Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-21-2006, 10:02 PM
The Curragh

Default Go Get Ya Some Everyone.........

I am off and running. I am headed to work now (11:00pm EST on Friday) and will be off around 8:00 am EST, just in time for the initial heat wave. Long story short, cash some nice ones everyone!).

Gotta love 3rd shift, yeah right. Anyways, best of luck to everyone and my one and only bet this weekend will be $50 Win and $50 Place on Preachinatthebar

CurtP
Old 07-21-2006, 10:37 PM
Washington Park

Good luck Curt. Seems that you picked the hardest race of the weekend to wager, lol. I cant make heads apart between Preachin, Rathor, Texcess, Spellbinder, and even Papi Chullo could fit. Giacomo seems strong for 3rd/4th and Southern Africa is eligibile to improve 2nd back. Damn I hate this race...

I cant believe what a bunch of nerds we are. We're looking up money laundering in the dictionary.

www.myspace.com/dustinfabian
Old 07-22-2006, 11:58 AM
Dee Tee Stables

well good luck choosing a winner in that race! maybe southern africa?? may not be a lot of 'big names' in that one, but seems to be a contentious field.
Old 07-22-2006, 03:18 PM
Churchill Downs

I fear I am not seeing the enthusiasm for Southern Africa. He was unable to win a good race on the major circuits as a 3yo - had to go to Sunland, Lone Star, Philly Park for his stakes brackets. He would have to improve a great deal to compete effectively at this level, in my opinion, and his first race back doesn't give one confidence that he has. (Now watch him canter in.)
Old 07-22-2006, 04:14 PM
The Curragh

I am very stoked at the moment, leaving for my first night of live racing at Scioto Downs, a really nice Harness Track here in Central Ohio. Gonna have a nice steak dinner and enjoy some live harness racing, and, oh yeah, watch my horse hopefully win one at Del Mar, Preachinatthebar. Scioto downs has a really nice dining area overlooking the track, and not to mention great food at a reasonable cost.
Old 07-22-2006, 04:15 PM
The Curragh

Scioto has some nice races tonight fyi if you are into Harness.