the track.
and fyi, pointman, i'm not from here originally. but i don't regret the move at all!
Actually, I wasn't putting Arkansas down at all, it is unfortunate if you would read it that way. I am quite familiar with Arkansas and have spent quite a bit of time in Little Rock, Hot Springs and low populated, dry counties as well. as well and like it. I am also quite familiar with the additudes towards religion with respect to laws in different parts of Arkansas as I am with different parts of New York. I am pretty certain that taking into account overall how the State of Arkansas would regard this issue versus the State of New York, there would be a different outcome. Kentucky, Florida and I believe California allow it. In New York, this rule is nonsense.
Old 04-11-2011, 09:13 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
In New York, this rule is nonsense.

i agree.